• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Intrawest for ALL HGVC members

floyddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seth, it read to me like the new resort locations would be part of the new point system associated with higher end or at least higher point value resorts. Is that your understanding or will there be new resorts in the current point value range?

Also, It sounded as though these resorts would be online next summer so I am a bit surprised that news of these locations is not already out as development would need to be underway. Or am I misreading that and the sales will begin next summer?

Bxian

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
With the announcement of the new sites, will there by any exclusion of people who buy resale?

Sooby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are all of these new places going to use more points? If that's the case what is the advantage of having HGVC property over others for trading?
Sooby

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
i want to be able to book everything online. we cant even book affiliate resorts online how are we going to get club interwest online

Seth Nock

Reaction score
jjking42 said:
i want to be able to book everything online. we cant even book affiliate resorts online how are we going to get club interwest online

Jim,
There are nice people at club, they won't bite (usually).:D :D :D :D :D

I will release information about the new resorts once I am able to.

bentlew

TUG Member
Reaction score
Impact of New Resorts/Point structure to resale owners

Seth,

Any thoughts on potential impacts to resale HGVC owners based upon the new resorts and point structures?

Thanks,

Bill4728

Reaction score
To answer your questions " When can CI members book their resort"

CI members can book 11 months before checkin for all vacations lasting 6 days or more. At 4 months, they can book shorter stays.

If the info on another thread is correct and Elite will be able to book CI at 12 months that is very bad news for CI members.

Bill4728

Reaction score
One thing to remember, CI and HGVC aggrement is to share the resort in an equal way. So for 50 HGVC members to book at a CI resort about 50 CI members will have to book at a HGVC resort. (they will not have to be the exact dates but approx equal number of bookings) This is why there is little internal exchanging between Disney and CI. Since more CI owners want to stay at Disney then Disney owners want to stay at CI.

Funfamily

Reaction score
[Message deleted. Duplicate posts on these forums are not permitted. Please select an appropriate place to post a message and then post it once and only once. Dave M, BBS Administrator]

Last edited by a moderator:

biswassb

TUG Member
Reaction score
myip said:
Great news. Is it all Club Intrawest resorts or only selective one.

Out of nine Intrawest resorts, only four will be available to HGVC members. Among these four are Whistler, BC, and Sandestin, FL. I dont know the other two. Palm desert,CA could be one of them. Hopefully, exchange will be easy.

P.S. i doubt that. It probably will be another HGVC standard answer: "Nothing Available"!!

Last edited:

Seth Nock

Reaction score
bentlew said:
Seth,

Any thoughts on potential impacts to resale HGVC owners based upon the new resorts and point structures?

Thanks,

Sorry for not responding earlier, I just noticed your question. The new point structure is only for a few select new resorts. Those will be VERY heavily demanded resorts in VERY hard to get locations. These are properties people would be very happy using extra points to get and offer additional amenities. There will be other new properties at the normal point values. I think it will be a benefit, but only time will tell.