• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Check your RCI searches

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an ongoing search with RCI for about 2 months or so and have 2 weeks in the bank available to exchange.

Went on-line this am to see how my search is going. The search is still searching, but now it shows I have 3 weeks in the bank available to trade.

The week I am searching for is doing BOTH a search and AVAILABLE to exchange. Checked it again..........same week........... same control number

Well, keep in mind they did their weekly maintenance last night :D :eek: :confused:

Should I tell RCI or maybe I can get an extra exchange out of them LOL
But they will probably catch the error when they see the same control number

Last edited:

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Same here. The thing is, I have 4 weeks to play with. Three are searching, and one I use to just randomly look at availability. If I do find something that I would want, I have to make sure that I do not use the weeks that are searching already.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny, I have a unit on hold right now, but that same week shows up in my exchange tab ...

BarCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
same thing happened to me when I looked today as well - the guide seemed to think that the ongoing search week and the one available to exchange were the same week maybe, maybe not - strange.....but that's RCI....

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I also have an extra week in my account, PLUS, my ongoing search has the wrong dates, and I keep putting in the correct dates, but it goes back to the wrong dates every day. I am never going to get my exchange this way. :(

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
rickandcindy

If your dates are within 30 days you cannot change to save the dates. But if beyond 30 days , you should be able to change the dates and then save your search with the new dates

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The exchange is for April. They just have a goofy system.

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an ongoing search for July 08 and only have my week showing that I am trying to exchange.
I never get a break with RCI LOL

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
The week I'm searching with is gone again. :shrug:

Did you check to make sure that week did not put something on hold?

Is the week you were searching with put back into the spacebank for "available to trade"? If so, call RCI and have them reinstate your search back to the original start date.

Did your RCI membership by chance expire? If so, and it is not renewed, your search will stop.

I checked this morning and RCI corrected the problem from my first post. I have the 1 week doing an ongoing search, (it is no longer showing as available to trade also) and have my 2 weeks in the bank available to trade.

Guess they woke up and discovered the error

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I mentioned in a previous post, the problem seems to be resolved but this am I went to RCI to check available deposits for trade and they have this message

"Select the deposit you would like to search against by clicking the Exchange button next to the appropriate week.
Note: You may see deposits listed that are tied to one of your Ongoing Searches. Your Ongoing Search is still active. If you select the deposit below, you will be able to search, but you cannot hold or confirm any units without cancelling the ongoing search"

So ...... that's RCI for you:eek: Of course, weekly Saturday night maintenance.

My weeks are all ok, no extra weeks and on going search still active.