• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can't get confirmation of reservation

ALNORCPA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Early this year, we booked a reservation for two units at the Ramada Docklands (London) through the Worldmark Desk at RCI. We were told that there was no exchange inventory available-only straight rentals-so we rented two units for July, 2007.

One of our couples has reason to send a trunk load of stuff over there in advance and I E mailed the hotel. Their reply was that I have no reservations in their computer system.

A quick call to the WM desk at RCI was answered by Brent who told me that a fax is sent two weeks in advance of the arrival date and not before. Another E mail to the Ramada (including copies of my RCI reservation) got the reply that they don't accept faxes as all their hotel partners have access to the internet reservation system.

Another call to Brent who now told me they send the fax within 48 hours of arrival; when I inquired as to what prevents the Ramada from giving my unit away to somebody else, he informed me that they can't because RCI owns the unit since it was a timeshare unit deposited by a homeowner. If it was a timeshare unit and not a rental, why wasn't it in the inventory in the first place ? and why couldn't I exchange for it ? instead of having to rent it at a much increased price?

It gets worse from here! I asked to speak to a supervisor (Sherry) who told me that they don't make the reservation this far in advance because the Ramada doesn't have a big enough computer system to hold all these reservations !

When I insisted upon getting some kind of a confirmation because I don't want to show up in London and find out that I don't have a reservation, her comment was that she "has done all that RCI is required to do and doesn't have any obligation to do any more !"

Now, I'm asking you, Madge, How can I get RCI to make this reservation in a timely manner so that I can get a confirmation from the Ramada ?

Alan North

Last edited:

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Alan-

For a quicker reply directly to your question about YOUR account I suggest that you e-mail RCI directly at the address below. Give the full details. In the subject line of your e-mail be sure to include "TUG needs Madge's QUICK help", or something like that. When they see TUG and Madge it moves it up the line in response time.

Technically this board is for questions of a general nature, not ones specific to an individual problem. You also will get a better, more direct answer directly from RCI since Madge doesn't read our boards every day.

Good Luck,

feedback@rci.com

Hope this helps.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alan,

I was made aware of your message and responded personally. I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through with these reservations. We'll get it figured out!

ALNORCPA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Madge for your personal reply. I am looking forward to getting some kind of a confirmation from the Ramada in London.

The uncertaintly of not knowing for sure that we have a reservation is putting a damper on our plans.

Alan North

ALNORCPA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge,

Today, I received your most recent E mail with a copy of a letter from the reservations manager at the Ramada Docklands in London confirming that we do have reservations for two units starting on July 14th.

I can't thank you enough for your intervention and help in getting this cleared up. You really are the 'turn to' gal at RCI.

It is so nice to know that we won't be sleeping on a park bench in Picadilly Square !

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
ALNORCPA,

It's our business to be sure you don't have to worry about that! Sorry you had such a scare.