• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Capital Vacations

Msbratcat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Calypso Cay
We own at Calypso Cay. As of April 1st Capital Vacations has ”taken over”. Not sure who they are replacing and trying to get answers from them is worse than RCI. No one seems to know anything about them, even the people answering the phones at the number they give you to call. Does anyone have any information on this company?

DRIless

Reaction score
We own at Calypso Cay. As of April 1st Capital Vacations has ”taken over”. Not sure who they are replacing and trying to get answers from them is worse than RCI. No one seems to know anything about them, even the people answering the phones at the number they give you to call. Does anyone have any information on this company?
Capital Vacations is a combination of a traditional timeshare and a vacation club operation. Capital acquired the resorts and management contracts for the resorts formerly affiliated with SPM and Defender Resorts, so those resorts are now managed by Capital and week owners operate under a traditional timeshare format. Capital has also rolled out the Capital Vacations Club – which includes most of their managed resorts in a points-based program where members have the benefit of vacationing at any of the Club-affiliated resorts. Both setups essentially function under the timeshare concept since owners and members both purchase time to vacation in a holiday resort. The primary difference is the flexibility of each ownership option.

etc.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If your a deeded owner, it just means that Capital is managing the resort. It means that that if you didn't have sales staff on site you will now and if you already did they will aggressively be pushing you to buy points and convert to Capital vacation club. Expect more guests at the resort from Capital's internal vacation club and perhaps an bump in fees.

Msbratcat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Calypso Cay
I did get a call today from Calypso Cay . Unfortunately I was at work. Bill asked that I call him back and gave me an extension #, no phone # just extension. I figured it must be the same number I tried calling yesterday as the extension numbers were close. So foolish me, I try calling again, only to be told, “a representative will be with you shortly” after listening to music for over 5 minutes, I hung up. Same____, different day.

jadenluther

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Calypso Cay

I spent 3 hours on the phone with them today, only to be told that we will no longer be trading through RCI but through a company called CapXchange, (who has maybe 60 resorts) or I could sell my week to Interval and use their system. They had no help for me, had no idea how long until I have access to either of those exchanges, and when I spoke to RCI (as I still have points in their system) they said that Capital was supposed to issue us a new RCI login credentials, and had no idea that we were going to be sent to Interval. What a mess! I am beyond frustrated!!

jadenluther

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Calypso Cay
I did get a call today from Calypso Cay . Unfortunately I was at work. Bill asked that I call him back and gave me an extension #, no phone # just extension. I figured it must be the same number I tried calling yesterday as the extension numbers were close. So foolish me, I try calling again, only to be told, “a representative will be with you shortly” after listening to music for over 5 minutes, I hung up. Same____, different day.

Please update if they gave you any new info.......

Gwendyc

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your a deeded owner, it just means that Capital is managing the resort. It means that that if you didn't have sales staff on site you will now and if you already did they will aggressively be pushing you to buy points and convert to Capital vacation club. Expect more guests at the resort from Capital's internal vacation club and perhaps an bump in fees.
I first heard of Capital Vacations when we were at a park this weekend and my son saw a "spin the wheel and win" to win some sort of trinket. I saw the Capital Vacations logo on it and was like "nope!" We are in the middle of purchasing HGVC and didn't want to deal with another company trying to push points just so my son could get a free pair of sunglasses or whatever. After we got back home, I looked them up on the web, saw Calypso Cay was one of their properties, and thought Capital Vacations must be legit. I didn't realize they just took over at Calypso Cay. Best of luck and I hope communication with them gets easier.

DesireMore

Reaction score
Capital Resorts is the worst. We all know that timeshare isn't known for being the most honest of industries, but they run a true scam out of Pigeon Forge, TN. The "Lodges of the Smoky Mountains" has had only four cabins built in the last twelve years. Yes *12 years*. They intentionally leave construction equipment on their property parked to give off the illusion that they're building a water park and other amenities on the property, all the while selling points out of Branson, MO before they even begin to sell points out of Pigeon Forge. Sure, some of their other resorts are nice, but be very wary if you do an owner update in Pigeon Forge, and do not trust a word that comes out of any of these crook's mouths!

DonL65

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Capital vacation points
Can anyone tell me how to exit from Capital vacations?

pieslapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to exit from Capital vacations?

There used to be a link on their website to an owner exit program, but it seems to have disappeared. I think if you were in good standing and had no loan, they would take it back for like $1,000, but not sure anymore. Try calling the main number 844-777-CLUB and asking for the financial or accounting people.

Oops, it was in a different post on the forums. Here's the updated link:

Ret2010

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Vacation Club Orange Lake
Calypso Cay
Vidanta
I first heard of Capital Vacations when we were at a park this weekend and my son saw a "spin the wheel and win" to win some sort of trinket. I saw the Capital Vacations logo on it and was like "nope!" We are in the middle of purchasing HGVC and didn't want to deal with another company trying to push points just so my son could get a free pair of sunglasses or whatever. After we got back home, I looked them up on the web, saw Calypso Cay was one of their properties, and thought Capital Vacations must be legit. I didn't realize they just took over at Calypso Cay. Best of luck and I hope communication with them gets easier.

I had an owners update briefing today. I had to take ID and a credit card. They like to know you have a credit card and no liens or bankruptcy. The sales rep was so sweet and explained that they had changed ownership. Karen asked me enough questions to understand that I am a happy owner and not going to switch over my program . She brought over another rep who I guess was going to attempt to persuade me. Art was his name. He proceeded to tell me about the company change and how I had missed opportunity to switch my program. No I wasn't interested in switching so I didn't respond to the change in ownership. He told me he had done this for years blah blah then started writing numbers and drawing circles. I said hey bottom line, what is this going to cost. He said I have to go through blah blah. I said I have sat through enough updates that I know how this works. I don't need to sit through another 30, 60, 90 minutes and you tell me it's going to cost 60k, 30, whatever and an arm and a leg. I'm not interested in debt. Oh he said well I know you want to make an intelligent decision. It was the tone and the stern look that turned me off on him. REALLY. I said leave that word out I make good decisions. I'm happy with what I have. He said well I know you don't want to make a stupid decision. DID HE SAY THAT. He was rude. Told me that I can't dictate how he does the briefing and how long it is. DID HE SAY THAT. Wow I had on my mask and took it off to say what's the bottom line. Smh They have this script I guess. Well it was over for me when he got rude. He snatched his papers and walked off. Oh well you lost that sale. I did report his attitude to the manager who said Art is a top sales person with good reviews. I said probably because nobody was taken time to complain and write a report. Nice resort, overall good customer service. I will keep my legacy week. No thank you to conversion to points if it means I have to spend more money. Let me stay where I am. It's like you have to accept a briefing to get the parking pass for your car, then it was a refundable 30 dollars cash to make sure you show up. The 30 dollars was refunded on a debit card after I talked to the sales manager. He said he will talk to him. Great. Smh They need to give the parking pass when you get the room keys. Don't make us feel obligated to do the briefing. My gift was a 7 day week. No thank you.