• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Carlsbad Inn closed til April 30

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Just received an email that reads:

March 30, 2020
To Our Valued Owners:

For so many years, we have had the pleasure of calling Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort our home-away-from-home and hosting thousands of families on amazing vacations. Vacations are an essential way for us to foster lifelong memories with our families, experience the world outside of our backyard and create connections with the greater community. While our world is experiencing challenging times, we will persevere and we will be here for YOU as we continue to navigate these unprecedented times and look forward to many more vacations to come.

We ask for your understanding and patience as we continue to address the COVID-19 global pandemic. Our number one priority has and always will be the health and safety of our associates, our Owners, and all of our families and communities. We are making temporary adjustments per the recommendation of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and government guidelines. In accordance with these guidelines and the restrictions tied to them your Board of Directors have authorized a temporary closure of our resort.

Effective immediately, Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort will temporarily close. We are contacting Owners with use-weeks impacted due to the temporary closure offering them alternate use options.

Grand Pacific Vacation Services (GPVS) is addressing reservations through April 30, 2020. We ask that you please reserve the phone lines and online chat for travel within this period, and remain patient in the response time. As of today, the contact center hours are Monday through Saturday 8:00am to 5:00pm PST.

As the current situation is evolving, we will continue to keep you updated with regard to the impact on our resort. Please continue to refer to the various health agencies COVID-19 updates, guidelines and travel recommendations and restrictions.

Our hearts are with those directly affected by the virus and we continue to encourage our associates, owners, friends and family to remain diligent in following the recommendations set forth by those with the knowledge of how to best fight this pandemic and protect the most vulnerable in our communities.

We are in this together, and sunnier days are ahead. We are planning and adapting as swiftly and appropriately as possible for this temporary closure. We understand that you have questions, and we are here to support you in every way possible.

We appreciate your understanding, and we will thrive together beyond this pandemic.

Sincerely,
Your Board of Directors at Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
& Grand Pacific Resort Management

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
We own two Summer weeks and so far those are not effected. But I have been sitting on them, wondering if we should deposit them in RCI now before it's too late. We'd rather use them if possible so that's why I haven't done anything yet.

I'm guessing other Grand Pacific Resorts are also closed. Anyone know?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
River pointe is closing. I had a reservation there end of April. I own Labor Day week at Carlsbad Inn. I’ve had the same renter from AZ every year. I may have to do an RCI deposit because the closure might push back the completion of the renovation.

Paul_C

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Pacific Palisades
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort above the Flower Fields is open. Adult pool and spa is open but Family pool is closed, as well as activities, of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got an email today that Seapointe is closing as of today for a temporary basis until June 4 reservations.

I also own at GPP but haven't seen any emails from there. But it's just a matter of time. All the emails have said it's a board decision and not a management decision.

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marbrisa and Seapointe are Hilton affiliates. I was unaware that Carlsbad Inn had anything to do with Hilton. Shouldn't this be placed in the Western posts?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Marbrisa and Seapointe are Hilton affiliates. I was unaware that Carlsbad Inn had anything to do with Hilton. Shouldn't this be placed in the Western posts?

you are correct. Carlsbad Inn has nothing to do with HGV.

Legally_Blonde9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Just checked out of Grand Pacific Palisades and was told that they will be closing their doors on Sunday, the 12th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trips&ships

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation week at San Clemente Cove cancelled for May 3rd.. Riverside County resorts closed until June 19 per email from WM per Riverside County order.