• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can't create a GC

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi tuggers

When I try to add a GC to my reservation, i'm able to enter in all the info, but when I continue the total amount due is 0$

I choose 2 adults, 1 and child.

If I continue from there, no GC is created. I have tried several times but I can't seem to create the GC. My vacation is "paid" for in points and not cash.

Have anyone else any problems in creating GC's

regards

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm There must be something wrong with my account. Just tried my other HGVC account and there I will be billed the fee for creating GC's

wierd.

regards

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
So do you have an affiliate account and a true HGVC account? That may be the GC difference.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
So do you have an affiliate account and a true HGVC account? That may be the GC difference.

Your are correct that I have an affiliate and a true HGVC account. But as many others have that too, I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

regards

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You may have to call in to do it. If they charge more for doing it over the phone, let them know you couldn't do it online and they will charge you the online price.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have 2 accounts, an affiliate and a true HGVC. I make all of my reservations on ONLY one of the accounts. I do this by calling HGVC and having them move my affiliate resort points to my HGVC account, once my MF have been paid. Then all of my reservations are made from my account that has my ELITE status.

Even if you don't have elite It might be easier to do all your bookings in one account.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I have 2 accounts, an affiliate and a true HGVC. I make all of my reservations on ONLY one of the accounts. I do this by calling HGVC and having them move my affiliate resort points to my HGVC account, once my MF have been paid. Then all of my reservations are made from my account that has my ELITE status.

Even if you don't have elite It might be easier to do all your bookings in one account.

I do the same. I'm not Elite but I just have them move my points from my Seapointe to the same log in as my Waikoloa.

You get more flexibility when it's all in one.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have already thought of that, but since my affiliate is the Vilamoura in Portugal I need that property to use my priority window for booking my home resort.

I have spoken to HGVC they said my account wasen't setup correctly so the GC part was not working.

I'm on the phone with them now to se if they have solved the problem by now.

regards

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
So now it fixed.

My vilamoura account is missing some sort of a feature, which they need to add.

So to get my problem resolved now, they cancelled my reservation and moved my points to my true HGVC account, from there they re-booked the reservation and created the GC.

My vilamoura account should be ready within a few days or so. Now its not that urgent, since I have the GC on my other account.

regards.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
What's a GC?
Sorry .... to me it's a nucleotide pairing in DNA

Guest Certificate

nlehvac

Reaction score
Ah!!!!! THANKS! Figured it had to be something I never had to deal with!