• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cayman Islands for November this year?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We canceled all 2020 trips due to Covid and the uncertainty around airline Fights and vacation infrastructure. It seems like many locations are re-opening and Cayman Islands has done a good job of keeping Covid out. The only thing I have not yet canceled is my Cayman Islands Exchange booked this year for Thanksgiving through an II exchange. I have not canceled it Yet because we have eplus and I can cancel up to 60 days before to retrade. It is a 2 BR ocean view at the Londoner at Morritts, I think. It was their most upscale option so I think it is the Londoner. This was a hard exchange to get esp for Thanksgiving week. I am just not sure if I should keep it and what travel will be like by Thanksgiving. I hated traveling thanksgiving week pre-covid and I hate crowds. I am worried going to Thanksgiving to Cayman Islands could be crowded. I have not looked up the travel guidelines and requirements for Cayman though. It might not be as bad as I imagine. I know I won‘t get this resort again very easily but I could always use eplus for something else in 2021. That will be my last trade with eplus since I already traded a few times before landing on this. Any thoughts on keeping this exchange or retrading through eplus for another resort/destination in 2021?

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hold out through the summer. Things can change and I like to think on a positive note. I've walked by those units...beautiful!! We had 2 weeks back to back at Tortuga and then Grand. Really enjoyed the island . Quiet, relaxing.... and right before the holidays, itd be a great time to go. I hope it happens for you .

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I looked up the travel restrictions to Grand Cayman and the airport is closed to international travel until September 1st. It does not seem likely we will be able to make this trip in November. I am worried about traveling out of the country and getting stuck somewhere or not being able to return. I won‘t even find out until September if travel back and forth between USA and Cayman will be open. I need 60 days notice to rebook the resort with II. This seems like cutting it close. They also have a 14 day quarantine.