• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can I request a room upgrade through Marriott?

rarotonga01

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should post this here or on the exchange thread...Anyway, I am not a Marriott owner, but I traded a studio unit in Cabo Club Casa Dorada Spa & Golf for an efficiency at Marriott Desert Springs II for the week of spring break via II flexchange. We are only planning to stay for the weekend and we have 2 young children with us so it would be nice to have a 1 bedroom. Is it possible to request a room upgrade via either Marriott or II? If so, how do I do this? Since I was subject to the 60 day flexchange window I decided to nab the efficiency even though it wasn't ideal. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Lisa

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Lisa - It is nearly impossible to get a room upgrade with a II trade. A more likely scenario is to keep checking online at II, and if you see a 1 bdm. you can:
1) Call II
2) Tell them you want to exchange for the 1 bdm.
3) Forfeit your first exchange fee
4) Pay another exchange fee.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the suggestions Denise has given. Marriott resorts won't upgrade a unit to a larger unit. It just doesn't happen, even if you have platinum status with Marriott Rewards. They give you the type of unit you received in the exchange.

Empty Nest

TUG Member
Reaction score
At that time of year the desert properties are totally booked up. It 'could' happen that one pops up--but very unlikely.

DH is one of those people who likes to check on availability just for fun every day. Nothing has been showing up for March.

The other bad news is that multiple week Marriott owners will be there at that time, and they get assigned the better locations.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another option is to look for a 1 bedroom online at marriott.com and pay for the room or use marriott rewards points if available.