• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

coconut palms II resort

holdem

TUG Member
Reaction score
looking at a trade with II. Anyone know what building Interval International has as II. I understand there are bigger and smaller buildings. Some older and newer. Some on the beach and some across the street. Thanks.

borntotravel

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just stopped in there a few weeks ago while on vacation and checked out the rooms as well as the resorts.

Coconut Palms II is the nicer and larger resort. It has two outdoor pools, one of them is heated and is directly on the ocean. There are two buildings, the newest larger one and then there is an older smaller one beside it. I went into the newer building and found the units to be very, very nice! They were very bright and colorful, all had balconies, and were clean and comfortable. I did not go into a model unit either, I just walked in and they to me through a vacant unit. I have placed this on my "definate will stay at list".

Coconut Palms I is smaller and older and is referred to as "fishtail". Not so impressed with the units.

When I find the notes I took, I'll post more. In the meantime, look at my thread last month regarding my takes on the New Smyrna Beach Resorts (I also did one for Daytona Beach).

Hope this helps.

borntotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot, Coconut Palms I (or fishtail) has the two bedrooms across the street from the main building. It's a very small two story houselike building.

holdem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks born to travel. Do you know if the unti size ( 1 bdrm, 2 bdrm, 3 bdrm ) determine which building your in?

borntotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
First of all, they both have different II codes and addresses. Coconut Palms I is CPF and is located at 811 South Atlantic Ave. and Coconut Palms II is CPB and is located a short distance away at 611 South Atlantic Avenue.

I'm not sure of the sizes (I'm really bad with estimating that) and I don't like tripping over people sleeping on pullout couches. That being said, for CP II, a couple would be very comfortable in a 1BR. The 2 BR I viewed was a 1 BR and eff. lockoff. Definately very comfortable for four people. Each unit had a balcony.

As for CP I (fishtail) the units I saw had showers - no tubs. The 2 BR's on the building located beachfront have either King or Queen beds in both bedrooms. The units across the street are only 2 BR's and those beds are either and King or Queen and 2 twins. If you are booking here, and there are twin beds - you are in the smaller building across the street (no pool either - must use one at oceanfront building).

The pictures on the websites are true to what the units I saw looked like in both resorts.

I did not check out the 3 BR units at either resort. Hope this helps.

holdem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again. The available units on the II website show some 2 bdrms. with a partial kitchen and some with a full kitchen? Also looked at some reviews on tripadvisor and they showed some 1 bdrms. that were stand alone units?