• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Checking in at end of week

Mjpierce

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a Sunday-Sunday at a resort, (Sheraton Vistana), this coming February, starting on the 19th. We are flying in on Friday evening, as we like to extend our vacation as far as possible. I have tons of unused weeks- is there any problem with booking a Sunday-Sunday the week before at the same resort and only using the last couple of days of it?

In case I just made that really confusing- I'd be booking 2/12-2/19, but not arriving until 2/17. I'd hopefully then be able to stay in the same unit for my second week, 2/19-2/26.

Would I get a lousy unit because I am checking in so late?

I understand that theoretically what I want to do is ok, but I'm wondering if anyone has run into a problem doing this.

Thanks

Last edited:

Mjpierce

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an answer to my question- not trying to be pushy, but I only have until the end of the night before my hold runs out.

Thanks,
Michael

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Why not call the resort and ask someone at the front desk.

Mjpierce

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm certainly doing that also. I know that it should work, but I wanted to hear if people had run into issues in actual practice. Things such as resorts forgetting you and re-renting the unit, or relegating you to the worst unit in the place because you are not there to complain.

Thanks

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I have checked into a unit late, just not quite as late as you are proposing.

Have you checked to see if you could rent a couple of nights on the front end just to see if that might be cheaper than the exchange fee?

I would think if you have two weeks reserved, and you make the request to be in the same unit for both weeks, it wouldn't matter that you're checking in late. Meaning they shouldn't give you a crummy unit. Not all resorts will assign the units when you make the request, but you can certainly check. Then once the units have been booked, let the resort know you'll be checking in late. It's YOUR unit so they shouldn't forget you and rent it out.

Mjpierce

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called about renting the two extra nights, and they want $219 a night for a one bedroom. For an exchange fee of $175, I can have a two-bedroom unit, probably not have to move units for the second week, and save $263 to boot.

As silly as it seems to use only two nights of a weeks trade, I think this one is a no-brainer.

Thanks for your help.

Michael

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did this recently at Marriott's Grande Chateau. I had overlapping reservations to get a couple of extra days on the tail end of our stay. I told the resort in advance. Upon arrival, I was told to go to the front desk and checkin again on the first overlapping day. The front desk checked me into a second room on paper only. When the first seven day stay ended, I went to the front desk and they checked me back into the same unit for the overlapping stay so we were not required to change rooms for the 10 day stay.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I'm certainly doing that also. I know that it should work, but I wanted to hear if people had run into issues in actual practice. Things such as resorts forgetting you and re-renting the unit, or relegating you to the worst unit in the place because you are not there to complain.

Thanks

We do that very often because of our travel scheduele. I also usually call ahead and let them know....and request a room.