• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coconut Plantation vs MVW litigation

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Mike - The mediation was still taking place yesterday afternoon (7/12) based on a reply I got from an email I sent to the those negotiating for the Association. It leads me to believe that there will be a settlement. I follow the court docket too and I'm just learning that there are "legacy" owners who have a deed to their units and particular weeks to go, and there are the "point" owners who I think have no ownership of a unit but have a "trust" that gives them access when a unit is available based on the points they have. I don't know much about trusts, but isn't there a "trustee" that owns the property? Who is the trustee for the points owners at Coconut Plantation? PLV or MVW? Is the "trustee" a member of the Association or are the points owners members? What do our governing documents say who are members of the Association? If, for example, PLV owns the underlying points property, are our lawyers representing who they are suing. Or are points owners excluded from any settlement that is reached? A can of worms. I'll probably wait to see what the settlement is, if there is one, before I raise these issues with the Board. Not that the points owners shouldn't share in a settlement, but if PLV is the owner for the points people, I don't like PLV sharing in the settlement.

Does anyone have information about who owns the property involved in the points system?
If the Hyatt Points trust works like how Marriott setup their points trust as well as the Sheraton and Westin Flex trusts, the trustee would be First American Trust, FSB. Unfortunately I don't know where the land trust is setup for the Hyatt Points program. It may be recorded in Orange County Florida like the other three trusts I mentioned. I believe the BOD for the three trusts I mentioned are all mainly employees of Marriott Vacations Worldwide. I would expect something similar for the Hyatt points trust.

Scratch most of that. It looks like the trustee for what is called the HPC Trust is Chicago Title. Here is a link to the recorded memorandum of trust as recorded in Orange County, Florida.

Last edited:

wendyleighj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trust means the HPC Trust dated June 15, 2017, a Florida vacation club land trust established pursuant to Section 689.071, Florida Statutes, qualifying as a vacation club land trust pursuant to Section 721.05(34), Florida Statutes, Section 721.08(2)(c)4., Florida Statutes, and Section 721.53(1)(e), Florida Statutes. Presently the inventory includes all of Building 4, the original (about 20%) unsold inventory in the first 3 buildings and all the ROFR options being exercised. Approximately 36% of the unit weeks are owned by the 'Trust'. In this thread I uploaded a PDF of a state filing of all the Trust owned inventory as of 2023.

HPC TRUST ASSOCIATION OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT FOR HPC OWNERSHIP PLAN 6/15/17 Annual Management Fee of 10%
Between HPC Owners' Association Inc, FL ("Trust Association") AND HVC Global Management Association ("Management Company")
Automatically renews every 3 years

Ownership of Management Company - Trust Developer (HPC DEVELOPER, LLC Delaware), HVGG and Management Company are owned by ONE PARENT COMPANY, (presently MVWC)

HV GLOBAL GROUP INC ("HVGG")
, Delaware corporation independently OWNS and MANAGES the HPC PROGRAM and the HYATT RESIDENCE CLUB PROGRAM. The program and product provided are OWNED, DEVELOPED and SOLD by HVGG...NOT BY HYATT CORPORATION

In my Facebook group I've uploaded all the CC&Rs documents pertaining to the 'TRUST'. https://www.facebook.com/groups/48131613756

Reaction score
Thanks. My concern now, based on the probability of a settlement, is to gently tell those directors involved, that the decision to settle is on their shoulders based on Florida Statute 617.0830 (see sections 3 and 4) for "Not For Profit" companies (copied below) and that they should not "release" all claims for what the Defendants have done before. The Association's release should be limited to cover only the claims made in the Complaint in the lawsuit. I told them in no uncertain terms that I don't like the lawyers the are using - - hope I'm wrong, but not amending the Complaint leads me to believe they know they screwed things up and want to get out of it and call it a win.

BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONSChapter 617
CORPORATIONS NOT FOR PROFIT
View Entire Chapter
617.0830 General standards for directors.—
(1) A director shall discharge his or her duties as a director, including his or her duties as a member of a committee:
(a) In good faith;
(b) With the care an ordinarily prudent person in a like position would exercise under similar circumstances; and
(c) In a manner he or she reasonably believes to be in the best interests of the corporation.
(2) In discharging his or her duties, a director may rely on information, opinions, reports, or statements, including financial statements and other financial data, if prepared or presented by:
(a) One or more officers or employees of the corporation whom the director reasonably believes to be reliable and competent in the matters presented;
(b) Legal counsel, public accountants, or other persons as to matters the director reasonably believes are within the persons’ professional or expert competence; or
(c) A committee of the board of directors of which he or she is not a member if the director reasonably believes the committee merits confidence.
(3) A director is not acting in good faith if he or she has knowledge concerning the matter in question that makes reliance otherwise permitted by subsection (2) unwarranted.
(4) A director is not liable for any action taken as a director, or any failure to take any action, if he or she performed the duties of his or her office in compliance with this section.

Reaction score

The most recent emails I exchanged with out Association settlement mediators

Deed Delivery Court Decision​

ACg8ocJT4VjatAB-0EI4OFen5AFwKEHcQdotK-7BBApPPbC5RVD55g=s80-p-mo

Gary Loser <loser.gary@gmail.com>​

Jul 8, 2024, 10:16 AM (6 days ago)

to Gmail, JEANNE

FYI - below is a Florida court opinion (appears to be one of many) that relies on a 1926 Florida Supreme Court decision regarding when the delivery of a Deed is effective. While it relates to a person's death, the issue is when "delivery" of the deed took effect. I highlighted in red what I thought to be the most relevant points regarding the delivery or constructive delivery of the Deed (to whoever it was who record the Deed and the other documents) because the Deed was delivered to a third person who recorded the Deed (PLV, Kersey, Title Company, employee of PLV or Kersey).

I think that PLV acted with a "clear and unchanging intention" to transfer the property to Kersey with no intention of retaining the property to PLV's use, there was a constructive transfer of the Deed. PLV said they were "built out;" corporate resolutions passed to sell the property; Notice of Deletion signed; Partial Easement Assignment; etc. The issue is whether it was April 20 or 24, but in either case, the Deed was constructively delivered before the Notice of Deletion was recorded on April 25. PLV didn't own the property when it recorded the Notice of Deletion.

I think this argument presents a strong case for the Court to decide. The problem is that B&P apparently is not aware of this aspect of the law and are agreeing with PLV's position that the Deed was recorded before the Notice so the transfer is legitimate. The job of a lawyer is to look at the facts and apply those facts to the law - - and that is not what B&P lawyers are doing. They are playing judge, jury and hangman. B&P lawyers should have explained to Rick Rudd and you why this is not applicable and are not willing to argue this to the court. In my mind it is legal malpractice.

