• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can someone with Access or owns at Fairfield Sapphire Valley check availability for me?

troy12n

Reaction score
Looking to reserve a unit week of Christmas and New Years. I should have no problem booking, but shows no availability in January at all... I should be able to book that whole week up through 1/10 at least. I will call tomorrow, but I wanted to see if anyone else saw anything different. I actually want to check out 1/3. I can book through 1/2.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Looking to reserve a unit week of Christmas and New Years. I should have no problem booking, but shows no availability in January at all... I should be able to book that whole week up through 1/10 at least. I will call tomorrow, but I wanted to see if anyone else saw anything different. I actually want to check out 1/3. I can book through 1/2.
I have Access and I see lots of availability in December but none in January.

troy12n

Reaction score
I have Access and I see lots of availability in December but none in January.

Thank you for looking, in theory you should have the ability to book through April 11 2021, do you see anything in Feb, Mar or April?

It seems completely unlikely that the resort is completely booked right now for the entire month of January. I wonder if the resort is shutting down for maintenance or something.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Consider calling the resort and tell them what your not seeing. I see this happen regularly with my 2 New Orleans resorts where several months are blocked out. If I call Wyndham they will give the inventory is being realigned speel. I usually email the a resort contact directly and ask them what’s going on or alert them to what’s going on. Always have received an explanation and it always gets resolved on the website.

troy12n

Reaction score
After 2 calls to the VC's (one of which got transferred to Owner Care) and one call to the resort, the issue, according to Owner Care is, no availability has been "released" by the resort for the Calendar Year of 2021 and beyond yet.

The person I spoke to at the resort disputes this, and Owner Care is looking into it further, trying to get the availability released. So I guess i'm in a hold. It's not just me (as discovered by a few people on here as well as OC), so it's not something they can give me a timeline on when it can be fixed...

I've not experienced this before, but apparently it's common in resorts where Wyndham shares units with other timeshare companies.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
It's not unusual for availability at a resort over a period of several month to show nothing. Even when you previously saw plenty of availability. Wait a few weeks and then it's back. I've noticed that this happens most frequently at resorts that have lock off units. The resorts have to reconcile their inventory.

I had an interesting situation this week. I was trying to make a reservation and the smaller unit wouldn't upgrade. It was an accessible unit and the features were the same so should have upgraded. I called in to have a VC take a look at it. She checked to make sure the units had the same features and it wouldn't upgrade for her either so she sent me over to Owner Care. The Owner Care rep looks at the resort and says there's nothing to upgrade it to. Huh, there were four different available options for a two bedroom unit but she couldn't see anything at all except the smaller unit. She refreshed her screen several times and still couldn't see anything so asked me to see if it would let me book a larger unit and it did. Once I had the larger unit booked and she could see the reservation in my account she then refunded me the point difference. I was having a what in the world moment and not thinking fast enough before I got off the phone to ask if she'd ever had it happen that she couldn't see availability that the owner could see and book. Also wished I had asked her if she would be reporting the issue.

troy12n

Reaction score
This was fixed as of the last day or two. I opened a case with Owner Care AND called the resort manager to notify me when they input the inventory for 2022 into the system, and had not heard back from either of them in a while, so i've been checking every couple days myself. I checked today and inventory was there. I was able to re-book my reservations for the entire length I had originally intended...

If anyone else was looking to book in 2022 at this resort, you can now.