• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

Tens of thousands of subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancelling RCI weeks contract through Sunset World Resorts

Arcelin

Reaction score
Do anyone have an experience dealing with these RCI agents?
I am trying to cancel my contract because of all the things I’ve read here about Sunset World.
I’ve already e-mailed them about cancellation and knowing about the 5 days window of cancellation.
I’ve also been in contact with my bank but they are not helping because for them, the merchant should be the one to cancel the payment.

Is MexLaw (Mexican Law-International Standards) legit or are they scammers too trying to get money from already unfortunate individuals that already been scammed by the RCI?

Arcelin

Reaction score
I’ve signed the contract October 16, 2024 Wednesday; sent an e-mail October 19, 2024; have been contacted by my agent October 22, 2024 that they are offering a lower package, just email that I will not be cancelling anymore (I did not do this).

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect they are scammers. If you got an unsolicited call, that pretty much cements it. If you are a long term 'owner' just stop paying. Your contract will be cancelled if you don't pay.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
OK now it appears you are trying to rescind a new purchase. If so, send a letter (I/We wish to cancel and rescind this purchase. . . .) to their business office. Also copy PROFECO with this. You should get it cancelled, and might even get refunded, but know that you won't be the first person scammed.

Jim

Arcelin

Reaction score
I already sent an e-mail October 19, will that suffice or should I send a registered mail.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I already sent an e-mail October 19, will that suffice or should I send a registered mail.
If there is an address, send a registered mail too. Keep copies of the mail and receipt confirmation and a copy of the contract including the recision clause in the event you need to request a charge back.
Remember everyone who signed the initial contract needs to sign and date the cancellation.
You just need to include as stated above:
(Names) Which to rescind/cancel the contract number ...... For.(name of resort)..signed on (date).
You may include the location you signed the contract.

You do not have to state a reason why you cancelled and you do not need to have a reason.

Did you pay with a credit card or debit card?
If you paid with a credit card, you have usually up to 60 days to dispute the charge. The credit card company can not refuse to open a dispute as you have a contract and you complied with the terms of the contract. Just give it a month or so to see if the resort automatically refunds the money.

You do not need to speak with anyone else other than your credit card company. There will not be any extra fees or taxes to cancel. Do not pay anyone a dime (well other than the post office to mail the letter).

Arcelin

Reaction score
Now the agent is saying that we will have to pay 10k to 15k CAD if we will cancel because of the fees and the cost of our free stay. But that is way over the prices indicated here.
IMG_1286.jpeg

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mexican timeshares are the worst. Stay far away. Most US and Canadian timeshares that trade through RCI or II will let you trade into a Mexican resort, so there is no need to own there.