Please remember that I am not a Florida lawyer, I don't have access to anything other than Google, and I am doing this as an Owner and Association member.

We can discuss, if you like, before your meeting with B&P lawyers to prepare for the meditation on Wednesday.

Kerr v. Fernandez​

Opinion​

No. 3D01-21.
August 29, 2001.
An appeal from the Circuit Court of Monroe County, Sandra Taylor, Judge. Lower Tribunal Case No. 99-625.
Tracy J. Adams (Key West), for appellants.
Browning, Eden Sireci and Shawn D. Smith (Key West), for appellee.
Before GERSTEN and FLETCHER, J.J. and NESBITT, Senior Judge.

FLETCHER, Judge.
Lutgarda F. Kerr and Sylvia M. O'Neal Sheppard appeal the final judgment entered against them and in favor of Dora R. Fernandez, as personal representative of the estate of J. M. Fernandez, Jr. The controlling question before us is whether J. M. Fernandez, Jr., prior to his death, completed the transfer of title to several parcels of real property by constructive delivery of deeds to the persons named therein as grantees. The litigation itself actually is limited to the transfer of title to only one of the parcels of real estate, that is the transfer to Lutgarda Kerr (his sister) and Sylvia Sheppard (his daughter). The other lots were the subject of deeds from J. M. Fernandez, Jr. to other grantees, including Anna Woodruff, Enrique Esperoy, Jr., and Dora Fernandez herself. Although these deeds were prepared the same day as, in the same fashion as, and turned over to these other grantees in the same way as, the Sheppard/Kerr deed, Dora Fernandez has not, either as estate representative or in her own interest, ever challenged the efficacy of the method of delivery of the deeds to herself or to these other grantees. After a careful review of the trial testimony, we find that the trial court reached the wrong legal conclusion on the undisputed facts, and reverse and remand for further proceedings consistent herewith.
After executing the various deeds described above, J. M. Fernandez, Jr., placed them in a closet (with other valuable papers) for safekeeping until they could be physically delivered to the various grantees, including Sylvia Sheppard when she returned to Key West after an absence therefrom. J. M. Fernandez, Jr., shortly thereafter was debilitated by a stroke and became a total invalid. He never regained his health and died before Sylvia Sheppard could return to Key West to receive physical delivery of the deed personally from him. When Sylvia Sheppard did arrive in Key West Betty DeMerritt gave her the deed. This took place two or three days after the death of J. M. Fernandez, Jr.
This closet was in the home that J. M. Fernandez, Jr. shared with Betty DeMerritt. They were not married but lived together the final fifteen years of J. M. Fernandez, Jr.'s life.
When questioned as to why she turned the deed over to Sylvia, Betty DeMerritt stated that "I knew he wanted me to do it . . . because he couldn't do it." T.12, lines 15-20. She was speaking of J. M. Fernandez, Jr.'s physical disability. Several times in her testimony she made it perfectly clear that J. M. Fernandez, Jr. wanted to deed the parcel to Sylvia Sheppard and Lutgarda Kerr and at no time intended anything else. T. 10, lines 3-8; T.11, lines 20-23; T.16, line 19;; T.17; T.18, lines 7-10.
It is to be noted from the trial testimony that all involved agree that J. M. Fernandez, Jr. never varied from his intention to deliver the deeds to all of the grantees, including the Sheppard/Kerr deed. Ultimately all the deeds were delivered by Betty DeMerritt in the same fashion (including that deed in which Dora Fernandez, the estate's representative, was named as grantee) and all the grantees accepted such delivery, with no protest from the estate, or from one another. The validity of the method of delivery was accepted by all.
There the matter lay dormant from April 1995, until May 1999, when the delivery was challenged solely as to the Sheppard/Kerr deed and only after Sylvia Sheppard and Lutgarda Kerr sought to correct an error in the deed's legal description. Dora Fernandez, for whatever motive, had the estate reopened and filed this action seeking to invalidate the Sheppard/Kerr deed (and no other) on the basis that there was no delivery of the deed by J. M. Fernandez, Jr., thus the property remained in the estate. Kerr and Sheppard defended on the basis that the undisputed facts demonstrate a constructive delivery had taken place. The trial court entered final judgment for the estate.
It is true that delivery of a deed is essential to its effectiveness. See, e.g., Sargent v. Baxter, 673 So.2d 979 (Fla. 4th DCA 1996). This does not mean, however, that a delivery, in order to be effective, must always be a physical handing over of the deed by the grantor to the grantee. For example, the grantor's recording of the deed can in some instances be equivalent to delivery. Sargent, at 980. Acts other than manual delivery (or recording), accompanied by an unchanging and clear intention to pass title can be equally efficacious in establishing delivery. For example, in Parramore v. Parramore, 371 So.2d 123 (Fla. 1st DCA 1978), the First District Court held that the words and acts of the grantor therein, during his last years, accomplished a symbolic and constructive delivery of the deed there involved.
The clearest case we believe most applicable here is Smith v. Owens, 91 Fla. 995, 1001-02, 108 So. 891, 893 (1926), wherein the supreme court stated:

"Actual manual delivery and change of possession are not always required in order to constitute an effectual delivery. The intention of the grantor is the determining factor. . . . In the well-considered case of Gulf Red Cedar Co. v. Cranshaw, 169 Ala. 606, 53 So. 812, the following propositions are announced: No formality or particular words or acts are essential to the delivery of a deed; delivery being a matter of intention, which may be manifested by acts and declarations, and may consist of a transfer of the conveyance without spoken words, or by spoken words without manual act. . . . The test of delivery of a conveyance is whether the grantor intended to reserve to himself the locus poenitentiae, and, if he did, there is no delivery; but if he parts with the control of the deed, or evinces an intention to do so, and to pass it to the grantee, though he may retain the custody or turn it over to another, or place it upon record, the delivery is complete." [e.s.]

