• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can I get Wyndham points by depositing non Wyndham property with Wyndham?

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
My mind was blown away by this Wyndham sales guy who said that I could get 308,000 club wyndham points annually if I combined my Grandview Las Vegas ownership with a 92,000 points annual club wyndham purchase at Myrtle Beach Ocean Boulevard (the purchase of course needed to happen immediately).

I believe he said that this is something available to VIP member with 400k annual points or more. Hence the need to compliment my possible 308k points with a 92k points contract.

I declined (of course) but I had never heard of that.

Have you heard of depositing a non-wyndham property and getting club wyndham points?

That would be nice, but I'm afraid I either misunderstood or the salesperson was pulling my leg (big surprise).

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Look up "PIC " (personal interval points) in your Wyndham Member Directory.

Currently, only good for a 5 year conversion ... used to be lifetime and YOU have to buy developer (the big $ points) to get this option.

IMHO ... for 5 years ability to convert yearly to Wyndham points, NOT WORTH IT. Your loan would NOT even be paid off yet.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Need more information to answer the question. First was the term PIC mentioned? Your non Wyndham TS, weeks or points? How many points did he want you to buy?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Look up "PIC " (personal interval points) in your Wyndham Member Directory.

Currently, only good for a 5 year conversion ... used to be lifetime and YOU have to buy developer (the big $ points) to get this option.

IMHO ... for 5 years ability to convert yearly to Wyndham points, NOT WORTH IT. Your loan would NOT even be paid off yet.
Not totally true. The VIP for lifetime is alive and well. If the TS is deeded, and cannot be deposited into RCI, as points, !lifetime VIP is possible, I know this to be true because I am for life VIP gold. You cannot ever sell those timeshares or you will lose VIP. Best of all I did it with a Mexico TS that have no annual MF. Forgot, it can be a floating TS.

Last edited:

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Need more information to answer the question. First was the term PIC mentioned? Your non Wyndham TS, weeks or points? How many points did he want you to buy?

My non wyndham TS is a 98000 RCI points Grand View Las Vegas.
The salesguy said that I could get 308000 Club Wyndham points for that.
He wanted me to buy a 92K points club wyndham contract because, according to what he said, I would need to be a VIP member with 400k Wyndham points to take advantage of being able to deposit my non-Wyndham TS.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was the salesman's lips moving?

RCI weeks held/converted to RCI POINTS do NOT convert to Wyndham points.

PIC is ONLY for RCI Weeks intervals .... please either check the ONLINE Wyndham Member directory or the paper form.

I own both intervals at an RCI resort in RCI Points and Weeks. I have PIC - the OLDER and permanent form ... but had to be my RCI Weeks deeds.

The rules for PIC changed in the last 5 years .... and the newest directory follows those NEW rules. It is a "HOOK" to give an experience RCI owner a "taste" (like a drug dealer would give) a VIP level (usually GOLD level) with their Wyndham ownership. Silver VIP is marginal in benefit level in Wyndham (again, IMHO)... GOLD is so MUCH better. Plus MORE Guest Certificates and an RARP priority booking window (having to do with ARP booking).

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
You were right and Vacationhopefull sinerio plays out. Would only be temporary VIP. Points do not qualify for lifetime VIP. Only deeded or float weeks qualify for lifetime. It's a common practice for Wyndham sales to tell half truths to get a sale. I imagine after the first time you tuned it down they either lowered the price or offered bonus points. If it sound to ggod to be true, it is.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1810647&posted=1#post1810647

What a joke!
According to the web page above, I'd first need to revert my points grandview LV to weeks and then pay wyndham to convert the week to wyndham points.

Those sales guys, when will they learn!
No you don't need to convert back to points. You have to let Wyndham know when you deposited grandview, its turned over to Wyndham, and you get Wyndham points that are no good for ARP lol!

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
No you don't need to convert back to points. You have to let Wyndham know when you deposited grandview, its turned over to Wyndham, and you get Wyndham points that are no good for ARP lol!

