• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Children's stories....

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

I'd love to hear any memories of things your children said.

Jack (age 6) said one yesterday that I loved...

We were at the dinner table talking about our 2012 new years resolutions and we went around the table with everyone saying what they had in mind.

When it was my wife's turn, she said her 2012 resolution was to "let the little things go".

Jack looked confused and asked if this meant she was going to get rid of the family dog.

Another one of my favorite Jack stories....

We celebrate Christmas and have a nativity set. When he was two years old, I heard my wife say "Jack No.... Jack No!" followed by a crash. The poor cow was dropped on the floor and shattered. We then had a lengthy discussion on how not to treat the nativity set. A few days later, I walked past the nativity set and noticed that a small toy cow had been added to the collection. I laughed at Jack's creativity --- and then began to notice that on a daily basis, the animals and people would move slightly as he rearranged the scene. About a week later, a tyrannosaurus rex was added to our nativity scene. Every year since, we put a t-rex in there, we even store the t-rex with the set when we put it away. I love that kid.

Would love to hear any stories! Happy New Year!

All the best,

Greg

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What fun!

When DS was maybe about three or four, he would pull way too much toilet paper off the roll. Several times I mentioned to him that toilet paper is made from tree fiber, and that when we use too much paper we are using up trees.

Another time we were talking about something he wanted that was expensive, and I said "Money doesn't grow on trees." "No," said he, "just toilet paper".

:) :) :)

-------------

One of his preschool friends was a girl named Julie, with long brown hair. He came home from preschool announcing that Julie was now a boy - seems that she had gotten a short haircut!

:) :) :)

---------

And when he was maybe three, I was trying to clear the very icy driveway. I'd hit the ice with the shovel to make cracks so I could scrape up pieces.

He watched for awhile, and said "I know what happens when you hit the ice. It makes cracks and then the water from the top of the ice is melted from the sun and the water gets in the cracks and goes under the ice and then you can pick it up."

That was such a smart analysis for a three-year-old that it was kind of scary.

Stressy

TUG Member
Reaction score
When DS was about 3 1/2..we went to the Grand Canyon via the Grand Canyon Railway from Williams. Included was a bus tour with 3 "look out" stops.

When we arrived at the 2nd look out point, he refused to leave the bus. His reasoning was, "I already saw that big hole"

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
DS at age 6 had a time out (he was furious) and actually went outside on the deck (safe and daytime). Within a minute , my eldest asked what Z was doing out front. He was on a ladder trying to climb in the window. When our reaction was to fix the ladder so it was safe, he made a sign that said "Parent Suck," and waved it for the neighbors to see.

DS at age 3 (I was single at the time - sperm bank so no dad) came home from school and said his friends said everyone had a dad. I hemmed and hawwed and told him yes - there was a man who was technically his dad. He asked where he was and I told him I didn't know. He was satisfied. Until the next day when I picked him up and the babysitter informed me that Z told everyone, "Guess what? I do have a dad! My mom just doesn't know who he is or where he lives!" (I since adopted DD and got married:)

DD at age 4 (her first birthday in the USA) was presented by a cake and candles and told to blow them out. She screamed having only been taught FIRE - clearing not understanding what we were doing and why it was her responsibilty to blow out the fire!

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg your nativity story reminds me of our Elizabeth who at age three called the Three Wise Men the "Three WIDE Men".

I have to go find the story I wrote down when my younger daughter saw her first "male" in the YMCA women's locker room after a toddler swimming lesson. I'll post it later after I unearth it.

sstamm

TUG Member
Reaction score
When DS was about 3 1/2..we went to the Grand Canyon via the Grand Canyon Railway from Williams. Included was a bus tour with 3 "look out" stops.

When we arrived at the 2nd look out point, he refused to leave the bus. His reasoning was, "I already saw that big hole"

Too funny! We have a similar story in our family. We visited the Grand Canyon when our youngest DS was about 5 1/2. We hiked around the rim, stayed overnight, got up early for sunrise, visited the ruins, etc. When we were leaving, he announced, "Finally. I've had about enough of that hole in the ground!"

:)

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a nephew named Jack who is three. Once his dad told him it was time to use the bathroom. He replied, my junk says no.

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
I listened to DH and his friend discussing whether or not God existed. My son kept saying yes. His friend asked "How do you know?" My son responded "We're here aren't we?" The faith of children...:)

He also used to have trouble going to bed when the "Trees were happy." For the longest time we couldn't figure out what he was talking about. Finally it dawned on us that when the wind blew the trees swayed in the wind making them "Happy" and scaring him.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The story about the nativity set reminder me of this one from my daughter. Last Christmas, we celebrated with my in-laws. My MIL collects nativity sets, and has an eclectic bunch that she displays in unusual places all over the house.

My daughter, then four, at one point gathered up all the Babies Jesus and started to sing to them, to help get them to "sleep." Not only was this as adorable as it sounds, it led to a still ongoing discussion as to the plural form of "Baby Jesus." We settled on the above (Babies Jesus,) along the lines of Attorneys General. (My MIL has a PhD in English Lit.)

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 'Happy Trees' story reminded me of a story involving my younger brother. We had a number of fruit trees and began having problems with racoons. Dad sat him in the work truck one night and instructed him to scare away any racoons with the lights or making noise. The next morning Dad went out to find him wide awake. When asked if he saw anything he said no but then asked if Dad believed in angels. Dad hesitantly replied yes but asked why. Brother replied because he could hear them playing their harps right above the truck and there was light shining down. He was too afraid to look though so he just sat there wondering why they were there. Dad knew the moon had been behind the truck but it took awhile to pinpoint the harps. He finally realized there had been a bit of wind during the night and the truck had one of the early car phones which had a tall antenna mounted in the center of the cab roof. It was years before my brother was given that explanation. ;)