The uncontradicted testimony is that J. M. Fernandez, Jr. evinced an intention to deliver the deed personally to Sylvia Sheppard, which intention never changed, but he fell ill and died before he could carry it out. We conclude that the facts here demonstrate an effective delivery.
Further, we conclude that the estate, by challenging the Sheppard/Kerr deed delivery, but accepting the validity of the delivery of the other deeds which were delivered in the identical fashion, is violating the maxim that precludes a party from "approbating" and "reprobating" in asserting a right in court. Several examples of the application of this maxim include Armour Co. v. Lambdin, 154 Fla. 86, 16 So.2d 805 (Fla. 1944), which holds that a party is not permitted to invoke the aid of the courts upon contradictory principles or theories based upon one and the same set of facts, such as here, where Dora Fernandez has sought the court's assistance to invalidate a deed because of the method of delivery while accepting the validity of other deeds from the same grantor delivered in precisely the same fashion. In Griley v. Griley, 43 So.2d 350 (Fla. 1949) the court cited with approval In Re Cummings' Estate, 150 Pa. 397, 25 A. 1125, which applied the maxim to a fact situation in which a party who was a devisee under a will accepted his devise, but attempted to defeat the will's operation as to property devised to other parties. The Pennsylvania court held:
This maxim applied outside of judicial proceedings is recognizable as "one may not eat his cake and yet have it." Griley v. Griley, 43 So.2d 350 (Fla. 1949).
Which the court identified as a well-settled doctrine termed in the Scotch law as the doctrine of `approbate' and `reprobate.' . . . Griley, at 352.

"The orphans' court correctly held that the appellant could not be permitted to affirm the validity of the will in Pennsylvania, and take under it, and at the same time deny its validity in Washington, to prevent other devisees from taking under it, so as to draw to himself, as heir at law, what the testator did not intend he should have, but had distinctly given to others."

Griley, at 353; Cummings' Estate, 25 A. at 1126. Dora Fernandez is violating the maxim in the same fashion, but without the involvement of a will — a mirror image of Cummings. It is seen that the Scotch doctrine is alive, well, and justly applicable here.
For the foregoing reasons, we reverse the final judgment and remand the cause to the trial court for further proceedings consistent herewith, including, but not limited to, entry of judgment for Lutgarda F. Kerr and Sylvia M. O'Neal Sheppard on the amended complaint of Dora R. Fernandez and on the counterclaim of Lutgarda F. Kerr and Sylvia M. O'Neal Sheppard as well as enforcement of the parties' stipulation as to the correct legal description.
Reversed and remanded with instructions.

--
Gary Loser
15650 Villoresi Way
Naples, Florida

Jul 11, 2024, 8:16 AM (3 days ago)

to Gmail, JEANNE

I hope that the lawsuit was not settled at the mediation yesterday. FYI - attached two Florida court decisions showing that the Smith et al v. Owens Florida Supreme Court decision in 1926 is still the law in Florida. I suspect that neither the B&P lawyers or the Defendants' lawyers are aware of the law - - they both assume that recording is when transfer of the Deed takes place.
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg...k-01928/pdf/USCOURTS-flmb-6_19-bk-01928-0.pdf
https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/fl-district-court-of-appeal/2033577.html

See page 5 in the first link and half way through in the second link under the "Florida Law on Delivery" heading refers to the Smith et al decision.

I also saw that Lisa Van Dien's affidavit is posted on the court's web site. I think she must be deposed because she was involved in the negotiations for the sale of the property and she prepared the Deed.

Also, I have not seen that the B&P lawyers ever raised the "Now, Therefore" recital on the first page of the Master Declaration which says, "Declarant declares that all off the Master Property shall be held, transferred, sold, conveyed, mortgaged, occupied and otherwise dealt with subject to the covenants, conditions, reservations, EASEMENTS, charges, and liens, as set forth in this Master Declaration, all of which are in furtherance of the foregoing purposes. Such covenants, conditions, restrictions, reservations, EASEMENTS, charges and liens SHALL RUN WITH THE MASTER PROPERTY, shall be binding upon all parties having or acquiring any right, title or interest in the Master Property, their successors, assigns and legal representatives, and shall inure to the benefit of each and every person or entity from time to time owning or holding an interest in said Master Property." I think this would apply to the transfer/sale of the property to Kersey. The Board probably should determine whether this supports the Associations position as it now stands.

I look forward to hearing from you.
cleardot.gif

Jul 11, 2024, 9:46 AM (3 days ago)

to Gmail, JEANNE

You may want to ask B&P lawyers if they think that the lawsuit is about "Deleting" the PROPERTY sold to Kersey in the Notice of Deletion because I think the issue should be about the Deletion of the "Encumbrance" (i.e., the Easement - - there is no right to delete the property.) The easement goes to the Buyer per the Now, Therefore recital. Take a look at Article II.C.1 about Deletions from Master Property: "Declarant may . . . delete any portion of the Master Property owned by Declarant from encumbrance by this Master Declaration. . ."

It doesn't say that the "Property" can be deleted. Only the easement can be deleted. Implicit is that the easement goes with the to Kersey per the Now, Therefore recital because it "runs with the land." A deposition of Van Dien is where this would be addressed.
cleardot.gif

Jul 11, 2024, 2:57 PM (3 days ago)

to Gmail, JEANNE

I must have inadvertently deleted from my last email that Article II.C.2. is what controls the Deletion of Property without Owners approval, and that is where I think we have a problem. And that is why I think to be successful, the argument has to be when the transfer of Deed was effective - - I think it was effective before the deletion of the Property was recorded based on PLV's intent and it didn't reserve the right to cancel or withdraw the conveyance of the Deed. Basically, there should be included a "quiet title" claim on behalf of the Association.
cleardot.gif

Jul 11, 2024, 8:35 PM (3 days ago)

to Gmail, JEANNE

The argument of both the Association and the Defendants appears to me to be about "deleting the property" sold to Kersey from the Master Declaration via the Notice of Deletion; however, the Notice of Deletion in paragraph 2 says, " Deletion of Released Property. Declarant hereby deletes the Released Property from the encumbrance of the Master Declaration, and every part thereof. The Released Property is hereby deleted from the description of the Master Property and shall be and is forever free of and discharged from the lien, encumbrance and effect of the Master Declaration."

To me it is clear that it is the "encumbrance" that has been deleted from the Master Declaration; there is no deletion of the "Property" itself. The encumbrance is the "easement" (Google "encumbrance" definition if you want to confirm this). The second sentence merely says that the Master Declaration no longer has the "easement" encumbrance for the property sold to Kersey; but it clearly doesn't say that the property sold to Kersey has been deleted from the Master Declaration.

FYI - ordinarily, the heading is not included in the meaning of a provision of a document, so that "Deletion of Released Property" heading is only for information purposes.

In conclusion, I am surprised that you haven't gotten back to me about how the mediation went, so I feel compelled to ask you, has Mr. Kurian or anyone else asked/told you to not communicate with me?
cleardot.gif

Jul 12, 2024, 1:48 PM (2 days ago)

to Gmail, JEANNE

Let me be blunt - - I have no confidence in Mr. Kurian and the B&P lawyers as trial counsel representing the Association. This should be clear from the emails that I have sent to you. If you don't want to rely on what I told you and you want to rely on B&P, there is nothing that I can do about that. But please be kind enough to email me what you will do so that I don't waste time in an effort to help the Association to resolve this litigation.
cleardot.gif

Jul 12, 2024, 2:04 PM (2 days ago)

to Gmail, JEANNE

FYI - in case no one has figured it out yet, Article II.C.1. says the Declarant without consent of the Owner can delete ENCUMBRANCES from the Master Declaration.

Article II.C.2. has to do with DELETION OF MASTER PROPERTY without the consent of Owners.

Read the Notice of Deletion and it specifically says ". . . deletes the Released Property FROM ENCUMBRANCES of the Master Declaration. . ." It doesn't delete the property conveyed to Kersey Smoot. Add to that, Delivery of the Deed is based on the intent of PLV and PLV delivered on April 20 or April 24, but certainly before it was recorded on April 25.

Essentially, B&P are concealing from you the true facts and the true Florida law.
cleardot.gif

AGPWSu-0nldnZHSh8qAb6kusXk0GSGd_oT87EIxUtGiE7fKG0y9EEiVMe_5pZfW8xeTzr1t78g=s80-p

Rick Lohr​

Jul 12, 2024, 2:16 PM (2 days ago)

to me

Gary,

As mentioned before, I appreciate your input. At least until we are presently done with mediation, I'm riding the horse we started on. My business experience leads me to continue to ride the horse that we started on. They are answering questions.

Rick
cleardot.gif

Jul 12, 2024, 2:29 PM (2 days ago)

to Rick

I'll be interested to find out how all of the parties are answering what was conveyed by the Notice Of Deletion other than the Easement, and why the Smith et al v. Owens decision isn't pertinent to when the Deed delivery effective date.

Remember that Lincoln changed his horse many times until he found U.S. Grant to get the win. At least another opinion from a different law firm would give some confidence.

Good Luck.

Reaction score
FYI - basically, I am saying that PLV transferred the property before the Notice of Deletion, and that PLV's Notice of Deletion was the "easement encumbrance" and not deletion of the property from the Master Declaration. PLV can't stop their $2 million per year payment. I am concerned that our mediators are getting far less than we should be getting.

Also, MVW has a number of people involved in the purchase and the negotiations, but MVW was not added to our Complaint.

FYI - Jeanne was appointed to the Board very recently and despite all of the work that I have done to help the Board in this litigation, the Board must have felt that I was non-deserving to be appointed to the Board, which I find hard to believe with the mediation coming up. But I'll be running for a seat on the Board this November.

Reaction score
My communications today regarding the lawsuit and mediation. Any thoughts or info that anyone has would be appreciated.

Question re Association Membership​

Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Search for all messages with label Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Remove label Hyatt Coconut Plantation from this conversation

7:17 AM (7 hours ago)
to Gmail, JEANNE
Good morning Rick and Jeanne:
Would you please let me know if people who purchased "points" are members of the Association? Or are only "legacy" Owners members of the Association?
Thanks.
--
Gary Loser
15650 Villoresi Way
Naples, Florida

JEANNE MCPHILLIPS​

1:03 PM (1 hour ago)
to me, Rick
GM Gary!
To answer your question...
The "trust" (where the points live) is a member of the association, and can vote accordingly.
Best regards,
Jeanne
Jeanne McPhillips
#1 BestSelling Author, Business
Chief SuperGirll
SuperGirlls, LLC
www.supergirlls.com
M: 917-587-3392
E: jeanne@supergirlls.com
Book a Chat

Sent: Monday, July 15, 2024 7:17 AM
To: Gmail <ricklohr11@gmail.com>; JEANNE MCPHILLIPS <jeanne@supergirlls.com>
Subject: Question re Association Membership

1:03 PM (1 hour ago)
to Gmail, JEANNE
The Articles of Incorporation of the Coconut Plantation Condominium Association, Inc. (a corporation not for profit) provides in Article IV Paragraph 1 that “All Owners are Members of this Association, and no other persons or entities are entitled to membership.”
The Articles of Incorporation also provides in its heading that all terms used in these Articles “. . . will have the same meaning as the identical terms used in the Declaration of Condominium . . . unless the context otherwise requires.” The term “Owner” in the Declaration of Condominium provides in Paragraph 2.40: “Owner means, in the case of the Condominium, the owner of a unit or unit week. . .”
Amendment 4 to the Declaration of Condominium says in paragraph 4 that a total of 96 Units, 4992 Unit Weeks, were declared for condominium use on December 12, 2019.
I haven’t found anything that addresses the “Points Program.” However, I believe that Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Inc. owns the underlying Units in the Points Program and that the Units have been placed in Trust for the people or entities who purchased “points” through the Points Program.
If Owners are the people or entities that own the Units, those owning “points” are not Members of the Association - - Members are Legacy Owners or Marriott Vacations Worldwide for their ownership of the Points Program Units or other units (i.e., not yet sold, foreclosure, right of first refusal, etc.). I am guessing that Marriott Vacations Worldwide owns 30-50% of the Units.
If this is correct, is the Association’s counsel representing Marriott Worldwide Vacations interests in the pending litigation and mediation in the same manner as it is representing Legacy members interests? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is in the mediation settlement negotiations via Ms. Butera, Executive Vice President and Executive Officer, Hyatt Vacation Ownership (which is a Division of Marriott Vacations Worldwide). (An admission that MVW should have been a Defendant.)
Is it necessary for Points Program people to have different legal representation because they are not Members of the Association or there is a conflict of interest?
I don’t like the idea of the Association’s (our) law firm possibly representing the Defendant. This would be a serious ethics violation if what I am saying is correct. Are there other Amendments that Rey didn’t provide to me that I requested?
I ask that this be brought to the Court’s attention for resolution before there is a settlement agreement.

1:06 PM (1 hour ago)
to Gmail, JEANNE
Please provide me with our Governing Documents that say the "trust is a member" since Rey didn't provide me with that information.
Thanks

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Please provide me with our Governing Documents that say the "trust is a member" since Rey didn't provide me with that information.
Thanks
The trust is the owner of individual deeded weeks at the resort. That would make the trust a member of the HOA.

