• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can you purchase HGVC Points?

lonandter

Reaction score
I am in the process of buying 3400 pts HGVC Flamingo Vegas, but I want to spend most of my time at HGVC Waikiki. Can I purchase additional points? :cool:

wen92131

Reaction score
You can't buy HGVC points per se, but you can borrow from your next year. Or, you can do what I did, which is buy another timeshare at Flamingo (or elsewhere that's relatively more affordable) and apply the points for use in Hawaii.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I believe that gold and silver weeks in sw Florida will get you the lowest cost per hgvc point. I prefer the gold because the silver maint fee are high for the amount of points you get.

You can get gold points in sw Florida for .97 to 1.15 per point. the maint fee is a little higher than Vegas but considering the price i like it better. You can also trade the sw florida resorts with II and SfX and get bonus weeks from both.

RCi has never offered me a bonus week for my hgvc week

PortableTech

TUG Member
Reaction score
At any given location, for a given room type, the silver, gold, and platnium are the same maintance fee price per year. The only difference is the initial cost of the unit. So for long term I personally would recomend only buying platnium weeks, but that is just me.

Doug

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Doug said:
At any given location, for a given room type, the silver, gold, and platnium are the same maintance fee price per year. The only difference is the initial cost of the unit. So for long term I personally would recomend only buying platnium weeks, but that is just me.

Doug

I tend to base my timeshare purchase over 10 years.

purchase price + 10 years maint fee/10 = annual cost/# points=10 year cost per point

Every time I run this number the gold weeks come out better.

If you run the numbers for 20 years than platinum comes out better

I dont mind planning a vacation two years out but I dont want to count on owning the same time share for more than 10 years

based on my purchase price + closing costs and my maint fee's for 2005 the cost per point was .2426 per hgvc point.

I would be interested if i can get this lower by buying a plat. week.

If I was lucky and got a 2 bedroom plat week for 11,000.00 and maint fee as low as 650.00 I would still have a cost per hgvc point of .25

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Jim, HGVC was a great choice for you!

If we sell some of our weeks, it is very likely that we will jump in with both feet. Did you purchase through Seth Nock? He was very helpful when I had questions.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
rickandcindy23 said:
If we sell some of our weeks, it is very likely that we will jump in with both feet. Did you purchase through Seth Nock? He was very helpful when I had questions.

I did purchase with seth and would do it again. He was very helpful