• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Resale Points

cwtravis79

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
308,000 Desert Grand Las Vegas
I am new to owning timeshares but I have purchased 308k deeded points on the resale market. I knew the resale wouldn't qualify for VIP but wasn't aware it wouldn't qualify for Club Pass, so we can't book Worldmark. I have seen other post about points that are acquired from "immediate/direct family" would qualify for VIP. Can someone please explain? Or what is the best way to bridge the gap between resale points and VIP without paying developer prices. Thanks in advance.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you want to book Worldmark with resale prices, buy worldmark points.

In terms of the immediate/direct family, it means if your mother bought retail and wants to leave you her Wyndham points, you would get all the benefits as if you bought retail. The resale penalty won't apply if one buys retail and then wants to give it to an immediate family member. You can't claim long lost cousin, it really does have to be an immediate family member and they can make you prove the relationship. In law and step children do qualify.

cwtravis79

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for the information. So if a family member had resale points and left them in a will or gifted them to me would they count towards vip status for me?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Thank you for the information. So if a family member had resale points and left them in a will or gifted them to me would they count towards vip status for me?
No. They would transfer what they have without losing anything but since they bought resale, you would have resale. The family member thing only preserves the retail benefits if you had them in the first place, it doesn't magically turn resale points to retail.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I would second what @tschaw2 suggested about buying resale WorldMark if you want to book WorldMark. That would cost way less than buying retail Wyndham and get you earlier access to the more desirable weeks/resorts. It really depends on where you want to travel/stay, of course.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be leery about buying into a points system now.

Many members haven't used all or any of their points this year and have moved them into 2021 and 2022.
These points plus the points awarded each year creates a huge surplus with far more points than possible reservations.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
If I remember correctly someone said that you can pay a one time fee of $800 to have Plus Partners which I think lets you book the Worldmark resorts. If you do that your program fees billed along with your maintenance fees in your annual assessment will be $0.66 per thousand points or a minimum of $185 instead of $0.64 per thousand or a minimum of $165 that owners without Plus Partners pay.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly someone said that you can pay a one time fee of $800 to have Plus Partners which I think lets you book the Worldmark resorts.
It used to be $2400. I doubt it is now less. (I considered it back in the old RCI Generics days to get access to RCI Points inventory). I also am pretty sure that PlusPartners has no relationship to Club Pass. From the Owner Information page:

Eligibility: Exchanges through Wyndham Club Pass must be made with points purchased directly from Wyndham Vacation Resorts or acquired from an immediate relative who purchased the points directly from Wyndham Vacation Resorts. Points purchased from a third party may not be used and Discovery members are not eligible to participate in Wyndham Club Pass.

OP: Club Pass is a nice perk, but not particularly important assuming the Club Wyndham set of resorts is attractive. In particular, it is not helpful for the most in-demand WorldMark inventory, because owners have a head start in booking before the Club Pass window opens---that head start is at least a month, IIRC. If you bought Wyndham primarily for access to WorldMark, it would be worth disposing of it and buying WM credits on the resale market. (It would not be hard to give away a CWA ownership, and you might even get a few pennies for it). But we've been Wyndham resale owners for a while now, and we really like the system and resorts.

cwtravis79

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for all the helpful information. I think I’ll consider buying the WM points resale if I can find a good deal. Thanks again

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I am new to owning timeshares but I have purchased 308k deeded points on the resale market. I knew the resale wouldn't qualify for VIP but wasn't aware it wouldn't qualify for Club Pass, so we can't book Worldmark. I have seen other post about points that are acquired from "immediate/direct family" would qualify for VIP. Can someone please explain? Or what is the best way to bridge the gap between resale points and VIP without paying developer prices. Thanks in advance.

Just get WM points off Ebay, WMowners or TUG. Club Pass sucks anyways. You only are given access to their remaining inventory if you pay a $99 booking fee because all the good stuff books up at 13 months before Club Wyndham owners are even given access. I personally wouldn't ever even want Club Pass anyways. Also, no matter what VIP level you have, you still will never be able to book Fiji, Maui or Yellowstone without an actual WM account because it's already booked. You're not missing out on anything being resale other than discounts/upgrades.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you know that most worldmark locations are in the west so the advice regularly given is to buy wyndham if you live in the east and worldmark if you live in the west. The advice that says you need to own worldmark to have any chance of the most popular resorts at prime times is completely true. There are lots of good deals on worldmark accounts these days I suggest starting with a 10000 point account as that gives you one week of red season in a 2 bedroom unit. You are also allowed to rent in one time use credits up to two times your account every year and there are lots of ways to get vacations with cash. Many people will recommend buying the smallest account possible and just renting in points but I find I am always out of worldmark points (except this year).

cwtravis79

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I want to make sure I understand you correctly:
So if I owned 10k point of worldmark, I could rent up to an additional 20k each year...is that correct?
How much does renting points cost on average?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I want to make sure I understand you correctly:
So if I owned 10k point of worldmark, I could rent up to an additional 20k each year...is that correct?
How much does renting points cost on average?

Yes.

To rent one time use Worldmark Points it is 5 to 7 cents per Point. There is an active market on www.wmowners.com/forum both for Buying Accounts and Renting one time use Points. There is a current discussion of the cost of buying Worldmark Accounts. Most people agree it is currently between 10 cents and 20 cents per Point. 18 months ago it was 25 to 35 cents per Point.

Also if you had a Worldmark Account you would have access to Fiji and the 3 cash options - Monday Madness, Bonus Time, and Inventory Specials. And also the Wait List - up to 4 at one time.

Worldmark resell Points can not be used Club Pass or Wyndham South Pacific (formerly Worldmark SouthPacific).