• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Captcha Issue

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with the captcha showing up on internet explorer tonight? It shows me the "are you human?" text and space for the box but nothing ever appears. If I click book reservation it goes back to the verify reservation page and won't book the room. No issues if I try and book through chrome.

Jason

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea after 3rd search attempt "search by check in date" did no try to book

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was not on tonight but there are a few issues.

Sometimes it is hard to see which picture is of what. A few times after clicking the right pictures and submitting it wants me to do it again and again until forever. This was the same as when using letters only.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you upgrade/install your computer to/with Kaspersky Total Security? If so that maybe your problem. Dump down it's security level may solve the problem.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I was not on tonight but there are a few issues.

Sometimes it is hard to see which picture is of what. A few times after clicking the right pictures and submitting it wants me to do it again and again until forever. This was the same as when using letters only.

If you answer correctly and you get another captcha, you appear to be in an endless captcha loop. Hit your browser back key a few times and you'll get out of the loop. I am usually in chrome (not sure that matters).

I didn't have any issues last night (as described by OP).

I do see flakiness when I upgrade a room, sometimes. Not a captcha issue. But if I upgrade, it doesn't work, keeps me on the upgrade window, then I get an error that the room is no longer available. But checking my confirmations, my room upgraded (phew). I've seen this several times now.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you answer correctly and you get another captcha, you appear to be in an endless captcha loop. Hit your browser back key a few times and you'll get out of the loop. I am usually in chrome (not sure that matters).

I do see flakiness when I upgrade a room, sometimes. Not a captcha issue. But if I upgrade, it doesn't work, keeps me on the upgrade window, then I get an error that the room is no longer available. But checking my confirmations, my room upgraded (phew). I've seen this several times now.

Yes and yes. Very frustrating when the upgrade screen does not go smoothy.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

Come on, it's an adrenaline rush! Like riding a roller coaster.

Dang, it didn't go through, and now the room is gone! Oh wait, it DID go through! COOL!

Much more exciting than for it to just work smoothly.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham websites make mention of an issue about this.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Captcha Verification issue with Internet Explorer browsers

We currently have a known issue with our Captcha Security Verification feature when using an Internet Explorer browser. If you are searching for resort availability and are provided the Captcha Verification page without an option to proceed we suggest logging out of your session and utilizing a Chrome or Firefox browser in the short term. We apologize for the temporary issue, but we are working diligently to fix the problem.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Captcha Verification issue with Internet Explorer browsers

We currently have a known issue with our Captcha Security Verification feature when using an Internet Explorer browser. If you are searching for resort availability and are provided the Captcha Verification page without an option to proceed we suggest logging out of your session and utilizing a Chrome or Firefox browser in the short term. We apologize for the temporary issue, but we are working diligently to fix the problem.

Thanks for the posting of this. Where did you find it? *Nevermind found it on the top of the membership page

Also the only problem when you get the "Technical Problem" error when trying to upgrade I have found is the 1 bedroom (upgraded room) doesn't come back up in the system. That can cause some headaches when you have 1 - 1 bedroom to upgrade several larger rooms.

Jason

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the posting of this. Where did you find it? *Nevermind found it on the top of the membership page

Also the only problem when you get the "Technical Problem" error when trying to upgrade I have found is the 1 bedroom (upgraded room) doesn't come back up in the system. That can cause some headaches when you have 1 - 1 bedroom to upgrade several larger rooms.

Jason

That is true, at least I found it to be true tonight.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Come on, it's an adrenaline rush! Like riding a roller coaster.

Something like that :)

Jason

I wonder if that "technical problem" is actually working as designed. :ponder:

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if that "technical problem" is actually working as designed. :ponder:

It doesn't happen on everyone so I don't think so. That make for a fun "game" if the room you upgraded didn't show back up until the next morning which is what I believe happens with the "technical Problems".

Jason

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is doing exactly what a smart system designer would put into the mess.

The "Cancel & Rebook" has been used WAY too much by the "Wyndham Renting" companies ... that is WHAT their business model and pricing of their reservations is based on. Consistently working takes MONEY out of Wyndham's bank account along with encouraging MORE & MORE owners doing this.

It is random ... as my behavior modification class taught me 40 years ago .. lots of people always TRYING as the random rewards WORKS better to TRAIN the dog or monkey (or the Wyndham owner). Wyndham CAN program their computers to TAKE up to 90% of the 60 day out inventory .... that is a 1 out of 10 CHANCE a VIP owner WINS!

Using a random number generator (where Wyndham can alter the kept percentage)... for ONLY the "high, high demand" resorts & time frame ... keeps the HIGH value reservations being "cancelled" and new reservations for Wyndham does NOT totally DRY up.

I only donate money to SLOT machines as entertainment ... not to cover my MFs or with my personally vacation stays.