Reaction score
The trust is the owner of individual deeded weeks at the resort. That would make the trust a member of the HO
I get your point, but the "trust" has to have an owner (grantor) and a person or entity that administers the trust (grantee) for the beneficiaries, so I'm trying to figure out whether MVW is the "grantor" that set up the trust and does the grantor own the trust. I know there are revocable trusts and irrevocable trusts so how is the trust set up? Can you sent me links to access the trusts? That would be a great help.

Are you saying that people who buy "points" aren't in the Association because they don't own the Units? I think that's the case, but I would like to make sure.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I get your point, but the "trust" has to have an owner (grantor) and a person or entity that administers the trust (grantee) for the beneficiaries, so I'm trying to figure out whether MVW is the "grantor" that set up the trust and does the grantor own the trust. I know there are revocable trusts and irrevocable trusts so how is the trust set up? Can you sent me links to access the trusts? That would be a great help.

Are you saying that people who buy "points" aren't in the Association because they don't own the Units? I think that's the case, but I would like to make sure.
See post #102. The trust documents are in that Facebook Group. The people who own points own a beneficial interest in the Land Trust. The land trust owns the individual deeded weeks.

Reaction score
I'm a novice when it comes to trusts. I found this on Google re who owns trusts. If it's a revocable trust, it appears that Grantor is the owner, which may be MVW if the "trust" is "funded" by MVW putting the Units into the trust. If it's an irrevocable trust, it appears the "trust" is the owner. But if it's an irrevocable trust, how can anything be done with regard to transferring property rights with respect to points via the "points Program." It's impossible to figure it out without access to the trust documents.

"Legally, the assets held in a revocable trust belong to the grantor. Even though the assets may have been renamed or retitled when placed in a trust, the grantor is still liable for reporting any capital gains or income taxes incurred by the assets within the trust.
Unlike property in a revocable trust, all property in an irrevocable trust is owned by the trust itself. Once the grantor has created the irrevocable trust and signed the agreement, the grantor has no legal rights to ownership of the assets held within the trust."

wendyleighj

TUG Member
Reaction score

I referred you to the documents of the HPC TRUST all uploaded in my Facebook group.

1.60 Vacation Ownership Interest Deed means a general warranty deed, statutory warranty deed or similar conveyance or transfer instrument, conforming to the requirements of the Declaration of Vacation Ownership Plan, that conveys and transfers ownership and title to a Vacation Ownership Interest to an Owner.
Vacation Ownership Interests
, as equity interests in the Trust Association that is the beneficiary of the Trust that complies in all respects with the provisions of Section 721.08(2)(c)4., are an indirect interest in the Trust and are therefore timeshare estates pursuant to Section 721.05(34), Florida Statutes. The Trust shall be irrevocable so long as any Owner has a right to occupy any portion of the Trust Property pursuant to the Vacation Ownership Plan. The Trust Documents shall be the “timeshare instrument” for the purposes of Section 721.05(35), Florida Statutes.

3.4 Legal Title and Equitable Title. The Trustee shall have legal and equitable title to all Trust Property for the benefit of the beneficiaries. The Trust Association shall be the sole beneficiary of the Trust with respect to any Trust Property that has been Activated and the Trust Developer shall be the sole beneficiary of the Trust with respect to Trust Property that is Restricted Use Property.

Reaction score
Yesterday I got access to your Facebook link, but today I got the below note. Did you do anything?

Anyway, from your note I see that "point" purchasers have an "equitable" ownership and not a "real deed ownership" interest as Legacy Owners have. It's an equitable interest due to their being the "beneficiaries" of the trust. Your note then says that 3.4 provides "The Trustee shall have legal and equitable title to all Trust Property for the benefit of the beneficiaries. So, my conclusion is that HVGG (based on your post #102) is the Trustee and owns legal title, and HVGG is owned by MVW. The points equitable interest does not make them Association members.

It appears that HVGG will be bound by any settlement and, therefore, is represented by out B&P lawyers. I think that the "point" beneficiaries should have been told that the B&P law firm can not represent them and they need to retain their own law firm because MVW is representing their interests (which are now in settlement negotiations). It just doesn't make sense that MVW is negotiating to settle for the lowest possible $ cost, but their fiduciary obligations to the trust beneficiaries would make them want to settle for the highest $ amount. And that is why I think any settlement can only apply to Legacy owners.

Remember too that all of these documents were prepared by attorneys for MVW and/or MVW's subsidiaries. That does not automatically make the documents right and comply with the law. That is left to the courts. For example, did you see yesterday that the Trump documents lawsuit judge thew the case out because the special prosecutor was not legally/correctly appointed. That's why our Association needs to have the court decide who is covered by any settlement. Does the mediator (Mr. Doyle) know what's going on with respect to points owners and Legacy owners? He should be told if anyone has any ethics concerning representation at the mediation.

FYI - my wife and I are Legacy owners, and I raise this problem because I care about the trust beneficiaries who probably haven't been informed of their rights, including having different attorneys who will protect their legal rights.

This content isn't available right now​

When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.
Go to News Feed
Go back
Visit Help Center

Last edited:

wendyleighj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I got access to your Facebook link, but today I got the below note. Did you do anything?

Anyway, from your note I see that "point" purchasers have an "equitable" ownership and not a "real deed ownership" interest as Legacy Owners have. It's an equitable interest due to their being the "beneficiaries" of the trust. Your note then says that 3.4 provides "The Trustee shall have legal and equitable title to all Trust Property for the benefit of the beneficiaries. So, my conclusion is that HVGG (based on your post #102) is the Trustee and owns legal title, and HVGG is owned by MVW. The points equitable interest does not make them Association members.

It appears that HVGG will be bound by any settlement and, therefore, is represented by out B&P lawyers. I think that the "point" beneficiaries should have been told that the B&P law firm can not represent them and they need to retain their own law firm because MVW is representing their interests (which are now in settlement negotiations). It just doesn't make sense that MVW is negotiating to settle for the lowest possible $ cost, but their fiduciary obligations to the trust beneficiaries would make them want to settle for the highest $ amount. And that is why I think any settlement can only apply to Legacy owners.

Remember too that all of these documents were prepared by attorneys for MVW and/or MVW's subsidiaries. That does not automatically make the documents right and comply with the law. That is left to the courts. For example, did you see yesterday that the Trump documents lawsuit judge thew the case out because the special prosecutor was not legally/correctly appointed. That's why our Association needs to have the court decide who is covered by any settlement. Does the mediator (Mr. Doyle) know what's going on with respect to points owners and Legacy owners? He should be told if anyone has any ethics concerning representation at the mediation.

