• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Elysian Beach Resort Reopening December 12, 2020

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
RESORT NEWS | DECEMBER 4, 2020
Find Your Way Back To Paradise
Club Wyndham Elysian Beach Resort will officially welcome back owners for bucket listing this year, beginning as early as Dec. 12, 2020. The resort closed in 2017 following catastrophic damage by Hurricanes Irma and Maria. Club Wyndham Elysian Beach Resort underwent state-of-the-art renovations to create the perfect beach oasis upon reopening.
Located on St. Thomas in the gorgeous U.S. Virgin Islands, Club Wyndham Elysian Beach Resort is a dream bucket list destination if you’re chasing sun, sand, surf, and sunsets. The resort is its own slice of paradise — complete with its very own private beach on the eastern end of St. Thomas. Plus, there’s a full array of amenities and area activities for the entire family to enjoy while on the island, including tennis courts, a hot tub, a swimming pool, fishing, jet skiing, and parasailing.*
So get going and get on island time. Book it to paradise today.

Source:

Availability calendar still shows no bookable dates.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought Wyndham announced that the new name for Elysian Beach Resort is the Limetree Beach Resort
Is there 2 resorts on the property?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Limetree used to be Bluebeard’s Beach Resort. It’s near the Marriott Frenchman’s Cove. Elysian Beach is on the East side of the island near the Ritz Carlton according to the maps.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks like it's bookable now for those that are interested. We're still waiting for a vaccine....

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just out of curiosity, mostly to support booking in 2022 and beyond, I was poking around the availability at this resort. Based on what comes up, it appears that the rooms are in the system as discrete week-long chunks with Saturday check ins - that is, you can generally book a week or less as a single reservation without an issue, but for many of the months you can't cross a Saturday with a single room type. That kind of matches the availability calendar display on WorldMark, where it shows up with different quantities changing on the Saturdays only.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Just out of curiosity, mostly to support booking in 2022 and beyond, I was poking around the availability at this resort. Based on what comes up, it appears that the rooms are in the system as discrete week-long chunks with Saturday check ins - that is, you can generally book a week or less as a single reservation without an issue, but for many of the months you can't cross a Saturday with a single room type. That kind of matches the availability calendar display on WorldMark, where it shows up with different quantities changing on the Saturdays only.
I used to own at Wyn Bluebeard’s Beach Club now Limetree. They had restrictions in place that all reservations had to begin and end on a Saturday with either a 3, 4 or 7 day resie. I am assuming because this resort as well as Elysian was originally sold as fixed Week, fixed unit. At Limetree there are fixed week/ fixed unit owners, Float owners in two seasons and Wyndham point owners who converted their ownership fixed/float weeks to points but still have the ability to reserve their underlying deeded unit at 13 months.
So yup, everything revolves around that Saturday check in.
Our management went from Spinnaker to Fairfield to Wyndham.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks; I figured that was what was going on at those. Looks like Wyndham split up the weeks they got at those between WorldMark and Club Wyndham somewhat randomly. I kind of like the WorldMark availability display because it gives a bit more information about what room types are available in what quantity on the calendar rather than having to experiment as you do with Wyndham.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Is the only advantage the other St. Thomas resorts have over Margaritaville is that they are cheaper if you plan on staying a long time? I feel like if I'm going to spend the money on plane tickets, then I'd splurge on the better resort too. The pictures/videos that I was able to find of all the St Thomas properties makes the Margaritaville resort seem vastly superior to the other 2. Maybe I might book Elysian if I wanted to use Worldmark instead, but the Margaritaville is a 4 star resort vs the other two being 3 star.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The other difference is that they can be booked earlier by non-VIPs. Access to booking Margaritaville is opened up to VIPs based on the level they are, otherwise it's limited to owners there until the 5-month point IIRC.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks; I figured that was what was going on at those. Looks like Wyndham split up the weeks they got at those between WorldMark and Club Wyndham somewhat randomly. I kind of like the WorldMark availability display because it gives a bit more information about what room types are available in what quantity on the calendar rather than having to experiment as you do with Wyndham.
It is amazing to see both views Wyndham and Worldmark. I still think Worldmark is a better deal especially if booking bonus time with cash. Paying cash is less then paying maintenance fees on the reservation.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is the only advantage the other St. Thomas resorts have over Margaritaville is that they are cheaper if you plan on staying a long time? I feel like if I'm going to spend the money on plane tickets, then I'd splurge on the better resort too. The pictures/videos that I was able to find of all the St Thomas properties makes the Margaritaville resort seem vastly superior to the other 2. Maybe I might book Elysian if I wanted to use Worldmark instead, but the Margaritaville is a 4 star resort vs the other two being 3 star.

Location of Limetree is the best. Closest to town. Close to the Marriott Hotel for Happy Hour at the infinity pool ( currently closed, reopen 2022) It has very beautiful, open to the ocean beach and spacious grounds. A truly gorgeous setting. Gut renovation done post hurricane. Two new restaurants that have been getting great reviews. A steak house and a Caribbean themed one. Not crowded. 74 sleep 4 units plus the new presidential units on the hill. Maybe 6-8 more units? All 74 original units have full kitchens minus oven. Studios are 500+ sq feet.
Elysian at the other end of the island. Situated on a hill so lots of up and down walking. But great views because of this. Located in a natural bay/ harbor right next to St Thomas yacht club so your view is of boats in a harbor not open ocean like Limetree. 2/3 of the units are privately owned condos. Very nice pool area and restaurant area. Don’t know anything about the restaurant. My recollection is the units are mostly studios with partial kitchens but could be different since hurricane. Very close to Redhook Ferry to St John and lots of restaurant choices in area.
Margaritaville, I have never visited but know the area from its proximity to Coki Beach ( fabulous snorkeling) Area is not particularly nice, barb wire fencing. Many complaints about the beach which apparently has stagnant water, seaweed issues and an odor. Understand the rooms and other facilities are top notch. No great views to speak of.

It would be interesting to compare the three properties/rooms now that the two older resorts have been renovated thanks to Mother Nature. Limetree has a Facebook page with updated pictures” Limetree Beach Resort (formerly Bluebeards Beach Club) “ and “Lanai at Limetree Beach”

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Here's a recent video showing the updated amenities at Limetree:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Nice find. Thanks for sharing, I somehow missed this update on Elysian. I just made reservations for next September for a trip - hopefully by then we are past most of the pandemic related travel restrictions.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Thanks for the heads up. Just booked for 1/23. Doing 3 weeks in St Thomas, 1 week in each Wyndham resort.

Let us know which one is currently the best deal please <3

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the heads up. Just booked for 1/23. Doing 3 weeks in St Thomas, 1 week in each Wyndham resort.
Hoping you will report back. Pros and cons.

slabeaume

Reaction score
another difference---at least pre-hurricane is that the Elysian and Limetree charged a $22/night utility (?) fee. The Margaritaville didn't. Can't wait to check them all out again!