• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can't use my Feb. week

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been looking forward to going to see the whales for the first time at our Ocean Front unit at WKORVN. I diligently booked the villa at 365 days out midnight. We had the whole two bedroom booked to bring the family. Then they all couldn't make it so I dropped the one bedroom side and my hubby and I were going to enjoy all by ourselves.
Well, sadly last week my son developed meningitis and then to make matters worse his heart has been affected and we found out yesterday he has to have a serious open heart operation on Thursday. He will likely have to be on 6 weeks of IV antibiotics at home. So needless to say the whale watching will have to wait until another trip.
So I quickly threw it on Redweek to rent. I will add it here as well. There are some pretty good airfares right now so it wouldn't be out of the question for someone to arrange a quick trip. If it doesn't rent here in the next week or so [edited to comply with no-advertising rule] would Starwood have some sympathy for our situation and let us cancel and give us the staroptions. I will have load of paperwork to back it up. Does anybody have any other ideas? Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
So sorry to hear about your son, hope he makes a full recovery. You could call Starwood ask for a supervisor. Explain the situation and ask them to put your time on hold until you know when you can rebook. I'm sure you will be able to do so. Wishing you the best! Let us know how your son is doing.
Silentg

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I'm sorry for your troubles.

First, focus on your son. He needs your support and so does your family.
Second, if you list it a fair price, it will rent.
Third...your TUG family will support you with warm thoughts.

I'm sure a renter will find you.
VRBO?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would call Owner Services and ask to speak to Owner Resolution Services - they have complete latitude to change your reservation in an emergency situation - be persistent.

*The entry level person who answers the phone can't help you, and probably will tell you that it can't be changed - insist on talking to Owner Resolution Services.

Last edited:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been looking forward to going to see the whales for the first time at our Ocean Front unit at WKORVN. I diligently booked the villa at 365 days out midnight. We had the whole two bedroom booked to bring the family. Then they all couldn't make it so I dropped the one bedroom side and my hubby and I were going to enjoy all by ourselves.
Well, sadly last week my son developed meningitis and then to make matters worse his heart has been affected and we found out yesterday he has to have a serious open heart operation on Thursday. He will likely have to be on 6 weeks of IV antibiotics at home. So needless to say the whale watching will have to wait until another trip.
So I quickly threw it on Redweek to rent. I will add it here as well. There are some pretty good airfares right now so it wouldn't be out of the question for someone to arrange a quick trip. If it doesn't rent here in the next week or so [edited to comply with no-advertising rule] would Starwood have some sympathy for our situation and let us cancel and give us the staroptions. I will have load of paperwork to back it up. Does anybody have any other ideas? Thanks for your help.
I'm 90 plus percent sure they would.
Last year our guests in our 2 bed LO had to cancel last minute as her mom passed. They (owner resolution services) returned the SO unencumbered.

We're all using them this year to go to St John.

It sounds like your son is in good hands. Hope he gets well soon.

Also the airlines will likely do you right and give you credits for future flights.

Last edited:

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the airline. I recently had a similar family situation and one of the major airlines refused to help. We had to pay a huge fee (per person) to change. One reason I love Southwest so much. Just wish they had more international flights and flew to Hawaii..

I'm 90 plus percent sure they would.
Last year our guests in our 2 bed LO had to cancel last minute as her mom passed. They (owner resolution services) returned the SO unencumbered.

We're all using them this year to go to St John.

It sounds like your son is in good hands. Hope he gets well soon.

Also the airlines will likely do you right and give you credits for future flights.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is why we always buy travel insurance - you just never know.

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

I really appreciated all of your kind words. My son's 6 hour surgery on Thursday went well. They have been amazed at how well he has done considering how sick he was with endocarditis and meningitis. I guess being an otherwise studly 25 yr old helps.
Luckily we got our plane tickets using points so I am going to call them and cancel. I will call Starwood and speak to a Supervisor today or tomorrow. I got an inquiry right away from the Redweek ad. It was an agent though which makes me a little nervous. I haven't heard anything since. I am just trying to get through the roughest recovery period. I think day 3 can be a rough one. He gets 2 of his chest tubes out today which should help.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the update on your son - great news!

Some of the agents that use Redweek are 100% safe and reputable - what company was it?

You can PM me if you prefer.

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't believe it

I'm such an idiot. In the stress of all that has been happening i posted the Redweek ad under WKORV instead of WKORVN. I went in to look at it and it wasn't there and I freaked out. I added a new one at the correct resort. What a knucklehead head I am.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Glad to hear your Son is doing ok.
There are several folks on TUG that work rentals also...maybe they'll see the ad. Did you post here too?

Warm thoughts for a speedy recovery (and maybe some Starwood love too!

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I hope your son continues to improve.
Silentg