• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Calling about Priority

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
A while back I read somewhere that people could call and find out their priority number.

I booked exactly one year to the day (Feb 8th) for Feb 8th 2009 check-in.

I also have secured a 2nd villa by renting from another owner but the reservation was just recently made.

Is there a specific number I can call to ask about getting both units in the same building and best possible view?

Shortly after making my reservation in Feb I tried to email mystarcentral and find out my priority number but was told there isn't such a thing and it's based on what's available at check-in. Can anyone confirm or deny this and any suggestion on what I should do to try and get best possible units. (and other then OF, which would those be?)

I have the confirmation numbers for the two 2bd villas and I've also got more family coming with us on the 5 night timeshare package deal and so we have two more Studio Villas on the older property with the possibility of a 3rd. In total there is going to be 19 people and I was wondering if that could work in our favor for getting any upgrades.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or know who would be the best person to call?
TIA

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
When I add things to my reservation, I use mystarcentral.com and then I can print out the response and take it with me. You can also call Owner's Services at the same number where you made the reservation.

Only one of your units has any priority for view, so it is going to be challenging to get 3 or more units all together and get a good view.

Is it more important to you for them to be together, or is it more important to you to get your deeded view for the one unit?

If it's more important to you that they all be together I'd ask for them to all be together and on a high floor.

If it's more important that your one unit get it's deeded view, I wouldn't ask for them all to be together.

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
well i'm not hoping for deeded view since we only on an Island Villa :)

I think the one I found to rent my sister is Oceanview but since it was just booked (less then 8 months in advance) that not guarenteed either.

So my logic is that I i'm hoping Feb 8th will be a low check-in date.

I figure most people probably check in Friday or Saturdays and with Valentines day and Presidents day I'm thinking most people will be coming in on Friday the 13th, thus allowing us first chances for upgrades being Sunday the 8th.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I wish you luck, but getting 3 or more island views upgraded and kept together is going to be real tough. Starwood has a very specific pecking order for upgrades.

Just to clarify, since the OV unit was not reserved at 8 mos. out, it has no priority at all. In fact, it is the equivalent of a Staroption exchange.

The other thing about a Sunday check-in is that fewer units are designated for Sunday, so that may work against you.

Sorry to be negative - just trying to be realistic. I would ask for a high floor with the units all together. Maybe the resort won't be full and you will get lucky!

Last edited: