• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Checking Points Availablity

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am new to the Destination Club program having just enrolled my weeks by buying one of the Encore packages and having my enrollment fee waived. I jst checked my account and it does show my point options.

I was wondering if there is a way to check availability before I elect points for one of my weeks?

Also is there somewhere to find an overview of how many points are required for a week at different resorts for different time periods?

Thanks
Any other hints for using points would be appreciated.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am new to the Destination Club program having just enrolled my weeks by buying one of the Encore packages and having my enrollment fee waived. I jst checked my account and it does show my point options.

I was wondering if there is a way to check availability before I elect points for one of my weeks?

Also is there somewhere to find an overview of how many points are required for a week at different resorts for different time periods?

Thanks
Any other hints for using points would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, you can't check availability until you elect points. You can call Owner Services and they can do this for you though. This is the biggest thorn in the side for many enrolled owners.

Take a look at the points FAQ sticky. There are links in there to the 2016 and 2017 points charts for all properties.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
How much is the current m/f per Trust point?

Instead of electing points, couldn't OP rent points from someone and have them deposited to his account? Even a small amount will do. When my point balance gets low I use it to search availability a day at a time.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How much is the current m/f per Trust point?

Instead of electing points, couldn't OP rent points from someone and have them deposited to his account? Even a small amount will do. When my point balance gets low I use it to search availability a day at a time.

You could rent some points for about $0.55 per point and then have the ability to search. Though you would need enough to search for a single day for when and where you are looking to travel. That is about $150 for convenience if the average night is 250 DC points. If you don't have enough points there for a single night, the system will show no availability. Another limitation with searching out a single day is that it only works for searches 10 months in advance.

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
Unfortunately, you can't check availability until you elect points. You can call Owner Services and they can do this for you though. This is the biggest thorn in the side for many enrolled owners.

This is my biggest complaint. You have to call. You can't chat & you can't search unless you have enough points to book one night.

I usually add a day or two to my trips so I have to do this pretty much every time. I rent points after determining availability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk