• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can you believe this eBay garbage?

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had to post this ad on eBay not just because of the ridiculous asking price for Vistana Villages - $23500 for 81,000 staroptions (if the information is correct) but for the lister's response when I tried to correct him regarding star points. He indicated in the ad that the yearly star points can transfer and when I sent him an email about the error, he not only told me that I was wrong but that you can accumulate star options for 5 years for a massive vacation - who would have thought that these great features of Starwood have been missed by all of us.

Oh well, at least this ***** will be out his eBay listing fee and maybe in the future will actually list a timeshare with accurate information and a reasonable list price.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Frank, your link is for a listing for building 23, wouldn't that be Amelia? Glad that these two listings are priced too high for some one to be taken advantage of.

I agree, looks like the same unit but under different user accounts.

Last edited:

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have received a couple of emails from this seller after trying to get his ad corrected and I am still not certain if he is a scammer or a victim. He is adamant that the ability to transfer staroptions to starpoints transfers with a resale. Maybe it is wishful thinking on his part and maybe he really does believe that he can get $20+K for a VV resale. If he is legit I invited him over here to get an education in Starwood.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
People will say anything to scam other out of $$$$$!

The second ad was a person who bought from the developer and just wants to break even. I feel badly that this person was scammed because she won't find a buyer. :( I don't consider innocent victims of scam artists (developers's salespeople) to be scammers themselves.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy, the 2 ads are for the same unit just listed under different eBay id's. As the 2nd ad appears to be for building 23 (???) it would appear that possibly not even staroptions transfers with the resale. I have invited the lister to visit tug for an education as he has resisted all efforts on my part to get the ad corrected regarding the starpoints.

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy, the 2 ads are for the same unit just listed under different eBay id's. As the 2nd ad appears to be for building 23 (???) it would appear that possibly not even staroptions transfers with the resale. I have invited the lister to visit tug for an education as he has resisted all efforts on my part to get the ad corrected regarding the starpoints.

Correct, the Amelia and the St. Augustine phases will not transfer with StarOptions - Voluntary phases. Only Key West and the Bella will transfer

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
The ad has been corrected as far as the starpoints! I still don't know which section the unit is in and if the staroptions will transfer. I'm starting to believe that the lister is legit and was just passing on misinformation from his original sales person.