• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can I be sure of the size of my exchange unit?

Piper

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I look for potential exchanges for my one-bedroom for a week this fall, I see many possibilities that include efficiencies, one-bedrooms and two-bedroom. If I check off the two-bedroom for the exchange, am I guaranteed to actually get that size unit even though I'm only trading in a one-bedroom? Any help is appreciated!

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I look for potential exchanges for my one-bedroom for a week this fall, I see many possibilities that include efficiencies, one-bedrooms and two-bedroom. If I check off the two-bedroom for the exchange, am I guaranteed to actually get that size unit even though I'm only trading in a one-bedroom? Any help is appreciated!

WITH RCI - If a 2 bedroom shows as a possible exchange, and that is the unit you choose - that is what your confirmation will say. Since that is what is confirmed then that is what you will get. I have exchanged my 2 bedroom for a 4 bedroom.

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
My studio exchanged into 4 br, 3 br, etc... in II.
I think once you are confirmed, you will get that unit.

geekette

Reaction score
If you can see it, you can book it.

I always keep my paper confirmation, Just In Case, but never a problem.

If you do run into a problem, get RCI involved - I always have their phone number handy at check-in also, but, have never needed it.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
As Geekette suggests, it's a good idea to bring your confirmation. When we checked into a resort in June, they initially gave us a 1br. I pointed out that the confirmation said 2br and they changed it.

I've never been denied the size I reserved.

Sheila

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I regularly exchange my 1bdrm for a 2bdrm. It's through HGVC via RCI but still I've been doing it for years.

Once when we arrived in Kauai that said they the ran out of 2 bdrm units but they would give us 2 1bdrm units. The clerk secretly told me they do this all the time because all the 2 bdrm units were ocean-front. I would have complained but we were in the middle of vacationing with family and moving on to separate units was a welcomed break. :rolleyes:

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
A few years ago, we were travelling with our teenaged daughter, her boyfriend, our son and his best friend. We were confirmed into a 2-bedroom unit 8/6. When we arrived , the unit was only 6/6- one king bed, a double in the 2nd bedroom and a pullout couch. This wouldn't work, as we couldn't put 3 boys in a double bed or on the pullout, so there was nowhere for our daughter to sleep. When I explained the situation to the front desk, they gave us an extra 2-bedroom unit! It was great!

Dori