• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Timeshare

Mjo84

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I went ahead and purchased a time share yesterday and as many before me, have buyers remorse. I did read over my contract and plan to rescind the offer and have the letter mailed certified tomorrow. After doing research on here I see that I can get a much better deal for the 105,000 points that I purchased if I buy via resale. I even did some research and found that 105,000 points won't really get me many days. My question is this... when I signed up they said they gave me RCI VIP, which after Googling it multiple times, I have not found much on. They said it would give me unlimited weeks and that it'll cost me $40 for the week when I book, but again, I haven't seen anything about this. Has anyone heard about this?

Also, after rescinding this offer, I do plan on purchasing via resale. What is the best site to do that in? Also, my understanding is that even if I purchase via resale, I would still have the option to book RCI resorts. How does that work? Would points be converted or is it a set price that one has to pay per night?

Thanks in advance!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hello everyone
I went ahead and purchased a time share yesterday and as many before me, have buyers remorse. I did read over my contract and plan to rescind the offer and have the letter mailed certified tomorrow. After doing research on here I see that I can get a much better deal for the 105,000 points that I purchased if I buy via resale. I even did some research and found that 105,000 points won't really get me many days. My question is this... when I signed up they said they gave me RCI VIP, which after Googling it multiple times, I have not found much on. They said it would give me unlimited weeks and that it'll cost me $40 for the week when I book, but again, I haven't seen anything about this. Has anyone heard about this?

Also, after rescinding this offer, I do plan on purchasing via resale. What is the best site to do that in? Also, my understanding is that even if I purchase via resale, I would still have the option to book RCI resorts. How does that work? Would points be converted or is it a set price that one has to pay per night?

Thanks in advance!
I bought four Wyndham TS for $4. You can still book at RCI resorts but not really worth it. Book a RCi week is usually $240 on top of your MF. They lied to you.
We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

Mjo84

Reaction score
I paid $17000 for 105000 points, plus 145k bonus points yesterday.
I haven't mailed the letter yet but will do it tomorrow at the post office.

Where did you buy your TS at? I saw Ebay mentioned a few times; however, is that really a reputable source? How can I verify they are legit?

Thanks for the response.

mkimber

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lake Chelan, WA

Where did you buy your TS at? I saw Ebay mentioned a few times; however, is that really a reputable source? How can I verify they are legit?

Thanks for the response.
wow just saw an ebay ad for "WYNDHAM CLUB ACCESS TIMESHARE 154,000 POINTS ANNUAL MULTI DESTINATION" starting bid was 0.99 cents, closing paid by seller, with no one bidding yet. You paid $17k for 105k+145k points? Yikes. I hope you will successfully get out of it on time.

Wainwright

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Sea Cliff

Thanks for the response.
Wow...I was offered, on 7/17/2023, 154,000 club Wyndham access points for $33,000. Those lying crooks were really trying to pull a fast one on me. I recind the contract on 7/18/2023 after reading that the going rate for 300,000 points was $23,000.

I love this tugbbs.com

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Wow...I was offered, on 7/17/2023, 154,000 club Wyndham access points for $33,000. Those lying crooks were really trying to pull a fast one on me. I recind the contract on 7/18/2023 after reading that the going rate for 300,000 points was $23,000.

I love this tugbbs.com
The going rate for 300,000 CWA points isn’t $23,000, it’s about $230. Check out www.ebay.com and purchase it resale.

curitiba_tapley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club
Marriott's Harbor Lake
Club Wyndham Access
Many people will find contracts on eBay, RedWeek.com, and right here at TUG. You’ll hear everyone here say “do your research”. Good luck and happy timesharing.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
One thing I've noticed is that most of the Wyndham contracts on eBay are very small -- mostly 105,000 points or less and as small as 28,000. (I'd loved to hear how the sales person sold 28,000 points.)

There are a few nice ones, however:

1. National Harbor, 815,000 points, starting price is $1.00. No bids yet but 27 days left on the auction.
2. Panama City Beach, 300,000 points, currently at $1,725 with a day and five hours left.
3. Bali Hai Villas, 1,038,000 points with a Buy It Now price of $13,000. Bali Hai is a very low maintenance fee resort but it will take a while to make up for the selling price.

If you need to be able to ARP into Bonnet Creek, there's a contract for 433,000 points. Only bid so far is $399. A week left on the auction.

There are a two large points contracts at Glacier Canyon, a very high maintenance fee resort.

Then, there's the totally outrageous listing that was the subject of a thread of its own! 1,303,000 at Grand Desert in Las Vegas. Auction ends tomorrow. A lot of us are wondering how eBay let this listing stay up. Asleep at the wheel?

Several larger Access contracts if you're into Access.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I took a package of points contracts about 16 years ago on ebay, one of which was a 28,000 Branson Meadows. I assumed someone bought a small number to bring their other contracts into developer points, or maybe upped into a better discount VIP.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Did you find that on e-bay? That sounds like a great deal...
There were a bunch of contracts going for similar prices from late fall to early winter. November-February is the best time to buy resale.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you find that on e-bay? That sounds like a great deal...
Yup. Took forever for Wyndham to transfer it, but it did happen. Also, seller must have paid the MFs for the year, since I have yet to see any bills for that.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
active wyndham listings on TUG:

asking prices sure have gone up, not so sure if folks are buying at those prices currently though especially with the recent problems/delays with ownership transfers!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
either way, congrats to both of you who were able to rescind in time! you can buy so many more points for so much less from an existing owner!

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
asking prices sure have gone up, not so sure if folks are buying at those prices currently though especially with the recent problems/delays with ownership transfers!
"asking prices" is the operative term. Anyone can ask any price in the Marketplace. I see a lot of $1 Club Wyndhams offered for prices ranging from $1 to $5000. These were $1 timeshares five years ago, too, before all the changes in Club Wyndham.

As with home ownership, "selling prices" is the measure of the market.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think Ebay is the true measure of the market because it’s more efficient and has a higher volume than the TUG marketplace. Right now it is not hard to get CWA contracts for closing costs plus maybe a couple hundred dollars, regardless of size.