• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Check your Deed at the Point

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Somehow, our deeds indicate the wrong owners.

Their records indicate week one is owned by me only and week two is owned by my wife's trust.

Diamond is working to get the deeds corrected.

They were properly titled with Embassy.

Sterling

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why is Embassy not @ fault for are the mess at this resort ?

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm 99.44% sure they were properly titled with Embassy and something got screwed up with the transfer to Diamond. Just a clerical error I imagine.

I'm as much to blame as anyone. I should have caught it a long time ago but I don't read the fine print much either. Three lashes with the cat of 9 tails for me.

Diamond has been very responsive to this issue and is working on the solution. Only been a week.

Really everyone should check their deeds to timeshares to make sure they are correct where ever you own.

Sterling

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Somehow, our deeds indicate the wrong owners.

Their records indicate week one is owned by me only and week two is owned by my wife's trust.

Diamond is working to get the deeds corrected.

They were properly titled with Embassy.

Sterling
How could the names on your deeds be messed up if they were created correctly in the first instance? Seems to me the only way the names on the deeds could be incorrect is if you executed the deeds in the first place with incorrect names on them.

Now, it is entirely possible that the deed information could have been incorrectly transferred into the ownership records. But the only way the names on the deeds could have been changed would be if you (or someone pretending to be you) executed a filing in land court changing the names of the deeds - which would seem to me to be criminal fraud.

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
How could the names on your deeds be messed up if they were created correctly in the first instance? Seems to me the only way the names on the deeds could be incorrect is if you executed the deeds in the first place with incorrect names on them.

Now, it is entirely possible that the deed information could have been incorrectly transferred into the ownership records. But the only way the names on the deeds could have been changed would be if you (or someone pretending to be you) executed a filing in land court changing the names of the deeds - which would seem to me to be criminal fraud.

Now I believe, that as you suggested, the deed information was incorrectly transferred into Diamond's ownership records.

The only way I caught this problem was when Diamond said even though we have two weeks we have to pay off the special assessment in three years not five. That concern is also being worked by Diamond.

Sterling

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Now I believe, that as you suggested, the deed information was incorrectly transferred into Diamond's ownership records.

The only way I caught this problem was when Diamond said even though we have two weeks we have to pay off the special assessment in three years not five. That concern is also being worked by Diamond.

Sterling
You should have the originals of the recorded deeds, with the deed registrar's stamp on them. The first thing you need to do is get those out and verify that the name of the deedholder is the same on both deeds. If the names are the same on the deeds, then it's clear that a screwup occurred on the resort's side when the information was transferred in the ownership records. If the names on the deeds are different, then the screwup occurred somewhere else.

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back from our bank. Review of the documents indicate both weeks were originally titled properly.

Mahalo for your advice.

We'll be at the Point for two weeks in December. :cool:

Will give the Hawaii Tuggers my biased and opinionated evaluation at that time.:hysterical:

Sterling