• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cmv udi

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious on these.

This is what I have researched so far:

1. $84 house cleaning fee for each check-in
2. You get 3 deeded weeks
3. You can get more weeks based on availability
4. Timber units are better/bigger than cottage

How much are maintenance fees on these things?? I am getting different results when searching. The most accurate seemed to be $2500 annually but I am unsure. Is it different for cottages vs timber ownership on maintenance fees??

Thanks in advance to all who reply

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
the maintenance fees are about 1100 or 1200, I am not up to date on that. if you own a cottage UDI, you do not have access to the Timbers, only the cottages.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Timbers maintenance fees are just over $1200 per year, and the housekeeping fee is $88 per use. I'm not sure what where the cottage MF are at but I believe they're just a touch lower, and the HK fees are $84.

At any one time you can have four reservations on the books - one red, two white/blue, and one any color inside of 45 days. As soon as your check in day for a reservation arrives you can book a new one.

Timbers are larger, with 2 bathrooms and a screened in porch and electric grill. Timbers ownerships also include greens fees and ski lift tickets. However, they are also considerably rarer since there are so few of them.

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for the clarification

Yeah these things are ultra rare to find for sure. I see they can trade into RCI do they trade in as weeks or points the four weeks you get.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The cottages can be found with some regularity (I know someone that recently sold one, and someone else selling one). They can be deposited into RCI as weeks, and also points if you have a points account (up to four weeks per year on the points side as I understand it - I don't have a points account to say for sure).

Both the Timbers and the Cottages also seem to do very well in II, with good trading power and drawing an AC for pretty much every deposit.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently posted for someone who was selling a UDI cottage membership very reasonably.

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
maybe I am doing something wrong here

When I compare timber deposit to cottage deposits on RCI these are ringing in about the same using the calculator maybe I am doing something wrong.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I compare timber deposit to cottage deposits on RCI these are ringing in about the same using the calculator maybe I am doing something wrong.

They've been running pretty close the last year or so, usually within 1 TPU or so. To me, the difference would be if you want to actually stay in one for personal use. I like the Timbers units, but I couldn't stand the cottages.

If you're only going to deposit them, it wouldn't really matter much at this time

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the four reservations that you have at a time do you have to pay the cleaning fee for each one you have booked up front or is the cleaning fee upon check-in??

What happens if you are a no show to the week you booked??

just curious thanks to you guys for helping me understand this type of unique ownership

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On the four reservations that you have at a time do you have to pay the cleaning fee for each one you have booked up front or is the cleaning fee upon check-in??

What happens if you are a no show to the week you booked??

just curious thanks to you guys for helping me understand this type of unique ownership

If you deposit it you have to pay it right then. If you are using for personal use or renting, it can be paid at check in. If you don't cancel the reservation three days prior to check in, it's a $25 (IIRC) fee.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah these things are ultra rare to find for sure. I see they can trade into RCI do they trade in as weeks or points the four weeks you get.

There are 4 types of CMV UDI;s and we have owned at one time owned all 4 types of them.

They are Pure and Blended CMV UDI Oak Timbers and Pure and Blended CMV UDI Cottages.

The Special assessments were for Pure and Blended UDI Cottages and Pure and Blended Oak Timbers

You can have 4 reservations on one account at all times. Rapmarks can verify that you can get a lot more than 4 reservations per year. from one UDI account

You would spend a little over $2.100.00 for 10 yearly reservations counting the yearly Maintenance fees and ten $88.00 Housekeeping fees. for a average of about $2,10.00 per reservation.

I have found that the UDI Timbers exchanges better than the Cottages did in II. But due to health issues I have only gone on 1 timeshare vacation in the last 3 or so years. and sold off about of our15 ownerships. I have also deposited weeks into our RCI Points account, not the PTU Type of points

The UDI Cottage Maintenance fees were $1,012.70 and the UDI Oak Timbers Maintenance fees were $1,201.29 for the 2015 -2016 year.

The Special assessments were for Pure and Blended UDI Cottages and Pure and Blended Oak Timbers

The Special assessments were for Pure and Blended UDI Oak Timbers $2,485.00

The Special assessments 3 years ago were for Pure and Blended UDI Cottages were a bit over $3,.000.00 for the smaller Cottages. Those UDI Timbers are about 33% larger than the Cottages and have more amenities which makes them easier to rent for a higher price for comparable dates.

So IMHO there should be not be a large special assessments in the near future.

Feel free to call me at our any time between 9 AM to 7 PM CST as it is far easier to explain over the phone than spend hours emailing as I am a very slow typist.

Bruce :D

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score

There are 4 types of CMV UDI;s and we have owned at one time owned all 4 types of them.

They are Pure and Blended CMV UDI Oak Timbers and Pure and Blended CMV UDI Cottages.