FYI - my wife and I are Legacy owners, and I raise this problem because I care about the trust beneficiaries who probably haven't been informed of their rights, including having different attorneys who will protect their legal rights.

This content isn't available right now​

When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.
Go to News Feed
Go back
Visit Help Center
Please try again. https://www.facebook.com/groups/48131613756

Reaction score
Any further updates on the mediation?
I just this morning sent the below email asking if the mediation is still ongoing, and whether the Smith et al. v. Owens case has been raised. I think as this as taking way to long. A mediation is short, usually a day or two - - ten weeks is ridiculous.

"Is the Association still mediating settlement of the lawsuit? Has the Florida Supreme Court's decision Smith et al. v. Owens been raised? I am 100% certain that the decision says that a Deed is conveyed on signing (without retaining any interest in the property) and that recording of the Deed is not required - - i.e., the property was conveyed to Smoot by PLV on either April 20, 2023 or April 24, 2023 before the Deed was recorded on April 25, 2023 as they continually argue to be the conveyance date (see Motion for Summary Judgement on page 6). Therefore, PLV did not own the property when the Deletion document was recorded as required for the deletion to be effective.

Ten weeks to settle this case is just too long in my opinion because there is no way that you, Jeanne and Mike could have been there and B&P lawyers could not have possibly told you what you need to know. A mediation should not take this long. I really think that the settlement discussions should be terminated and the litigation restarted. I hope that you agree."

Last edited:
Reaction score
I sent the below email to the Lee County Grievance Committee to see if I am permitted to file a grievance against all of the lawyers involved in our lawsuit. It will be interesting to find out what they say. I have no confidence in the ethics, integrity or honesty of Florida lawyers complying with Florida law or the Rules of the Bar. What am I missing? Here is what I said to the Grievance Committee:

11:15 AM (2 hours ago)
to nsavino
Dear Ms. Savino, Chair Twentieth Circuit Grievance Committee C:
I am a retired attorney and have maintained my membership in the District of Columbia Bar (Member # 362522). I was a Senior Counsel for General Electric Company and Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel for Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates, Inc.

My wife and I own four weeks of timeshares at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation in Bonita Springs and paid approximately $100,000 total for them in 2002. I have been following the litigation between the Coconut Plantation Condominium Association ("Association") with Pelican Landing Timeshare Ventures Limited Partnership (“PLV”) and Kersey Smoot Investments (“Kersey”), Case Number 23-CA-008717. As a member of the Condo Association I have been in regular communication with the President of the Association providing my thoughts regarding the ongoing litigation. The Association's trial counsel refused to communicate with me so the President of the Association told me that he would forward all of my emails to our trial counsel.

I am aware that I can file a lawsuit to address this, so by this email I am only inquiring about filing a grievance against the Association's trial counsel and whether I may also file against the counsel for Defendants. At issue is approximately $2.5 million PER YEAR. There has just been a "voluntary dismissal" of the litigation (after 10 weeks of court ordered mediation). I am very concerned whether justice has been done and whether the Association's trial counsel provided legally adequate representation of the Association and whether the Defendants' counsel did not comply with their obligations to follow the Florida Bar Rules.

Short Summary of Some Relevant Facts for Consideration as to whether I have the Right to File a Grievance
London Bay’s attorney prepared the Special Warranty Deed for PLV regarding "conveyance" of the real estate property at issue in the litigation. I believe London Bay owns or controls Defendant PLV. The Deed says in its first paragraph that it was “made and executed as of the 24th day of April 2023.” The final paragraph says that the Deed was “executed in manner and form sufficient to bind it as of the day and year first above written.”

The Complaint for the Condo Association states in paragraph 15 that “on April 25, 2023, PLV conveyed the Deleted Property to Kersey, by way of a warranty deed recorded on that date (emphasis added).” I believe that statement in the Complaint is incorrect and inconsistent with the Special Warranty Deed as well as Florida law as stated by the Florida Supreme Court. The date of conveyance of the property should have been corrected and the court informed of the error. However, PLV and Kersey have consistently taken the position that the Deed was conveyed to Kersey on April 25, 2023 when it was recorded in Lee County, for example, in their Motions for Summary Judgement. The Association's trial counsel has not corrected the error in the Complaint with the Court. I believe that justice can not prevail if the court has never been informed of such material law and facts.

PLV’s Motion for Summary Judgement, page 6, paragraph 11, says, “On April 25, 2023, PLV conveyed the Released Property to Kersey Smoot via a recorded Warranty Deed. Compl. at para. 15; Ex. 3.” In addition, PLV stated in Section IV, page 16, “The Special Warranty Deed conveying the Released Property from PLV to Kersey was recorded on April 25, 2023 at 11:15 AM – immediately after the Notice of Deletion was recorded. . . Because the Notice of Deletion was recorded before the Special Warranty Deed, Kersey took the released property subject to the terms of the Notice of Deletion.” See also, Kersey’s Motion for Summary Judgement, paragraphs 8 and 9, where it is stated that “On April 25, 2023, PLV recorded a Notice of Deletion of Property . . . [and] [a]fter completing the Notice of Deletion, PLV conveyed the Deleted Property to Kersey Smoot via a Special Warranty Deed.”

In Section II.A. of PLV’s Motion for Summary Judgement, it is stated that “Subject to any Prohibited Deletions, Declarant may, without the consent of any Owner, or any person claiming by, through, or under any Owner, at any time delete any portion of the Master Property owned by Declarant from encumbrance from [sic, by] this Master Declaration by executing and filing of record a Notice of Deletion from Master Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (emphasis in original).”

I believe that PLV also should have highlighted the words, “owned by Declarant” because I believe that the essence of the litigation should have been whether the Special Warranty Deed was conveyed by PLV to Kersey on April 25, 2023 or on April 24, 2023. It is stated in the final paragraph of the Deed that PLV “has caused these presents to be executed in manner and form sufficient to bind it as of the day and year first above written.” i.e., April 24, 2023; not April 25, 2023 when the Deed was recorded.

I also believe that Florida law provides that the Deed was conveyed on April 24, 2023 based on the Florida Supreme Court’s decision in Smith et al. v. Owens, 91 Fla.995 (Fla 1926). In that case, the Florida Supreme Court stated the law as: “Where a deed is for the benefit of the grantee, and places no burden on him, an acceptance is presumed. The test of delivery of a conveyance is whether the grantor intended to reserve to himself the locus poenitentiae, and if he did there is no delivery; but if he part with the control of the deed, or evinces an intention to do so, and to pass it to the grantee, though he may retain the custody or turn it over to another, or place it on record, the delivery is complete (emphasis added). See also, The Allegro at Boynton Beach L.L.C. v. Pearson, 287 So. 3rd 592 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 2019)

In view of the Deed’s statement that on April 24, 2023 that it was executed in a manner and form sufficient to bind it, and that it was recorded on the next day, and the Florida Supreme Court’s decision in Smith et al. v. Owens, the Deed clearly was conveyed to Kersey on April 24, 2023. The lawyers not addressing this, I believe, violate the Florida Bar Rules.

