• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancelling a WM reservation and Exchanging into Orlando

pmccruden

TUG Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this is in the wrong area. It seems to be both a WM question and an exchange question. I also posted it on the WM Owners Group.

We are meeting friends in Orlando for Thanksgiving and already have our reservation for a Three Bedroom at WM Nov 22-29. So its two couples and they have two teens (boy and girl) and we have two teens (both girls). Although I think the three bedroom will work it may be a bit cramped esp. when you add in the boy teen. We were going to have the couples in the Master Bedrooms and the girls in the third bedroom and the boy on the sofa. So is their an economical way to trade into Orlando using approx the same number of WM credts (13,000) and get two two bedrooms at the same resort? Or is it way too late given the popularity of Thanksgiving.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Many people find that with WM, cancelling and getting two rooms makes a great deal of sense. BUT if it was me, I'd wait till 59 days before travel (the flexchange time period). Then reserve 2 rooms thru II in flexchange and you'll get each room for just 4000 WM points.

This will be harder because of the thanksgiving week and you may not get as nice of resort. But I'd bet you can get a Marriott during that time period if you're lucky.

PS keep your 3 bd unit as a backup till you get the 2 other units you want.

Last edited:

pmccruden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I'm not an II member. I am in RCI. Will that work the same?

P.S. I apologize for the duplicate post. Should have read the rules.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Yes, it will work for RCI too but instead of 59 days it 45(??)days.

The other option is to pay a small fee and rent a studio at the WM resort in orlando.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will need to wait to 45 days (I believe you can cancell your WM up to 30 days) and you won't get Marriott

II has no way of knowing that your 13000 points are not available so if you were an II member you would book the two 4K's, pay the exchange fee cancell the 13 K 3 Bedroom and have 5 K for your next vacation

Bill4728

Reaction score
You will need to wait to 45 days (I believe you can cancell your WM up to 30 days) and you won't get Marriott

II has no way of knowing that your 13000 points are not available so if you were an II member you would book the two 4K's, pay the exchange fee cancell the 13 K 3 Bedroom and have 5 K for your next vacation
Marriott trade in II not RCI, but you could get Hilton or Sheraton or Orange lake All which are nice.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the brevity was at work, the Net Nazi's don't appreciate using corporate bandwidth for message boarding . . . . . . . . .:shrug:

I would assume you can reserve the quality week in RCI without giving up you WM reservation in the 45 day window . . . It works that way in II

Marriotts only trade in II

mtribe

Reaction score
Orange lake country club is an easy get we got two weeks there during spring break on flex time. It was a very nice resort.