• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Reaction score
Ever since 2002, I've driven a semi. I've seen all 48 North American states (not Hawaii or Alaska) and the 3 central Canadian provinces. In 2021, after my wife's malpractice death, I started driving Monday-Saturday in the southeast. A couple weeks ago, I went to MCO to fly to BOS to attend my father-in-law's Celebration of Life. I had to park at the west economy lot, which is pretty far away from the airport, because even the private parking lots were full. The airport had Mears do the transporting from the parking lot to the A terminal, and motorcoaches that would go to the new C terminal. That gave me an "itch". I saw I would be making the same as I make now, if not a little more, I applied, I was hired on the spot!

So, if you are going from your resort (including Disney Springs and Bonnet Creek resorts) to any of the other parks or attractions, and you see it's a yellow Mears bus, I may be the one taking you there! I'll probably be done with training in September.

TS

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Ever since 2002, I've driven a semi. I've seen all 48 North American states (not Hawaii or Alaska) and the 3 central Canadian provinces. In 2021, after my wife's malpractice death, I started driving Monday-Saturday in the southeast. A couple weeks ago, I went to MCO to fly to BOS to attend my father-in-law's Celebration of Life. I had to park at the west economy lot, which is pretty far away from the airport, because even the private parking lots were full. The airport had Mears do the transporting from the parking lot to the A terminal, and motorcoaches that would go to the new C terminal. That gave me an "itch". I saw I would be making the same as I make now, if not a little more, I applied, I was hired on the spot!

So, if you are going from your resort (including Disney Springs and Bonnet Creek resorts) to any of the other parks or attractions, and you see it's a yellow Mears bus, I may be the one taking you there! I'll probably be done with training in September.

TS
Congrats- Good Luck on your new duties

Richard

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! I have always found the Disney transportation drivers to be quite friendly and personable. This seems to be a good fit from “knowing” you. I wish you the best!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That sounds like a great transition! Good luck in the new job. I know OTR trucking is hard work. My nephew is a driver who just switched over to local driving from that. He's had some stories to tell. I hope everything goes well.

Dave

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.

TS
Congratulations hope it works out great!

Reaction score
Congratulations! I have always found the Disney transportation drivers to be quite friendly and personable. This seems to be a good fit from “knowing” you. I wish you the best!
This isn't "Disney Transportation", the theme park runs their own busses. But, let's say you stay at Bonnet Creek or Gaylord Palms, or other high-end family hotels, Mears will take you to Disney Springs. I applied for a bus driving position at WDW several years ago, the interviewer said my bad (aka missing) front teeth disqualifies me. Their loss!

TS

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

I dove OTR for +-30 years, and always thought in the back of my mind that chauffeuring a tour bus might be a good gig, but could never get past the thought of having freight that can talk back. :) Safe travels, Amigo!

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This isn't "Disney Transportation", the theme park runs their own busses. But, let's say you stay at Bonnet Creek or Gaylord Palms, or other high-end family hotels, Mears will take you to Disney Springs. I applied for a bus driving position at WDW several years ago, the interviewer said my bad (aka missing) front teeth disqualifies me. Their loss!

TS
I thought Mears run direct airport to hotel transportation. What good does taking me to Disney Springs do me when I am staying at Gaylord Palms or Bonnet Creek?

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! Sounds like a nice fit/transition! I hope you enjoy it!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Yay! That is a great career change. Congratulations!

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I thought Mears run direct airport to hotel transportation. What good does taking me to Disney Springs do me when I am staying at Gaylord Palms or Bonnet Creek?
Mears runs regular taxis, private limos, shared shuttles, etc. all over Orlando and surrounding area, not just between the airport and hotels. So if you’re staying at Gaylord Palms or BC and want to go to DS, Mears can take you.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have heard rumors that Disney may be bringing Magical Express back after the train debacle.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The light rail debacle? Do you have an article link to the latest?
I suspect the on again off again station at Disney Springs and possible extension to the backyard of Universal Orlando. The DS station was always kind of a pipe dream and not really a realistic transportation option for people between MCO and Disney carrying kids and luggage.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I'm glad you found something that you like. Good Luck !!!

Bill

Reaction score
UPDATE Well, MEARS did not work out, too much information in too little time. I applied for a bus position at Walt Disney World (WDW), but I also applied for Votran, which is Volusia County (incl Daytona Beach) transit company. I was hired and started at Votran last week, but that was a cluster of a mess! They put it into my file that I was already a bus driver, so I was put in the ready-to-drive class. Whether driving a semi or a transit bus, there is no "fake it until you make it". On Friday, they said they would call me on Saturday as to when I would start today (Monday). Not a peep. I sent the hiring manager a text (HR is closed weekends) on Sunday, she said I would hear something Sunday evening. Not a peep. Anyway, today (Monday), I received a call from WDW Transportation, they said the last step is a Dept of Transportation physical tomorrow! They said that, assuming I pass it, I will begin training on September 30, which WDW calls "Tradition Day ". HR is done online, not at the WDW Casting Center. I sent the HR @ Votran a text letting them know that I accepted another position due to their clerical mistake, I hold no hard feelings, she was apologetic and asked about returning, and she would let the supervisors know of the issue. As a side note, WDW pays $3 more per hour than Votran, both have identical benefits as both are TEAMSTERS.

So, if anyone stays at WDW in late December or later, chances are I may be the one moving you around the theme park! I'm not sure how long their mandatory work is (where I can leave WDW and not be charged for training), but at that point, I can move to MEARS or any other bus company. Or just stay at WDW.

TS

PS. Since truck driving was my 18-ish year career, I don't plan on changing my usernames.
:cool:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That's cool. And I'd think driving for WDW would be easier than trying to navigate city streets with a commercial bus. The bump in pay isn't bad either. Good luck!

You should set up a Code Phrase for Tuggers to ask you when they board the WDW bus. Something like "Did you ever work on a TUGboat?" So you'll know you have precious cargo. If a Tugger asked any other driver, they'd get, "Er, Nope." Could be fun. :D

Dave

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
We'll be there NYE week! Let us know what your route will be and maybe we'll look for you! Elaine

Reaction score
You should set up a Code Phrase for Tuggers to ask you when they board the WDW bus. Something like "Did you ever work on a TUGboat?" So you'll know you have precious cargo. If a Tugger asked any other driver, they'd get, "Er, Nope." Could be fun. :D

Dave
Or, maybe put a TUG logo on a shirt small enough for someone nearby to see but not big enough for everyone to see. I doubt DVC takes kindly to us trying to get people to stay away from their sales offices. I believe routes are assigned daily, so I would not know until I report to work what that day holds. So, I can't predict anything
:hi:
TS

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
That's cool. And I'd think driving for WDW would be easier than trying to navigate city streets with a commercial bus. The bump in pay isn't bad either. Good luck!
Umm, maybe the roadways are easier to navigate, but I’m not so sure about dealing with a bus load of sweaty, tired tourists trying to hold up their folded strollers as well as their crying children, or refusing to take the child out and fold the stroller because the child is sleeping. Not to mention having to watch while someone who has never ridden an ECV before insists they can drive it onto the bus and park it as required. Lots of patience required!

Dave
I like that idea! (Quote from Rock n Rollercoaster)

@simpsontruckdriver, good luck, and I hope to ride with you one day! I promise, we’re easy!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

Dave

This could be the Tug code at resorts, lol. Along time ago I asked if there were any Tuggers in the hot tub. That sounded better in my head and I haven't said it again.

Bill