• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CMV Villas

summervaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased a three bedroom Week 52 at CMV in the Villas. I love the area and it is so close to home. I am very excited for my kids to snowboard at CMV as we have only been there in the summer in the past.

I am not too picky about the accommodations for this trip because I know the cabins are cozy and there will be enough beds, but I'm wondering what anyone can tell me about the villas. We have stayed in the timbers before in rentals from the last minute board :whoopie: :whoopie: and had a great time except...Lord, those beds were uncomfortable!! Lumpy old things that poked into your back:annoyed: Does anyone know if the furnishings have been updated at all? Also, any breaks on lift tickets etc. for owners?

Thanks for any info. Anything else you'd like to add would be great. We'll be going this year for the first time and I expect that the place will really be hopping that week!

Debbie

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
there are only two three bedroom villas on the property, so I have to say i have never seen one. The two bedroom villas are nice, the setting is nice. Much roomier than a cottage or cabin.
You will not always be able to do snow activities during week 52. they make snow, but if it isn't cold enough, they won't have enough snow to open the runs. You are supposed to get an owner discount ont he tickets.

wauhob3

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a summer two bedroom villa but we stayed there week 52 last year. It was pretty busy similar to a summer week. You can request an egg crate cushion for the mattress but I have long thought the mattresses are the worst thing about CMV. The two bedroom villa has a wood fireplace in both the master bedroom and living room which is nice. I loved being in the jacuzzi in the master bedroom reading with a log burning in the fire place. The villas also have their own washer and dryer. I think its 30% off lift tickets for owners and there was plenty of snow last year. They do fireworks on New Years Eve. Enjoy.

Willowbrook

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Christmas Mountain UDI Timbers
I own Summer weeks in both the 3 br Villa (1 and 13). Each have a slightly different layout. Here's some pictures I took.

http://picasaweb.google.com/iluvcmv

Villa 1, which is right on the golf course, was redone with a new kitchen, new couches, new dinning room furniture, new carpet, new paint (wall paper removed) in the last year. Villa 13 is vintage CMV, but still fine. Both 3 br Villas have 2 parking spaces.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
last year Wisconsin Dells had 115 or more inches of snow. Let's hope that doesn't happen again. The ski hills generally have trouble opening for christmas. The new general manger was ski manager at Massanutten, so should add some expertise.
I am curious if the three bedroom units have two bedrooms up, or two bedrooms down.

Willowbrook

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 3br villas have two bedrooms upstairs and one downstairs. One of the bedrooms upstairs has a queen bed and the other twin beds. Both bedrooms share a long bathroom that spans between them. The downstairs bedroom has a queen bed and is similar to the other villas except it has it's own bathroom. Washer and Dryer are located on the 1st floor next to the kitchen instead of the master bedroom upstairs.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
were you here this summer Willowbrook? My husband does the nature hikes and talks, used to work on the golf course.

Willowbrook

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were there in June and twice in July. My wife did the nature walk on one of our trips this year and really loved it. She learned more in that one walk than in the 10 years we've been going to Christmas Mountain. Your husband did a great job. Not sure where I was. Maybe sleeping in :zzz: