• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can this be listed in the Deals Section?

SJHawkins

Reaction score
We have a few TS we are wanting to move (still, long story).

In my mind the resort is doing its best to help in the resale market. They set up a listing company for the resort, the resort is really made up with a number of associations.

To make a long story longer we have listed the units for sale some time ago, cheapest one the site I believe, $200.

In a nut shell I would like to list the units here on TUG in the deals section with link to the listing for a $1.

Some verbiage like, make an offer for a $1, Owner pays all transfer fees, etc. In turn the agent would present the offer to us and we would accept it.

See any issue doing this?

The link below is one of the listing, mods if the link is not allowed please kindly remove.

[Deleted]

Thanks in advance.

db

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You can post the individual Ads on the Bargain Deals forum - please group them all in one post, and update the thread, as necessary.

You can't post a link to an outside commercial website.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
In a nut shell I would like to list the units here on TUG in the deals section with link to the listing for a $1.

Some verbiage like, make an offer for a $1, Owner pays all transfer fees, etc. In turn the agent would present the offer to us and we would accept it.
If you can't post the link, you can put in your post to contact you for details on where to submit the offer. Do you need to keep this sale through the other listing? If it's been up there longer than you contracted them to list it, you may just want to have them remove it and transfer it yourself.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if you are giving them away for $1, you can certainly post them there.

also if it is the resort that is handling these specifically, i can provide them with a free TUG membership to post their ads in the marketplace so anyone looking at the ratings/reviews of the resort will see the free ads there as well.

shoot me an email...we are always happy to work with resorts to help them in this way.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
So the cost is $1 + agent fees? How much are the agent fees?

cheapest one the site I believe, $200.

Last edited:

SJHawkins

Reaction score
If you can't post the link, you can put in your post to contact you for details on where to submit the offer. Do you need to keep this sale through the other listing? If it's been up there longer than you contracted them to list it, you may just want to have them remove it and transfer it yourself.

We are still under contract, and to be honest I would just keep it with them anyway.

I don't want to be involved in anyway, or at least as minimum as possible. Think family!

SJHawkins

Reaction score
So the cost is $1 + agent fees? How much are the agent fees?

We would pay all the agent, transfer fees etc. whatever it take for the new Owner to get it for a $1.

I don't recall the agent fees, I think the minimum is $300-$400. They have been helpful, no issues paying them.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just to clarify - are you saying that the resort will pay the agent fees on all the units advertised, or are you just talking about your personal units for sale?

No offense, but fees of $300-$400+ for a free timeshare are on the high side, and that's probably why they aren't moving.

Last edited:

SJHawkins

Reaction score
Just to clarify - are you saying that the resort will pay all the agent fees, or are you just talking about your personal units for sale?

Personal units, will pay all fees whatever they are (agent, title, etc.) to move/sell the units for a $1 each.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, on the other units that the resort is trying to sell, the buyer has to pay the agent fees of $300-$400 minimum, and the minimum price is $200 + Agent Fees.

While your listing will qualify for the Bargain Deals forum, I'm not sure the resort's Ads will, since they will be $500 and up.

Last edited:

SJHawkins

Reaction score
So, on the other units that the resort is trying to sell, the buyer has to pay the agent fees of $300-$400 minimum, and the minimum price is $200 + Agent Fees.

While your listing will qualify for the Bargain Deals forum, I'm not sure the resort's Ads will, since they will be $500 and up.

We will pay all fees for all the units(3) whatever they are. The 3 units we are talking about here are currently listed for $200.

To keep it on the up I don't see giving the listing agents link, I would just send it via PM if someone is truly interested.

Edit: I think I get what you are getting at, I don't have a clue what others are paying to the agent or have any clue of pricing, offers etc. In other words I don't care about the other sellers:)

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm sorry - When you say "we," do you mean the resort management will pay the fees for all units?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OK - So you are just talking about posting your OWN units - not all of them for the resort. Thanks for clarifying and good luck!

Last edited:

SJHawkins

Reaction score
OK - So you are just talking about posting your OWN units - not all of them for the resort. Thanks for clarifying and good luck!

Yep, that's it.

I get something posted in the next few weeks.