• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cliff Club at Snowbird Utah

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was checking out places for vacations and on SFX-Sell off list there is the a 2 bedroom unit available the last week of January for the Cliff Club up at Snowbird.

Dont see that resort come up very often in the winter. Thought maybe a fellow tugger would be interested. Best snow, 2 wonderful ski resorts (Snowbird and Alta) and the Cliff Club is a wonderful timeshare. Stayed there many times as its only 13 minutes from my home.

This resort is located in Salt Lake, Utah in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Less than an hour from the airport (if weather conditions arent bad).

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
This is a great sighting.

Alta and Snowbird are the two best powder hills in the U.S.

And this place is a 40 minute shuttle ride from the Salt Lake City airport and a two minute walk to the base of the mountain.

Flake

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely the best ski hills in the country and I will miss them. Just listed my timeshare for sale at the Cliff Club, a yearly Platinum Crest unit (1,464 sq ft) three room lock off. Work has taken me overseas and the new baby is keeping us planted in Texas when I am home. Please pass on if there are interested parties that can use this place, I have owned it since 96'.
Thanks,
Scott "Flake" Snow

ontilt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Valdoro x2
Worldmark
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had additional info on Cliff Club... my sense is that it is very much a quiet place, but happens to be on a great mountain. I was wondering if anyone had other information on the actual resort, units, and ease of booking. Other details on ownership and experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Harold

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Snowbird (as well as Alta) exist primarily for skiing. The area is very quiet and there is no town and no real nightlife beyond the base lodges which have restaurants and bars and the usual apres ski amenities. That said, I love it and so does my family and friends who all ski. We visit for a week every year.

The east half of the Cliff Lodge are hotel rooms. The Cliff Lodge was built about 30 years ago so some aspects of the building design are a bit dated - namely the avalanche-proof concrete architecture of the building. However, Snowbird has been completely renovating the entire building over the last three years and it is an attractive and modern resort again. The Cliff Lodge has multiple upscale amenities - valet parking, a well regarded spa, multiple swimming pools and hot tubs, fitness center, business center, multiple restaurants, etc. The Cliff Lodge has the best designed ski lockers I've ever used and the building is true ski-in/out. The location is excellent for those that like skiing at Snowbird and the Cliff Lodge is the only real upscale resort in the Little Cottonwoods Canyons area (Snowbird and Alta).

The Cliff Club is the western portion of the Cliff Lodge at Snowbird - 54 two bedroom timeshare lockoff units which sleeps 10. There are two different configurations - the Crest unit and the Pinnacle unit. The Pinnacle units are bigger than the Crest unit and thus have a higher maintenance fee - approx $2000 vs $1500. The Pinnacle units have in-room washer/dryers and 4 person hot tubs on the outdoor balcony whereas the Crest units have 2 person hot tubs and no in-room washer/dryer. The Pinnacle are about 1682 sq ft vs the Crest which are 1452 sq ft.

The timeshare section is getting renovated this year and next. Really, the only dated aspect which may remain and I'm uncertain as to when it will get upgraded are the original bathrooms in each timeshare room. The bathrooms are literally 30 years old although they are functional. The staff at the Cliff Lodge are professional, laid back, and responsive. The Cliff Club has an independent, well run HOA. The relationship between the Cliff Club and Snowbird has always been good and friendly which makes things pretty easy and convenient. Similar to many ski timeshares, the main issue (in my mind) are the rising MFs which are largely driven by the silver shoulder week owners who go into default.

Weeks 51 and 52 are fixed week ownership. All the other ski season (platinum) weeks are permanently assigned a letter A-D. You list 5 weeks that you would like to reserve each year. Each year, they rotate through the letter weeks - A, B, C, D - so that every four years, your letter week you own will get highest priority for booking. There is no multi-week ownership advantage when booking your week. There is value to ski season weeks and you can sell for several thousand dollars. You can privately rent out your unit or you can have the hotel rent it out for you. If you have the Cliff Lodge rent your unit, I would guess that you would get more than half your MF as rental income after Snowbird has taken their cut.

Bottom line is that the Snowbird skiing is amongst the best in the country and I continue to receive a large amount of value from my Cliff Club ownership. I recommend it for serious skiers who know what they are looking for.

Last edited:

ontilt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Valdoro x2
Worldmark
Thank you! Incredibly helpful. I'm looking to get out there more regularly and have been looking at some timeshares on the market. Great to know that they are continuing to invest in updating the units. Everyone seems to comment on ski lockers :) Have a great season and thanks again for the info.

dundey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
Recently bought a resale at the Cliff Club Lodge. Let me know if you have any questions.

lisaye98

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently bought a resale at the Cliff Club Lodge. Let me know if you have any questions.
I am about to purchase a resale unit. Curious how is your experience so far. Is it hard to get get your desired week in prime season (late Jan - March)?

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Long time owner at the Iron Blosam and recently just sold one of my units there. However, in all the years I have been there I wished I had purchased at the Cliff. The Cliff has seemed like a much better run operation while the Blosam has consistently gone down hill. The only restaurant in the Blosam which used to be open breakfast, lunch, and dinner is now basically only open apre ski to 9'ish and the food is now, well horrible. The bar serves water downed over price drinks. Alternatively the Cliff offers several on and nearby off site dining options. The pool and spa areasat the Blosam are nice and generally kept clean but nothing like those at the Cliff. I pretty much stay there my home weeks so can't comment on availability at the Cliff. However, in general there is always availability at the Blosam. I think you'll be happy with you Cliff resale purchase.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Great convo. We love Alta and Snowbird.

Where is the best place to find Cliff resale listings? If you were to buy again what unit type would you buy for best MF value and experience for two skiing adults? We prefer a one bedroom vs. a studio.

Are the two bedrooms lockoffs? If so, does it trade in II or RCI? What is the trading power

What are reasonable resale prices? Are there any restrictions on resale buyers?

We work remotely. (ski in am/work in pm) How strong is the wifi?

Last edited: