• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can you name this movie?

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've search IMDb and still can't find it. Only saw the last part of the movie. Think it was made 50's-60's.

Plot:

Young couple has difficulties and separate. Movie focuses on the new woman he meets while estranged from wife. Her parents ask her to leave him alone so he can focus on his wife and work out their differences. Daughter argues that they wouldn't understand because they have such a good marriage. This leads to a scene where parents go through list of times they told each other they wanted out of the marriage or when wife said she hated her husband. All this is news to the daughter because they didn't air their fights in front of her.

I don't remember the actors but the young woman is a starry eyed brunette. The estranged wife is blond.

sun&fun

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a sub-plot of "The Best Years of Our Lives" but it's been awhile since I've watched that one.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
How old is the movie? Black and white or color?

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just deleted my post. Did not read that it was from the 50s - 60s.

-

-

Last edited:

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it was black and white.

Neither of the movies mentioned.

sun&fun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not "The Best Years of Our Lives"? It sure sounds like it to me (See wikipedia entry)

Before the war, Fred had been an unskilled drugstore soda jerk. He wants something better, but the tight postwar job market forces him to return to his old job. Fred had met Marie (Virginia Mayo) while in flight training and married her shortly afterward, before shipping out less than a month later. She became a nightclub waitress while Fred was overseas. Marie makes it clear she does not enjoy being married to a lowly soda jerk.

Homer was a football quarterback and became engaged to his next door neighbor, Wilma (Cathy O'Donnell), before joining the Navy. Both Homer and his parents now have trouble dealing with his disability. He does not want to burden Wilma with his handicap so he eventually pushes her away, although she still wants to marry him.

Peggy meets Fred while bringing her father home from a bar where the three men meet once again. They are attracted to each other. Peggy dislikes Marie, and informs her parents she intends to end Fred and Marie's marriage, but they tell her that their own marriage overcame similar problems. Concerned, Al demands that Fred stop seeing his daughter. Fred agrees, but the friendship between the two men is strained.

Dana Andrews is Fred
Theresa Wright is young brunette
Virgina Mayo is blond wife

Myrna Loy and Frederic March as Peggy's parents, Millie and Al.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
You're right. I missed that in the synopsis. That's the one. Thank you very much.

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
Thanks for posting

Quite often, those movies from another life time are dated and do not hold up well....of course there are exceptions and I think this might be one of them.

My oldest son is separated from his wife. They were so happy when they were first married. My youngest son is dating a girl whose father is on his fourth marriage. I just learned at work yesterday that this is very common...to have 3, 4 or fifth marriages

I know that I love my husband deeply. We have been married for over 35 years. But a few years ago we went through a terrible time in our marriage and almost walked away from each other. I think it is because I am so stubborn, and he finally came to his senses......that we are still together. Still not sure...I can not look back over those years and see them objectively...there was too much pain and dark days. However, today I would not trade my life with my husband for all the gold in the world.

So, I would like to see this movie...hopefully it is as good as it sounds.....thanks for posting. I am getting tired of the Hollywood glitz....and we have been watching a lot of great television off Netflix...but that is another story.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup, it's always because the man came to his senses....because, you know, men don't have sense. :banana:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your a red blooded American male you would never Guess it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sun&fun

TUG Member
Reaction score
The movie is pretty dated and a little sentimental, but worth watching IMO. I have always been a huge fan of Myrna Loy.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I saw this movie a few years ago. The guy who played Homer was an actual war hero who lost both of his arms. I believe he won an academy award for his part.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
The movie is pretty dated and a little sentimental, but worth watching IMO. I have always been a huge fan of Myrna Loy.

Harold Russell played Homer, he lost his hand in a tnt explosion. He won two acadamey awards for Best Years of Our Lives, one supporting actor, second for being an inspiration to disabled vets.
He sold his Academey Award later to pay his wife's medical bills while she was battling cancer.
I watched this movie a few years ago, it is very good!
Also just watched From Here to Eternity another old but very good movie!
Silentg