Please READ the Member Directory (page 360 under the eligibility requirements) ... weeks converted to RCI Points are NOT eligible for PIC.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
op thought that in order to get the Wyndham points, he would have to pay Wyndham a conversion fee to Wyndham once he deposited to RCI his grandview point based TS that he has to change to weeks. Confused?

The op wanted to know after all that was done, which he understands is stupid, now wanted to know if an additional charge from Wyndham applies. Answer is no.
If you PIC 1 bdrm you get 105000 points, with no extra charges.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
op thought that in order to get the Wyndham points, he would have to pay Wyndham a conversion fee to Wyndham once he deposited to RCI his grandview point based TS that he has to change to weeks. Confused?

The op wanted to know after all that was done, which he understands is stupid, now wanted to know if an additional charge from Wyndham applies. Answer is no.
If you PIC 1 bdrm you get 105000 points, with no extra charges.

You cannot PIC his TS for any points.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
On a successful PIC, of a deeded 1 bedroom week usage, say Vida Mexico, which is worth 105000 Wyndham points if one was to deposit that PIC week, paid the initial cost of PIC, what would Wyndham charge him to use the points Wyndham now gives him?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is what he asked:

"Have you heard of depositing a non-wyndham property and getting club wyndham points?"

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is what he asked:

"Have you heard of depositing a non-wyndham property and getting club wyndham points?"

Hey guys, I understand that RCI points TS are not eligible, and that therefore my GrandView LV,which is an Rci points TS, is not elegible.

However, it seems there is a fee for depositing your non RCI points TS into Wyndham. I understood that fee to occur every year you deposit your non Wyndham, non Rci points TS (your PIC week) with Wyndham.

Are you saying that the fee to deposit your Pic week into Wyndham is a one time fee?

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a $89 fee every year for each PIC week ... whether you deposit it or NOT DEPOSIT it.

I have 2 PIC Weeks ... the $89 for each week is on my financial statement on my member number (on my account) .. I pay it EVERY YEAR (actually, I pay on it every month as my points MFs and costs are drafted monthly out of my bank account).

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply.

I was also wondering, do you have to be a VIP level Wyndham owner to be able to deposit a PIC week?

The salesguy at Wyndham said that was the case.

If I do not need to be a Wyndham VIP level owner, then that should mean that I could buy a small Wyndham contract and have as my PIC week one RCI week TS worth 250k+ Wynhdam points.

Let me know, thanks.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
PIC is a sales OPTION ... there is a minimum number of points you must buy directly from Wyndham.

And I don't know the number of points from Wyndham.

As PIC is a 5 year option NOW ... keep your cheap Grandview week in RCI Points and buy resale Wyndham points. OR just RENT your Wyndham vacation stays from a Platinum VIP ... less hassle and most likely CHEAPER.

PS I have a LOT of RCI Points ... over 220,000 yearly. I recently booked an RCI Points reservation to WDW. I will most likely go look on Wyndham with my RCI Points link and compare the math (yes, developer brought member account is also linked to RCI Points membership along with RCI weeks). And I am dropping the RCI point membership for MOST of those weeks...forms are in the mail to me (not Wyndham managed weeks).

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Salesman lied, the reason for PIC is to get to VIP. In my case I had 21 bedrooms to worth 210,000 points in eligible PIC TSs. I HAD to buy, would not sell less, 190,000 to get to VIP silver. The whole reason, doesn't make sense to do less is to get VIP.

It would be wiser to find a CWA contract resale if you were not going for VIP., or as Vacationhopefull said rent or exchange though RCI.

Vacationhopefull said rent, or exchange though RCI

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Has anyone here who PIC'd a week as part of buying more points had their PIC week end after 5 years?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here who PIC'd a week as part of buying more points had their PIC week end after 5 years?

I don't think "PIC express" has been around 5 years yet. Maybe 3.