• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cold Call Story

Bwolf

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, someone from Bradenton, Florida, left a message asking about selling my timeshare. The person didn't say which one. Also, I'm not sure how he got my home number when I use my cell for timeshare related matters.

I called, thinking I'd hear the spiel and then say no. I did, and I did, and he swore at me and hung-up. My wife heard it thirty feet away. Apparently, telling him I wouldn't pay an up-front fee company upset him.

I called back and asked to speak to his supervisor. The lady who answered the phone said she couldn't find his supervisor, but she was a supervisor, could she help? So, I told her what he told me. She said, "Excuse me?" and I told her that was exactly what he told me and my wife heard it. She said she'd have someone call me right back. The "owner" called back and asked what I wanted him to do. I said firing the guy sounded good to me.

Long story short, the guy is supposed to call tomorrow and apologize. I'm not holding my breath.

I did ask the "owner" if he had heard of TUG. He said yes and they'd probably taken my money and I never heard back from them. I said no, it is a group of Timeshare owners and their advice is never to pay an up-front fee company. He had no response.

Lesson: Don't return cold calls, especially if they originate in Bradenton, Florida.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
A couple weeks ago I got a cold call from Bradenton also. Asked if I was interested in selling or renting my timeshares. Thought I'd play along for a bit and asked which ones since I own 3 weeks. He said Marriotts, and I said which ones again. Ultimately I told him I have no interest and ended the conversation.

I too wonder where he got my number, although which so much information public, it's probably not hard to get this kind of info.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had at least one such cold call every month asking if I wanted to sell or rent my timeshares. My answer was always short and simple : NO. Most calls, but not all, originate from Florida. As to where did they get my phone number my guess is that one way or another they get the names of owners from resort developers. One can only speculate how some underpaid staff members with access to resort ownership records may use this information to maximize their income. Is such practice illegal ? I don't know, but it would be very hard to prove if you wanted to dispute it.

K.