• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can I do this??

Cdn Gal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Evening Tuggers! I would like to go to Bonnet Creek 2 days ahead of our cruise in March. The problem is, is that I can only book 3,4, or 7 days at a time since its peak season. Can I book 3 nights, then call back an hour later and change to 2 evenings and cancel one day?? I realize that I would then have cancelled points in my account, but would be using them in the fall, so I am not too worried about the cancelled points. Will they let me do this, or would I lose out on my whole 3 nights?? Thank you as always, your knowledge is invaluable!! :)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Evening Tuggers! I would like to go to Bonnet Creek 2 days ahead of our cruise in March. The problem is, is that I can only book 3,4, or 7 days at a time since its peak season. Can I book 3 nights, then call back an hour later and change to 2 evenings and cancel one day?? I realize that I would then have cancelled points in my account, but would be using them in the fall, so I am not too worried about the cancelled points. Will they let me do this, or would I lose out on my whole 3 nights?? Thank you as always, your knowledge is invaluable!! :)

Short answer is no. If the rule is 3 night reservations minimum than 3 nights it is..

however if you get within 90 days the 3 night minimum is removed. So if there is availability you can make the reservation for the two mights you need, and cancel the three nights you have

If there is no availability you can cancel what you have and hope to rebook the two nights you need, but thats risky. Its possible that the nights wont come back into the system, or someone else might reserve your night before you can grab it

Last edited:

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I realize that I would then have cancelled points in my account, but would be using them in the fall, so I am not too worried about the cancelled points.

What Ron said about trying to get 2 nights.

In addition, just so you know, they made some changes to the system, and I think that cancelled points are no more. The points should go back to where they came from.

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
if you aren't concerned about the points just do the 3 night and check out after 2.

Cdn Gal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all of your replies! I knew that I would get a quicker and far more honest answer from you all, than if I had called Wyndham directly! ;)

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If you have the points, reserve 2 units for 3 nights.

If you aren't platinum, gold, or silver (no upgrades), once within 90 days, cancel one of your reservations and pick up just the 2 nights you want. If successful, cancel your backup. Points return as regular points.

If you are platinum, gold, or silver, wait until you are within the time period needed before taking action.

If you aren't used to cancelling and rebooking, I would call and have a VC handle the cancel/rebook. Call in the morning, screen your VC, be comfortable they know what they are doing. I called late in the day about 2 weeks ago, I'm sure I was training the VC on the cancel/rebook process. It was pretty dicey - trust your gut -- hang up and call back if you don't have warm fuzzies.