• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Canceling a reservation in Interval International

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm picky about how I set up my ongoing searches in Interval but I also have a wide list of dream destinations and areas. So when something matches up, it's usually for somewhere I've really wanted to go to.

That said, something matched up overnight in Interval, but it was too close in time to something else I had booked, so I called Interval to cancel. It took 18 minutes for the phone call to be completed. The rep apologized and asked if I minded being put on hold, but honestly, what choice did I have.

Listen up a interval. I hate having to call in to cancel. Why can't it be done online like RCI does. Are you not technologically capable of allowing that? Do you make people call in just so you can irritate them and waste their time?

Not that Interval will all of a sudden change their policy to make it easier for us, but I feel better for venting.

Oh, and one more thing, the rep reminded me I had 24 hours from the time the unit was confirmed to call in to cancel, not 24 hours from when the email was sent. The email was sent a little after midnight. I called at eight am. I had checked my account before turning in for the night and could see all my deposited weeks still had pending requests so nothing had matched up as of 10 pm. I told the rep that to mollify her. In another scenario, it would be my burden to prove when the unit was confirmed? Interval, how would I do that?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree that this is a small (seemingly easy to implement) change that would go a long way toward enhancing my member experience with II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk