• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

can't get a week in my season at GO

burg1121

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions. every time we check there is no availability
thanks in advance

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
What is your season? Are you trying to book for 2008 or 2009?

laxmom

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
Reaction score
Need just a little more info. When are you planning to travel?

pfrass

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding was that a week in your season is guaranteed.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Maybe OP means "no availability" when they want to go.

tlwmkw

Reaction score
burg 1121,

How far ahead are you trying to book? You may need to call exactly 12 months ahead if you are having problems. I thought that GO had small enough seasons so that you had a reasonable chance of getting what you want. If you are trying for only the most popular weeks that may also be a problem.

tlwmkw

Werner Weiss

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding was that a week in your season is guaranteed.
If someone calls for reservation before the beginning of the season, then there has to be availability — not for any possible week, but for at least one week within the season. So, yes, in this way, "a week in your season is guaranteed." (Some resorts may require reservation at least 60 days out, the so-called "breakage period," or unreserved inventory may go into rental inventory for income to the HOA.)

There is a direct correlation between deeded ownerships and weeks of potential occupancy.

However, once a season has begun, there is no guarantee that an owner can get a reservation within the season. If the first few weeks of the season had some unreserved villas, then some capacity during that season went unused, and some owners who didn't plan ahead may be completely out of luck.

Anyone who wants a specific week, especially a high-demand week within a season, needs to make a reservation as soon as possible.

Last edited:

laxmom

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
Reaction score
That's all assuming that the OP owns at GO. The post doesn't state that now that I reread it.

Werner Weiss

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's all assuming that the OP owns at GO. The post doesn't state that now that I reread it.

The topic name is "can't get a week in my season at GO."

To me, that suggests the OP owns a week in a particular season at GO. But perhaps I'm misreading it.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
The topic name is "can't get a week in my season at GO."

To me, that suggests the OP owns a week in a particular season at GO. But perhaps I'm misreading it.

Wow! $35,000 and a little uncertainty when you can travel gets you zip! This is exactly why I owned a Fixed Week at Monarch. To some, not as desirable, but it was always there when I wanted it.

GEORGE

taffy19

Reaction score
You need to request it exactly 12 months out with an atomic clock. :rolleyes: We, on the west coast, have to get ready before 6 AM so you have a few extra hours of sleep. ;)

Also, if you don't get a reservation, try it a few hours later or that same week again and it may surprise you because your week may be available anyway as someone may have canceled already.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Assuming you are seeking a week for 2009, you are guaranteed a week during your season. However, as Emmy ("iconnections") suggests, you'll need to be an active and early planner if you expect to get one of the most in-demand weeks from late June through early August.

Since GO has check-ins on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, you'll want to try for your week of choice 12 months to the day before a Friday check-in (the earliest check-in day for any week) for a week you want. Thus, for example, if you want to check in on Friday, August 14, Saturday, August 15 or Sunday August 16, 2009, you would try to reserve at exactly 9:00 Eastern time 12 months in advance of August 14, 2009. That means trying on Thursday, August 14, 2008.

Rather than relying solely on the website, you should consider calling Marriott Ownership Services to make your reservation and to find out what weeks are currently available.