• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Regina RCI exchange issue

atn216

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could not exchange my Club Regina week through RCI even after I deposited my week with RCI. It has to be done by a Club Regina vacation councilor. I would like to hear from other Club Regina week owners if they also have the same problem ?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I could not exchange my Club Regina week through RCI even after I deposited my week with RCI. It has to be done by a Club Regina vacation councilor. I would like to hear from other Club Regina week owners if they also have the same problem ?

Yes - that is SOP with Club Regina. Club Regina's affiliation agreement with RCI provides that RCI will only accept Club Regina deposits from Club Regina itself. Club Regina then periodically deposits weeks with RCI in bulk transactions.

When a Club Regina owner wants to deposit with RCI they do so through Club Regina. Club Regina then transfers one of their bulk deposited weeks into the owners account.

Historically, Club Regina has given RCI crap weeks, reserving the best weeks for owners and for direct rentals. Consequently, Club Regina is notorious for not being a strong trader within the RCI system.

You are much better off depositing that Club Regina week you have reserved with an independent exchange company, such as San Francisco Exchange (if it's a prime season week) or Trading Places. If SFX will accept it you might be able to qualify for a bonus week as well.

bmccuske

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are much better off depositing that Club Regina week you have reserved with an independent exchange company, such as San Francisco Exchange (if it's a prime season week) or Trading Places. If SFX will accept it you might be able to qualify for a bonus week as well.

Hi--I'm also trying to navigate Club Regina. Does anyone know how you use SFX? I used our Club Regina points to do an internal exchange to Park Plaza in March. Can I just deposit this week with SFX? Doesn't Club Regina and Raintree require the owner to check in? Is this something that can be acommodated with a guest certificate? Appreciate any help with the logistics. We'll probably just ski this year, but curious for the future. Thanks!!

Reaction score
I got great exchanges with Club Regina

Just wanted to let everyone know I have gotten great exchanges through RCI using my Club REgina gold and silver week. I have gotten Royal Mayan, Grand Mayan and Hilton on I-drive in Orlando. 2 out of the 3 have been peak holiday weeks. I always deposit my weeks atleast a year in advance. Iwill continue to give RCI my weeks.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know I have gotten great exchanges through RCI using my Club REgina gold and silver week. I have gotten Royal Mayan, Grand Mayan and Hilton on I-drive in Orlando. 2 out of the 3 have been peak holiday weeks. I always deposit my weeks atleast a year in advance. Iwill continue to give RCI my weeks.

That post doesn't make sense. With Club Regina you can't pick the week to deposit, so there's no way to deposit a week a year in advance. You have to take whatever week Club Regina assigns to your account; you have no control over how far in advance of checkin your deposited week will be. And Club Regina is notorious for giving members slop weeks for trading in RCI.

In addition - there is no such thing as "gold" and "silver" in Club Regina. "Gold" and "silver" only applies to Raintree Vacation Club. If the poster is using "gold" and "silver" weeks then the poster has a Raintree Vacation Club membership, not a Club Regina membership. Raintree memberships use RCI points, so they have all of the trade power (in both points and weeks) of an RCI points account.

Last edited:

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I did not know that about Club Regina and RCI. Good to know.

I have had a couple of communication from SFX, asking me to deposit a CR week so they must like them or know how to handle the deposit.

OTOH, I always use the week I own at one of the Club Resorts so it does not really matter.:D

Cheers

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Further - there is no such thing as "gold" and "silver" in Club Regina. "Gold" and "silver" only applies to Raintree Vacation Club.

Agree but Club Regina does have different types of Memberships that very roughly correspond to similar types in Raintree.

Cheers

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
I definitely agree with Steve that RCI's bulk banking of Club Regina weeks don't have much exchange power. Years ago, it used to be better, but for the last few years I've always booked a February week with Club Regina one year in advance (only allowed to book 1 year in advance), then banked that week with SFX, and always got 1 or 2 bonus weeks, depends on what kind of deal SFX has going. I've been very happy with the exchanges we received through SFX.

Elli

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Agree but Club Regina does have different types of Memberships that very roughly correspond to similar types in Raintree.

Cheers
Raintree/Club Regina is one of the most confusing mini-systems around, and one of the big areas of confusion is the difference between Club Regina and Raintree. There are lots of people who own Club Regina that think they have Raintree because all of the correspondence comes from Raintree. Similarly, there are many Raintree owners who use "Raintree" and "Club Regina" similarly.

In the post I was referring to, the poster mentions using "gold" and "silver" weeks and depositing weeks one year in advance. Both of those elements suggest to me that the poster actually is a Raintree member.

For trading in RCI there's a huge difference between Club Regina and Raintree.

Reaction score
oops

My bad!
I do own with Raintree. We own a silver EOY and a Gold every year. We get great exchanges by depositing 12-18 months in advance. From what I am reading Raintree owners get betters exchanges with RCI than Club Regina.

Has anyone been to Villa Vera in Zijuantenajo? Anyone been to any of the resorts that have been "updated/renovated" I believe Cancun and Cabo are being serviced. Too bad b/c I think PV's rooms are showing their age. However, that is my favorite resort b/c of the location and pools!

Last edited:

nyparadigm

TUG Member
Reaction score
My bad!
Anyone been to any of the resorts that have been "updated/renovated" I believe Cancun and Cabo are being serviced. Too bad b/c I think PV's rooms are showing their age. However, that is my favorite resort b/c of the location and pools!

I think that Cancun, PV & Cabo are all supposed to be updated. We were in Cancun in April and were told that the renovation there was going to start the following week.

I have posted asking if anybody has seen evidence of renovation work being performd, but have only received ominous silence in return!

Still want to know...but remain skeptical.

Chris

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think that Cancun, PV & Cabo are all supposed to be updated. We were in Cancun in April and were told that the renovation there was going to start the following week.

I have posted asking if anybody has seen evidence of renovation work being performd, but have only received ominous silence in return!

Still want to know...but remain skeptical.

Chris

We were in the Club Regina in Cancun in May and stayed in two different units. The first was what I would call refurbished, not updated and the second looked a little more worn. They were working room to room and floor to floor. They had put us in a first floor room that had newer furnishings and the Kitchen had what looked like new countertops. We wanted to be on a higher floor so they moved us at our request to one that had not had the treatment . That higher floor unit definitely needed some work, especially in the kitchen where the dishwasher was loose from its mounting.

It looks like more of a face lift than a major change. At least some work is going on.

Cheers

atn216

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Regina to Raintree

Did anyone have experience converting old Club Regina week to Raintree Vacation Club ? How much is the conversion price ?

Thanks