You can have 4 reservations on one account at all times. Rapmarks can verify that you can get a lot more than 4 reservations per year. from one UDI account.

You would spend a little over $2.100.00 for 10 yearly reservations counting the yearly Maintenance fees and ten $88.00 Housekeeping fees. for a average of about $2,10.00 per reservation.

I have found that the UDI Timbers exchanges better than the Cottages did in II. But due to health issues I have only gone on 1 timeshare vacation in the last 3 or so years. and sold off about of our15 ownerships

The UDI Cottage Maintenance fees were $1,012.70 and the UDI Oak Timbers Maintenance fees were $1,201.29 for the 2015 -2016 year.

The Special assessments were for Pure and Blended UDI Oak Timbers $2,485.00

The Special assessments 3 years ago were for Pure and Blended UDI Cottages were a bit over $3,.000.00 for the smaller Cottages. Those UDI Timbers are about 33% larger than the Cottages and have more amenities which makes them easier to rent for a higher price for comparable dates.

So IMHO there should be not be a large special assessments in the near future.

Feel free to call me at our any time between 9 AM to 7 PM CST as it is far easier to explain over the phone than spend hours emailing as I am a very slow typist.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
UDI Cottage 2016 Fees

Maintenance Fee 11/19/2015 $931.22 01/01/2016
Real Estate Tax 11/19/2015 $71.73 01/01/2016
Reserves 11/19/2015 $173.39 01/01/2016
Total $1,176.34 due 1/1/2016

Add $84 housekeeping fee per reservation.

Edit
fees for 6/1/2014-5/31/2015
Maintenance Fee $893.20
Real Estate Tax $48.00
Reserves $131.50
Total $1,072.70

In May 2015 we paid a 7 month prorated fee as the resort switched to a calendar year billing cycle.

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maintenance Fee 11/19/2015 $931.22 01/01/2016
Real Estate Tax 11/19/2015 $71.73 01/01/2016
Reserves 11/19/2015 $173.39 01/01/2016
Total $1,176.34 due 1/1/2016

Add $84 housekeeping fee per reservation.

Edit
fees for 6/1/2014-5/31/2015
Maintenance Fee $893.20
Real Estate Tax $48.00
Reserves $131.50
Total $1,072.70

In May 2015 we paid a 7 month prorated fee as the resort switched to a calendar year billing cycle.

Thanks Pat I had received that info from Bluegreen but I misplaced it for the UDI Cottages after I paid .

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, it looks like the bills were issued yesterday. The Timbers for 2016 is $1,278.01:

Maintenance Fee: $991.86
Real Estate Tax: $60.43
Reserves: $225.72

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like the bills were issued yesterday. The Timbers for 2016 is $1,278.01:

Maintenance Fee: $991.86
Real Estate Tax: $60.43
Reserves: $225.72

Scott, thanks for your posting. I always have them deduct $3. from each billing when I pay the Maintenance Fees as I do not pay the $3. volunteer ARDA fees. It appears that those Timbers Maintenance Fees went up less than :clap:6.5% or only $7.81 per reservation based on 10 yearly reservations.

Bruce F. Czajkowski :D

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The "voluntary" ARDA fee that they add in by default is $5 this year, so the bill actually shows $1283.01 due. I did not include it in the above breakdown or total.

brownhaired_girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love my Christmas Mountain udi!!

I have owned my Christmas Mountain udi for just under 2 years and have made 41 reservations. I have gotten 1 week at Branson, 1 week at Las Vegas, 2 weeks at Saratoga Springs, 5 weeks at Bonnet Creek, 3 weeks at Reunion Resort and have used 6 summer weeks myself at Christmas Mountain (I was definitely wishing I had a Timbers unit those weeks.)
I have 1 week at Saratoga Springs, 2 weeks at Bonnet Creek, 1 week at Marriott Lakeshore Reserve ( I have just joined II), and a 2017 week at Costa Rica coming up.
I still have 160 tpu in RCI and am planning to make 2 reservations on 11/28 to deposit into II. I expect to start slowing down soon..

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have owned my Christmas Mountain udi for just under 2 years and have made 41 reservations. I have gotten 1 week at Branson, 1 week at Las Vegas, 2 weeks at Saratoga Springs, 5 weeks at Bonnet Creek, 3 weeks at Reunion Resort and have used 6 summer weeks myself at Christmas Mountain (I was definitely wishing I had a Timbers unit those weeks.)
I have 1 week at Saratoga Springs, 2 weeks at Bonnet Creek, 1 week at Marriott Lakeshore Reserve ( I have just joined II), and a 2017 week at Costa Rica coming up.
I still have 160 tpu in RCI and am planning to make 2 reservations on 11/28 to deposit into II. I expect to start slowing down soon..

wow you been busy!