• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Christmas Forum Upgrade/complaint/compliments/whatever thread!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like we upgraded successfully, and alot more stayed the same than I anticipated so hopeflly that means less work! (fingers crossed). please post any comments/issues/errors or whatever here so I can address them in due time!

1. Tapatalk should be upgraded and functioning now.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The following loaded with no problems Resort Reviews, Forum Help, Support TUG, MarketPlace on my IPAD.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok, the gigantor annoying ad seems to have gone away...thankfully.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
ADS are being displayed under post reply.
They are Four Seasons Hotel Montreal, Wyndham Privileges: new Wyndham VIP...The BestSenior Cruises, Couples Who Waneed Out of Timeshares Never..
and four more ADS

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
The following loaded with no problems Resort Reviews, Forum Help, Support TUG, MarketPlace on my IPAD.
this is much easier to add to, so ill build out this upper navigation bar later on down the line...its getting early and the kids are waking up =)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
good! how it should be for members!

(but even i admit that was super obnoxious even for guests...whew)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
have to try to remember what the background colors were on the old forum...both the main forum background and the post reply/thread background.

i accidentally closed my window of the original forum page loaded for reference....think thats time to officially take a break for a bit and start rolling again this afternoon. forum appears to be stable enough for everyone to still use it without issue for awahile!

(or maybe doug will hop on later and make a few changes if some important issues get found and posted here)

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Brian, just logged on and it looks great...I will let you know as I surf the different sections today if I have any issues

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Thanks for all you do and keeping tapatalk going.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
Looks good Brian. Will need to play with settings now to see if I can adjust the colours :)

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Ok, first request. On the old site, there was an Unread Posts button at the top of the page. I used it a lot and it isn’t there now. Can it be added back?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pleased with the new look. A couple things have disappeared (Alerts, Unread Posts, etc.) but I can easily live with that. All in all, I like it...

George

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I'm pleased with the new look. A couple things have disappeared (Alerts, Unread Posts, etc.) but I can easily live with that. All in all, I like it...

George
Hi George ,
I am responding this way in part to try out how quote / reply works .

To answer one of your your questions - unread posts seem to be under “what’s new” .

added- there also seems to be some filters that were not previously available ;
AND if you accidentally engage them you cannot find “everything”
MULTIZ321 / Richard had started a thread about Boxing Day & I read it ; then could not find it in
new posts . I then I disabled a filter that hid threads that I had already read - and I could see it again.

Merry Boxing Day from Canada - as we all try out Brian’s new toy.

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Nice surprise this morning! Yesterday was a computer free day. :)

It looks nice. All my info is correct. The only thing that I can't figure out is how to edit the forums list to not see the ones that I never look at. I had several set to not show before.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Looks like we upgraded successfully, and alot more stayed the same than I anticipated .....whatever.... so I can address them in due time!

Hi Brian,
Very successful upgrade .

my only - “whatever “ (so far) is the background colour of the stickies . The old colour was. (as best I remember) very close to the colour of the “view ad “ box in Marketplace listings . The new colour is “muddier” and (so far) I find it a bit jarring .

In general the forum colours transferred well - everyone’s avatar is cleanly replicated and thread colours are clean and crisp for easy reading . Marketplace seems to have transferred 100% intact .

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't like that under the new posts, it shows me random people's profile posts and what look like messages left for them by other members and it leaves a space for me to reply to their conversation.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see it is user error. It only happens if I click on what's new instead of specifying new posts.

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
After using the new forum for a bit, one of the features I used a lot was marking forums as read after I browsed through the topics. This was helpful as I could easily see which forums had new posts from the main menu. Now when I tried to mark a single forum as read, it changed the “entire” forum as read and I lost the highlights of which sections I had not yet browsed through. Am I missing how to do this or has the function gone away with this upgrade?
Thanks

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The update looks good. I noticed that there are a number of options besides "likes" to react to a posting. Are you planning on keeping the others? It's probably worth making a conscious decision on that rather than just accepting the software's default; the options include faces with some fairly negative looking reactions.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It looks like the ability to ignore select forums is gone. I had a few forums ignored so their posts wouldn't show up in New Posts and I also wouldn't see them in the list of forums. You could actually define in the previous version where you didn't want ignored forums to show up. It looks like that was lost with the new update as I now see those ignored forums in the list of forums. I Lso see no method to ignore forums, just the ability to ignore users.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It also looks like there may be some moderation setting issue with the SIghtings/Distressed forum. WHen viewing the list of posts in the forum and also for posts to this forum in my New Posts list, there is a little box that when you hover over it, it says "Select for Moderation."

2019-12-26_12-21-43.jpg

Then when checked, a blue bar appears at the bottom. It doesn't look like I can actually do anything since I am not a moderator. The drop down is empty.

2019-12-26_12-06-33.jpg