• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancelling a DC points reservation

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Called to cancel an upcoming Aruba Surf Club reservation 3/31-4/6 this morning...and was pleasantly surprised a Marriot Vacation Club advisor picked up in 20 minutes to cancel the reservation...there is hope folks

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I just called to cancel a 4/1 check-in ressie I had....about 25 min wait time.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
10 minutes wait time at 9:00 sharp this morning. Then midcancellation an earthquake rocked the CSR's home (they are working from home in Utah because the offices are closed due to COVID-19). A couple of minutes later she confirmed everything was OK. And she then cancelled my reservation.

As always, amazing reps working above and beyond.

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question, we also have reservation 4/4-4/11 using destination points. Are they putting your points into a holding account where you can make reservations 120 days prior, but these points terminate on 12/31?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Question, we also have reservation 4/4-4/11 using destination points. Are they putting your points into a holding account where you can make reservations 120 days prior, but these points terminate on 12/31?
Correct...into holding account that can be used 120 days prior to check in on a new ressie. Expiration date remains whatever they were to start with, so if they were calendar year 2020 points that expired 12/31/2020, then that expiration date remains.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

The points termination date is unchanged from whatever it was before reservation. If you had borrowed next years points for example, they terminate next year. The holding account has always existed, it just was 60 days in advance, they've given us 120 days now during this event.

mbstn6254

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mariott Vacation Club
Just used their online form to cancel a reservation in DC on May 21. lets see what happens.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
my Points were placed in a holding account...100 DC Points expire 1/29/2021 and the rest expire 12/31/2021....I will have no problem using them way before they expire

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just used their online form to cancel a reservation in DC on May 21. lets see what happens.
If I were you I would call tomorrow morning (if you can). You will be 63 days out...you don't want to let your cancellation go unconfirmed and have your points stuck in a holding account.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I were you I would call tomorrow morning (if you can). You will be 63 days out...you don't want to let your cancellation go unconfirmed and have your points stuck in a holding account.

Yes, and if you can't get thru on the phone you may want to consider cancelling on line.......

covman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called at exactly 9 AM this morning and was live with Arlene at 9:02. Cancelled an Ocean Pointe reservation starting this weekend. My wife is the lead for her social service organization's COVID-19 response team, so no way we could have down time right now.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Called MVC this afternoon to cancel a DC Points reservation to Marriot Custom House 5/1-5/7.....used the call back option this time and a Vacation Club advisor got back to me in an hour and took care of the cancellation..points went back in a holding account..these points are set to expire 12/31/2020...will be using them for a summer vacation and/or adding days to a confirmed November vacation