• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cacun non inclusive timeshares

sbfrench

Reaction score
My husband and I want to go to Cancun in 2009, we would like to stay on the hotel bus route and we want a timeshare with ocean view that is not all inclusive. It just seems like it's getting harder and harder to find one that's all inclusive. I know the Club Regina isn't all inclusive but the reviews are pretty bad. Does anyone have any recommendations for nice non inclusive timeshare.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I want to go to Cancun in 2009, we would like to stay on the hotel bus route and we want a timeshare with ocean view that is not all inclusive. It just seems like it's getting harder and harder to find one that's all inclusive. I know the Club Regina isn't all inclusive but the reviews are pretty bad. Does anyone have any recommendations for nice non inclusive timeshare.

Any of the Royal Resorts - Royal Mayan, Royal Caribbean, Royal Islander, and Royal Sands - all villas have ocean views or are ocean front except for a few at the Mayan. The other Royal is Club Internacional de Cancun - very different than the others, but also lovely. Not all villas will have ocean views.

Explore royalresorts.com and look at the photos on mexicondo.com, and of course read the reviews on tug.

There are other resorts with the word "royal", which are not part of the "Royal Resorts." These are, I believe, "The Royal" and "The Royal Sunset".

sbfrench

Reaction score
I wanted to rent through RCI and the Royal resorts are not part of RCI

Kenrabs

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Imperial Fiesta Club,is,another,option.Might,still,be,trading,with,RCI.

alfie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Mayan

The Royal Mayan #2964 and Club Internacional #2695 are listed in RCI and II. These are the only two Royal Resorts that have both designations, the others do not for some reason.

geoffb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club International (VCI) is no longer part of RCI after the 2007 membership renewal.

sg0578280

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going to the Grand Mayan Riviera Maya and its non all inclusive. Just heard that the beach is not good but there are other good ones near by. I am told that the resort itself is fabulous.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Club Regina is non AI and at the end of the bus line at the bottom of the "Seven". Co-located with the Westin Hotel and part of RCI last time I checked.

Cheers

sbfrench

Reaction score
Is the Grand Mayan Riviera on the bus route? Also, has anyone been to Club Regina, I keep reading bad reviews about it.

mfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin Lagunamar

It's a brand new resort. We stayed there on the opening day this summer, August 15th. I posted a review of it on TUG. From what we can tell, every unit has ocean view. We were on the top floor of the center building, so the view was magnificent! :eek:

sbfrench

Reaction score
Laguenamar is very beautiful but it's not in the RCI resort directory.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is the Grand Mayan Riviera on the bus route? Also, has anyone been to Club Regina, I keep reading bad reviews about it.

We were there this spring and the renovations were pretty good. We had both one that was not renovated and one that was. Both were Ok with the newer one very comfortable. Food was better at the Westin. I wrote a reivew on TUG. It is rated at 8+. Don't see any really bad reviews. BTW, I added the same review on TripAdvisor with pictures. http://cancun-hotels.tripadvisor.co...b_Regina_Cancun-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Cheers

sbfrench

Reaction score
The bad reviews are actually on the RCI web site. If we don't go until 2009 the construction should be over. Are all the rooms ocean views, that's really the most important part as far as I'm concerned.

I was just reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and they say the rooms are very old, that they smell and are musty, unfriendly staff, cement chunks falling off. Also, that it's the very first resort in the hotel zone and far from everything. Fiesta Americana sounds better if I can get that.

Last edited:

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Imperial Fiesta Club,is,another,option.Might,still,be,trading,with,RCI.

I second the Imperial Fiesta Club, its on the bus route, one way to Old Town Cancun, and the other way are the club and the congested Hotel Zone. It is in a good location with a great Beach and lots of resort sponsered daytime activities. I think it trades with RCI-gee I hope so, I bought a unit there about two years ago and haven't banked with them as I am planning on using it this spring. I stayed there on an RCI exchange a couple of years back and liked it so much I bought one resale.

Kenrabs

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I second the Imperial Fiesta Club, its on the bus route, one way to Old Town Cancun, and the other way are the club and the congested Hotel Zone. It is in a good location with a great Beach and lots of resort sponsered daytime activities. I think it trades with RCI-gee I hope so, I bought a unit there about two years ago and haven't banked with them as I am planning on using it this spring. I stayed there on an RCI exchange a couple of years back and liked it so much I bought one resale.

We,are,going,Presidents,week.I,thought,I,heard,they,were,leaving,RCI,and,going,with,II
exclusively,back,when,visiting,last,Feb.Not,sure,when,it,takes,effect.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I am going to the Grand Mayan Riviera Maya and its non all inclusive. Just that the beach is not good but there are other good ones near by. I am told that the resort itself is fabulous.

We enjoyed the beach at the Mayan Palace (Grand Mayan) - sitting in the sand -- no, not swimming there. The pools are the best we have ever seen, however I don't think the units not have an ocean view.

The Royal Sunset, yes, not a true Royal, but in RCI, and the beach is beautiufl and we asked for an ocean view when we checked in and got it.
The A/I is listed as optional and we did not take it.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are all the rooms ocean views, that's really the most important part as far as I'm concerned.

I was just reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and they say the rooms are very old, that they smell and are musty, unfriendly staff, cement chunks falling off.

Also, that it's the very first resort in the hotel zone and far from everything. Fiesta Americana sounds better if I can get that.

1) Half are Ocean Views and the Other Half overlook the Lagoon as are most places AFAIK.

2) Not our experience.:shrug:

3) We took the Public Bus and it was 15-20 minutes to town.

Cheers

sbfrench

Reaction score
I was just looking at the RCI rentals for November 2009, they have (2) Mayan Palace #6635 and 6483 available, they look like the same resort, don't know why they're different numbers. Just wondered how far it is to take the bus from the Mayans to downtown Cancu, also are most of the rooms ocean views.

They also have Royal Sunset #2465 available, how is this place? The location seems fine but the hotel looks kinda shabby.

Also, has anyone stayed at Raintree's Villa Vera Puerto Isla Myjeres #6723, that's also available. We're not night people but we do like to get out of the resort during the day.

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, has anyone stayed at Raintree's Villa Vera Puerto Isla Myjeres #6723, that's also available. We're not night people but we do like to get out of the resort during the day.[/QUOTE]

My family stayed there about two years ago. We loved it. The island is small and there are taxes to anywhere on the island for about $5.00. The beach at Playa Norta is great (taxi). The food seemed less commercialized and just downright good and reasonable at the stretch of resturants in the main part of town. The whole island had a good feel to it. We only ventured over to Cancun once during the week, we were very happy with the Isla adventure. Our party of five ate out every night with food and drinks with the average tab about $60-$70 for all of us!!

mterra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Legunamar right next to royal holiday club? I saw that going up the last time we were in cancun. Maybe it is not in the RCI directory because it just opened, maybe will be in with the next addition.

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Crown Paradise Club is optional AI. We were there several years ago and did not take the all inclusive and had a great time since everthing else besides the meals were included. They had nightly entertainment, daytime activities by the pool and was a real fun place. My son went with us when he was 16 and he still talks about the great time he had in Cancun.:) :hi:

sbfrench

Reaction score
Crown Paradise is now mandatory all inclusive. I wonder why all these resorts are going all inclusive. Maybe if you have kids it's a good thing but for 2 adults it's not. The all adult all inclusive resorts are so expensive. Also, it's fun to eat different places, not in the same resort all the time.