• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Closing time & using this years points

boleggs9007

Reaction score
Im thinking about purchasing a TS which has a Jan anniversity date for points & the seller wants a refund for this years unused points. My question is if I purchase this now & closing (from previous posts taking anywhere from 90 days on) how can I avoid losing the points for this year since I have to reinburse the seller in the final price?

ajdon

TUG Member
Reaction score

You only have a few choices on the 2008 points.

1. Ask the seller if they have already been deposited into FSP. If they have, you're good to go..

2. Have the seller make a reservation NOW (for you) and go on vacation.

3. Have the seller deposit the points to RCI. Others' on this board have better strageties than I.

4. Tell the seller...NO. As there isn't enough time to use the points...

If there are any other options, I'd like to know them...

-AJ

PS: Keep in mind that on Ebay FSP points have been selling for <$0.01 each, so be selective.

Good luck!

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Add 2 more

If you already has account, ask them to transfer the point as soon as you reimburse them.

You can also try to do a fire sale and rent the point out, than have the seller transfer the points to the renter.

Jya-Ning