The Notice of Deletion, prepared by Mr. Andrew Stanko, an attorney and Senior Vice President of Marriott Vacations Worldwide, states in the fourth Whereas clause, based on Article II, Section C.1. of the Master Declaration, that “Declarant may at any time delete any portion of the Master Property owned by Declarant from the encumbrance of the Master Declaration by executing and filing of record a Notice of Deletion of same from the Master Declaration . . .” Thus, I believe, the Notice of Deletion was effective when it was recorded on April 25, 2023 and that conclusion is consistent with PLV’s Motion for Summary Judgement. Consequently, PLV no longer owned the “Released Property” when the Notice of Deletion was recorded, and the Notice of Deletion was void ab initio.

None of the firms have addressed the inaccuracy of the Complaint regarding when conveyance was effected, however, all of the attorneys involved in this litigation have a responsibility to the court to ensure that the integrity of the legal process is not undermined. I believe that the integrity of the legal process has been undermined by the attorneys for both the Plaintiff and the Defendants which is why I am inquiring whether I may file a grievance with the Committee.

I believe that it would be very inappropriate to settle the litigation prior to disclosure to the Court the material law and facts set forth above for when conveyance of a Deed is effective. I believe that the law firms have an obligation to disclose the above to the Court as required by the Florida Bar Association’s Rules:

Florida Bar Rule 4-3.3(a)(1) provides that a “lawyer shall not knowingly make a false statement of fact or law to a tribunal or fail to correct a false statement of material fact or law previously made to the tribunal by the lawyer.” The false statements are in the Motions for Summary Judgement.

Florida Bar Rule 4-3.3(a)(3) provides in relevant part that “A lawyer shall not knowingly fail to disclose to the tribunal legal authority in the jurisdiction known to the lawyer to be directly adverse to the position of the client and not disclosed by opposing counsel.” I believe that all of the lawyers had an obligation to disclose the Smith et al. v. Owens decision to the court so as to not undermine the integrity of the legal process.

The Comments to the Rule 4 state:
This rule sets forth the special duties of lawyers as officers of the court to avoid conduct that undermines the integrity of the adjudicative process. A lawyer acting as an advocate in an adjudicative proceeding has an obligation to present the client’s case with persuasive force. Performance of that duty while maintaining confidences of the client is qualified by the advocate’s duty of candor to the tribunal. Consequently, although a lawyer in an adversary proceeding is not required to present a disinterested exposition of the law or to vouch for the evidence submitted in a cause, the lawyer must not allow the tribunal to be misled by false statements of law or fact or evidence that the lawyer knows to be false.

Representations by a lawyer - An advocate is responsible for pleadings and other documents prepared for litigation but is usually not required to have personal knowledge of matters asserted therein, for litigation documents ordinarily present assertions by the client, or by someone on the client’s behalf, and not assertions by the lawyer. Compare rule 4- 3.1. However, an assertion purporting to be on the lawyer’s own knowledge, as in an affidavit by the lawyer or in a statement in open court, may properly be made only when the lawyer knows the assertion is true or believes it to be true on the basis of a reasonably diligent inquiry. There are circumstances where failure to make a disclosure is the equivalent of an affirmative misrepresentation.

Misleading legal argument - Legal argument based on a knowingly false representation of law constitutes dishonesty toward the tribunal. A lawyer is not required to make a disinterested exposition of the law, but must recognize the existence of pertinent legal authorities. Furthermore, as stated in subdivision (a)(3), an advocate has a duty to disclose directly adverse authority in the controlling jurisdiction that has not been disclosed by the opposing party. The underlying concept is that legal argument is a discussion seeking to determine the legal premises properly applicable to the case.

Rule 4-3.3(a)(2), requires a lawyer to reveal a material fact to the tribunal when disclosure is necessary to avoid assisting a criminal or fraudulent act by the client, and 4-3.3(a)(4) prohibits a lawyer from offering false evidence and requires the lawyer to take reasonable remedial measures when false material evidence has been offered.

Member's of the Florida Bar have not disclosed material fact and legal issues to the Court, so I respectfully submit that the Florida Bar must listen to what members of other state bars have to say regarding undermining the integrity of the adjudicative process by Florida Bar members.

Thank you for your consideration,

Reaction score
Below is a copy of the "Voluntary Dismissal" of our lawsuit. I hope that the Florida Bar's Grievance Committee for the Lee County Court allows me to file a grievance complaint that shows everything that has been done in violation of the Florida Bar Rules. I bet that all of the 4 current Board members running for the Board will win - - probably because Chicago Title Timeshare Land Trust which controls all of the "Points" owners votes, will vote for the Board members because they have given away our legal rights to get the Declarant/Developer (PLV) to pay what it should have. My suggestion is to NOT VOTE FOR THE CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS IN THE UPCOMING ELECTION and hope we get lucky. We now will have to wait and see what we receive from the settlement. A sad day for the Association.

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE TWENTIETH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT IN AND FOR LEE COUNTY, FLORIDA CIVIL ACTION COCONUT PLANTATION CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC., Plaintiff, vs. CASE NO: 2023-CA-8717 PELICAN LANDING TIMESHARE VENTURES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, and KERSEY SMOOT INVESTMENTS, LLC, Defendants.

NOTICE OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE Plaintiff, COCONUT PLANTATION CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC., by and through its undersigned counsel, hereby files this Notice of Voluntary Dismissal in the above captioned case, with prejudice, as to Defendant, PELICAN LANDING TIMESHARE VENTURES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP and Defendant, KERSEY SMOOT INVESTMENTS, LLC., and with each party to bear its own attorneys’ fees and costs. DATED this 17th day of September, 2024.

