• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cheapest way to get to VIP?

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I know the answer, but just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

If I wanted to get to VIP status what is the cheapest method?

I already have resale points and understand they don't qualify towards the VIP status to get me there......but if I get there without them, then those points receive some of the VIP benefits....correct?

RC

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marry into it.

Or get adopted by elderly VIP "parents"/owners.

Give me more than 30 seconds ,,, might be another 100 ways.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I know the answer, but just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

If I wanted to get to VIP status what is the cheapest method?

I already have resale points and understand they don't qualify towards the VIP status to get me there......but if I get there without them, then those points receive some of the VIP benefits....correct?

RC

Cheapest way is to buy retail and use PIC to get points that count toward VIP.

You can PIC up to two non-Wyndham, non-RCI Points weeks and get the following points:
Studio---------------------70,000
1 Bedroom---------------105,000
2 Bedroom --------------154,000
3 Bedroom or more-----254,000

These points are available to either use (PIC Plus) or just count toward VIP for a limited time without getting actual use of points(PIC Express)
So if you have 2 2-bedroom intervals, you can apply them both and get 308K toward VIP, leaving 92K to purchase retail for Silver, 392K for Gold, and 692K for Platinum. Either way, you continue to pay MF to the original HOA of your PICd intervals, plus a nominal fee to Wyndham for the PIC points.

Some have suggested that PIC only applies for 5 years. I have read that if you apply PIC in association with a retail purchase, it's indefinite. I've seen another comment that the contract states that PIC intervals are subject to annual review and VIP may be cancelled at any time based on developer decision not to honor interval(s).

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
Any retail purchase should get you temporary Silver VIP with bonus points. They do that to wet your appetite for more VIP benefits. Mid week cleaning only comes with gold or higher.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe there is also a minimum number of Wyndham points you must buy to bring those weeks into PIC.

Finding the 3bdr RCI units is key ... I have 2 PIC units which are both 2/2.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The cheapest way to acquire a VIP membership is to inherit it from a parent. A child can only inherit a VIP membership from a parent, not from anyone else according to Wyndham. Another cheap way is to marry into it. Try suing Wyndham VR for something and include a VIP membership if you win or settle out of court. Lastly, buy it from a VIP member and secretly arranger/agree to keep the membership in their name.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have a non Wyndham WEEK, or FLOAT WEEK?
Not points. You can go PIC if you do. If you do, you COULD get lifetime VIP. If not, then all must be bought fom Wyndham. I would shoot for at least $100/ 1000 point discount from rack price. Benifits, GC's, 5 at silver. 2 ARP. Unlimited household credits. A VIP card you have to go gold to start to see real benifits.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe there is also a minimum number of Wyndham points you must buy to bring those weeks into PIC.

Finding the 3bdr RCI units is key ... I have 2 PIC units which are both 2/2.
On your PIC, did you receive lifetime, or 5yrs?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's see if this works

Edit: Nope

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
On your PIC, did you receive lifetime, or 5yrs?

Yee Ray ... are you indirectly asking a lady her AGE?

Look at my TUG registration date ... and then REMEMBER how LONG ago they changed the PIC rules from lifetime to 5 years.

And here is some more advice ... did you really read in YOUR PIC Conversion paperwork that you DO NOT HAVE an END DATE on those conversions? Remember, what the sales dude verbally states MIGHT NOT be what is written in the paperwork.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
From MyClubWyndham:

Important Information

In order to participate in PIC Plus you need to be a member of RCI.

Each eligible non-CLUB WYNDHAM Plus interval week must be enrolled in the PIC Plus program in order to participate.

A maximum of two (2) weeks can be enrolled per member.

PIC contracts cannot be transferred to another owner.

You will need to be current in both your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus assessment fees and your yearly maintenance fees in order to request an exchange.

Weeks enrolled in PIC Plus will be subject to an annual verification process. When a week no longer meets the eligibility requirements, it is removed from the PIC Plus program.

When making a PIC deposit, you will select if you want to receive points in the current Use Year or the following Use Year.

PIC points are eligible for a 12-month period and will expire at the end of the Use Year selected and can be used for many of the great vacation benefits in the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus program.

PIC Plus points cannot be used for Priority Reservations, Points Credit Pool, Converting Points to Maintenance Dollars, or Wyndham Rewards® Conversion Program.

PIC Express contract points are used toward VIP status and are ineligible for resort stays.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here it is: From the "Eligibility Requirements" find print on p 360 of the Member Directory

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1415/#/376

"Membership in the PIC Plus program is available with a new vacation ownership purchase from Wyndham Vacation Resorts or to Club Wyndham Plus Members who pay the PIC Plus Membership Enrollment Fee. Membership is limited to five consecutive years for those who pay the PIC Plus Membership Enrollment Fee."

My interpretation is:

PIC in conjunction with a new purchase: Indefinite, subject to annual review that PIC properties still qualify.

PIC added by an existing member without a new purchase: 5 years, subject to annual review that PIC properties still qualify.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is another way

You used to be able to convert as many Pahio weeks as you might own, to points with one small purchase of developer points,And these Pahio weeks could be purchased resale. By the time I figured this one out they had begun to close this loophole. I was limited to doing 3 for one. So I converted two, top floor, 2 bedroom lock offs at Ka Eo Kai (350000 points each) and one two bedroom lagoon view at Kauai Beach (308000 points) with a 126000 eoy at Royal Gardens ($6000 down and $150 a month for the rest of my life)

so as I see it I got to Platinum for $6000 out of pocket,, 2 years of guest certs at 30/year pay for it

as I said they are closing that loophole and last I checked the rule was one for one, so 3 of these weeks like I did can be converted with three 63000 point purchases or 189000 points... probably about $35000

That loophole may be closed altogether by now, I dont know, but I will say that most salesmen didnt know how to do this, You will have to find one of the smarter ones.. or Ill introduce you to one I know.. PM me