• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Chance for Disney Trades?

sdtugger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it is possible to trade my Branson 1 Bedroom AC for any Disneyworld resort the middle of June 2009? I see alot of Saratoga Springs with the AC now and one Old Key West.

If that is possible/likely, how hard would it be to snag a studio or 1 bedroom for the same week at the same Disney resort for the rest of the family with a Branson 1 bedroom July 4 week or even a Park City 1 bedroom mud week?

Just looking for others experience. We have always rented a Disney hotel room and I'm wondering how hard it would be to get rooms for 6 with 2 trades for the same week. Thanks for your thoughts. Obviously, we could stay offsite in one of the Marriotts. But, we've always stayed onsite and loved "the magic." One last question that may be best for the Disney board, but how would you rank the Disney resorts and is it easier to get one over another.

Thanks again.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
June at Orlando was on the grid of my last two AC's. If June is on your AC's grid, you can put in on ongoing search for a Disney resort.

Terry

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you can live with a studio or 1BR you will match a Disney in June without any trouble. 2BR will be more difficult

sdtugger

TUG Member
Reaction score
June is on the AC grid. I'm not even hoping for a 2 bedroom. I'm wondering how likely it would be to get 2 studios or 2 1 bedrooms or 1 studio and one 1bedroom for the same dates at the same disney resort?

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
June is on the AC grid. I'm not even hoping for a 2 bedroom. I'm wondering how likely it would be to get 2 studios or 2 1 bedrooms or 1 studio and one 1bedroom for the same dates at the same disney resort?

I don't know about 2 of them for the same resort and same dates in the summer. Definitely Saratoga or Old Key West would be easier. I'd probably just concentrate on getting 1 of them on a Disney exchange and then plan on picking up an Orlando Marriott if the other Disney week didn't come through. We do this all the time. Have part of our family onsite and part off site. Our next family trip in the fall we have family at Sheraton Vistana Villages, Marriott Cypress Harbour, Marriott Grande Vista, and Disney's Old Key West.

sdtugger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hhmmm. I don't think units at different locations will fly. I'm looking for space for my spouse and our 4 children. If there is no chance for 2 Disney units for the same week, then I'm afraid that we will need to go offsite (where it appears very easy to get a 2 bedroom Marriott. But, my family really prefers to stay onsite.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Oh, you are a family of 6 (2 adults 4 kids) traveling together and not two different families. Even if you got 2 DVC trades into the same resort during the summer, there's no guarantee the units would be close together. We have combined our DVC points for a studio with a 1 bedroom Disney Interval exchange. Disney did end up putting the units side by side, but they told me they couldn't guarantee it. We had two couples traveling together so it didn't matter if the units were far apart. Sounds like you really need a 2 bedroom for a family of 6.

Good luck.

Last edited:

sdtugger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, you are a family of 6 (2 adults 4 kids) traveling together and not two different families. Even if you got 2 DVC trades into the same resort during the summer, there's no guarantee the units would be close together. We have combined our DVC points for a studio with a 1 bedroom Disney Interval exchange. Disney did end up putting the units side by side, but they told me they couldn't guarantee it. We had two couples traveling together so it didn't matter if the units were far apart. Sounds like you really need a 2 bedroom for a family of 6.

Good luck.

Thanks. We actually have such a spread in ages that our older kids often have their own unit (oldest is 19). And, sometimes they aren't nearby. But, I don't think we'd be able to be in two different developments. I think we'd be fine if we could get even 2 studios in the same development. Any thoughts on how likely that would be?

sdtugger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! It's been a few years since I purchased Disneyworld tickets. I just checked on them. Wow!! I can see how the new system would benefit someone who knew that they were coming for 10 days in a relatively short period of time (a few years). But, for those of us who go less frequently, the new ticket system is definitely pricey.

I'd almost save money by going to Hawaii, even with the increase in airfare . . .