• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can I do anything with 175 points?

wballoni

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean platinum
I have 175 points that were banked from last year. I'm heading to MGO in a few weeks and won't be at another Marriott timeshare for the remainder of the year.

Is there anything productive I can do with this small number of points while at MGO (or otherwise) before they expire?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I would combine that with another 150 points and get the $110 resort credit to use for food/beverages/market at GO.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott grand vista
Ko olina
Canyon villas
I would combine that with another 150 points and get the $110 resort credit to use for food/beverages/market at GO.
The maintenance on the borrowed 150 pts is more than the certificate is worth. Might want to just let them go or you can get an off season golf certificate which is only 200 pts and good for a year from when you get it. If you play or know someone who does to gift it to it might be worth $39 to borrow 50 pts 🤷🏼‍♀️

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
You could book a ressy for a fellow TUGger for free here…..

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
I have 175 points that were banked from last year. I'm heading to MGO in a few weeks and won't be at another Marriott timeshare for the remainder of the year.

Is there anything productive I can do with this small number of points while at MGO (or otherwise) before they expire?
I suggest you offer these points to another points owner for free or for a nominal amount and move on. I think Tug has a place where you can offer these free to another user and just transfer them.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I suggest you offer these points to another points owner for free or for a nominal amount and move on. I think Tug has a place where you can offer these free to another user and just transfer them.
Can’t transfer banked points.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sat Sun Mon at Harbour Pointe in Hilton Head during low season (early Dec restart Jan skipping holidays)

Not sure when you go to Grande Ocean, but you can get at least one midweek night any season if you find inventory. Its nice over there by the marina, and you could case it out if you have not been before.

I could go in Dec Jan if you cannot use :<)

Last edited:

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
Destination Escapes start at 180 pts for a 3 night stay in a guest room.