• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

can the week be used for less than 7 days?

socal4me

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
hi,
so let's say I have a reserved week, and something comes up where I cannot get away for the entire week, do any properties allow for less than a week stay?

thanks,
Carol

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume you're talking about weeks, not points. I can't speak about points. For a week's reservation, you can check in later than the check in date - but you need to let them know that you won't be there on the original date. You can leave early and check out with no problems. I also have left mid week and returned without informing anyone. But if you stay less than a week, don't expect to get any days credit or a cash refund.

Sue

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
In theory it is your's to do with as you wish.

Practically, if delayed in checking in, you should contact the the resort and inform them. Otherwise they may use an unoccupied unit to solve other problems. Smoke issues, maintenance issues etc. by switching units.

Not a problem in leaving early, some resorts will attempt to rent the extra days so checking out means checking out, I've often wondered what they would do if I reappeared. If you need to leave for a day or two mid stay it is best not to inform the resort to avoid any issues.

Rereading your question it is possible you are asking about something else and I have misinterpretered your question, if so, details would help.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Showed Up Wednesday For Our Sunday Timeshare Check-In.

The Chief Of Staff's back was torqued so bad last January that we had to put off driving to Florida till she was feeling better.

We notified the timeshare where we had an RCI reservation that we'd be delayed by a day or so, then kept them informed as the indefinite delay evolved into a specific day & approximate time.

No problem.

When we showed up on our delayed basis, they were expecting us. We checked right in & had a nice time for the rest of our backache-shortened timeshare week.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Although you can't arrange it at the last minute, some timeshares (ie. Marriott Manor Club) permits you to split your 7 nights into 2 segments - a 3 night and a 4 night stay at different times of the year. I think there's probably a fee to do this.

Brian