Filing # 207104683 E-Filed 09/17/2024 05:07:01 PM eFiled Lee County Clerk of Courts Page 1 LAW OFFICES BECKER & POLIAKOFF SIX MILE CORPORATE PARK • 12140 CARISSA COMMERCE COURT • SUITE 200 • FORT MYERS, FL 33966 TELEPHONE (239) 433-7707 2 BECKER & POLIAKOFF, P.A. Attorneys for Plaintiff Six Mile Corporate Park 12140 Carissa Commerce Court, Suite 200 Fort Myers, FL 33966 Telephone: 239.433.7707 Facsimile: 239.433.5933 Primary: skurian@beckerlawyers.com Secondary: courtmail@beckerlawyers.com By: Sanjay Kurian, Esq. FBN: 190659 CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE I HEREBY CERTIFY that on this 17th day of September, 2024, I electronically filed the foregoing document with the Clerk of the Court using the Florida Courts eFiling system, which will automatically serve a copy on all counsel of record via email at their designated email addresses, and served any pro se parties, not electing to receive service via email, via Regular U.S. Mail. eFiled Lee County Clerk of Courts Page 2 LAW OFFICES BECKER & POLIAKOFF SIX MILE CORPORATE PARK • 12140 CARISSA COMMERCE COURT • SUITE 200 • FORT MYERS, FL 33966 TELEPHONE (239) 433-7707 3 BECKER & POLIAKOFF, P.A. Attorneys for Plaintiff Six Mile Corporate Park 12140 Carissa Commerce Court, Suite 200 Fort Myers, FL 33966 Telephone: 239-433-7707 Facsimile: 239-433-5933 Primary: skurian@beckerlawyers.com Secondary: courtmail@beckerlawyers.com By: Sanjay Kurian, Esq. FBN: 190659 SERVICE LIST KERSEY SMOOT INVESTMENTS, LLC, Defendant. Edward K. Cheffy, Esq. FBN: 393649 Kimberly D. Swanson, Esq. FBN: 1018219 CHEFFY PASSIDOMO, P.A. 821 Fifth Avenue South, #201 Naples, FL 34102 Tel.: (239) 261-9300 ekcheffy@napleslaw.com ffharper@napleslaw.com kdswanson@napleslaw.com sfuentes@napleslaw.com PELICAN LANDING TIMESHARE VENTURES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, Defendant. Kevin A. Reck, Esq. FBN: 505552 Katlin C. Cravatta, Esq. FBN: 113258 FOLEY & LARDNER LLP 301 East Pine St., Suite 1200 Orlando, Florida 32801 kreck@foley.com kcravatta@foley.com bshelley@foley.com 25546104v.1 eFiled Lee County Clerk of Courts Page 3

ChicagoDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe x2
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Renaissance Aruba
Westin Lagunamar
Below is a copy of the "Voluntary Dismissal" of our lawsuit. I hope that the Florida Bar's Grievance Committee for the Lee County Court allows me to file a grievance complaint that shows everything that has been done in violation of the Florida Bar Rules. I bet that all of the 4 current Board members running for the Board will win - - probably because Chicago Title Timeshare Land Trust which controls all of the "Points" owners votes, will vote for the Board members because they have given away our legal rights to get the Declarant/Developer (PLV) to pay what it should have. My suggestion is to NOT VOTE FOR THE CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS IN THE UPCOMING ELECTION and hope we get lucky. We now will have to wait and see what we receive from the settlement. A sad day for the Association.

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE TWENTIETH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT IN AND FOR LEE COUNTY, FLORIDA CIVIL ACTION COCONUT PLANTATION CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC., Plaintiff, vs. CASE NO: 2023-CA-8717 PELICAN LANDING TIMESHARE VENTURES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, and KERSEY SMOOT INVESTMENTS, LLC, Defendants.

NOTICE OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE Plaintiff, COCONUT PLANTATION CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC., by and through its undersigned counsel, hereby files this Notice of Voluntary Dismissal in the above captioned case, with prejudice, as to Defendant, PELICAN LANDING TIMESHARE VENTURES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP and Defendant, KERSEY SMOOT INVESTMENTS, LLC., and with each party to bear its own attorneys’ fees and costs. DATED this 17th day of September, 2024.

Filing # 207104683 E-Filed 09/17/2024 05:07:01 PM eFiled Lee County Clerk of Courts Page 1 LAW OFFICES BECKER & POLIAKOFF SIX MILE CORPORATE PARK • 12140 CARISSA COMMERCE COURT • SUITE 200 • FORT MYERS, FL 33966 TELEPHONE (239) 433-7707 2 BECKER & POLIAKOFF, P.A. Attorneys for Plaintiff Six Mile Corporate Park 12140 Carissa Commerce Court, Suite 200 Fort Myers, FL 33966 Telephone: 239.433.7707 Facsimile: 239.433.5933 Primary: skurian@beckerlawyers.com Secondary: courtmail@beckerlawyers.com By: Sanjay Kurian, Esq. FBN: 190659 CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE I HEREBY CERTIFY that on this 17th day of September, 2024, I electronically filed the foregoing document with the Clerk of the Court using the Florida Courts eFiling system, which will automatically serve a copy on all counsel of record via email at their designated email addresses, and served any pro se parties, not electing to receive service via email, via Regular U.S. Mail. eFiled Lee County Clerk of Courts Page 2 LAW OFFICES BECKER & POLIAKOFF SIX MILE CORPORATE PARK • 12140 CARISSA COMMERCE COURT • SUITE 200 • FORT MYERS, FL 33966 TELEPHONE (239) 433-7707 3 BECKER & POLIAKOFF, P.A. Attorneys for Plaintiff Six Mile Corporate Park 12140 Carissa Commerce Court, Suite 200 Fort Myers, FL 33966 Telephone: 239-433-7707 Facsimile: 239-433-5933 Primary: skurian@beckerlawyers.com Secondary: courtmail@beckerlawyers.com By: Sanjay Kurian, Esq. FBN: 190659 SERVICE LIST KERSEY SMOOT INVESTMENTS, LLC, Defendant. Edward K. Cheffy, Esq. FBN: 393649 Kimberly D. Swanson, Esq. FBN: 1018219 CHEFFY PASSIDOMO, P.A. 821 Fifth Avenue South, #201 Naples, FL 34102 Tel.: (239) 261-9300 ekcheffy@napleslaw.com ffharper@napleslaw.com kdswanson@napleslaw.com sfuentes@napleslaw.com PELICAN LANDING TIMESHARE VENTURES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, Defendant. Kevin A. Reck, Esq. FBN: 505552 Katlin C. Cravatta, Esq. FBN: 113258 FOLEY & LARDNER LLP 301 East Pine St., Suite 1200 Orlando, Florida 32801 kreck@foley.com kcravatta@foley.com bshelley@foley.com 25546104v.1 eFiled Lee County Clerk of Courts Page 3
Is it worth pursuing a D&O lawsuit against the BOD and the individual members?