• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabo Azul and Grand Mayan Los Cabos

oldngrk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am heading to Cabo for President's week with a couple of families. One family in our group is staying at Cabo Azul the rest of us are staying at the GM. I was told that the resorts are right next to each other. I have a couple of questions that maybe some of you tuggers can answer.

First question, can you go back and forth between resorts? All the reviews say the knock on the GM are the cold pools - it would be a nice option to be able to get the kids into a warm pool at Cabo Azul.

Question# 2 Will the family staying at the Cabo Azul be able to come into the GM?

Question #3, can you walk back and forth to the resorts or are they too big and you'd be better off getting a shuttle? are the beaches "connected"?

Question #4, any swimmable beaches nearby or do you have to go to Medano?

Thanks in Advance!
OldNGrk

nsstampqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
The beach in front of the GM is definitely not swimmable - the closest would be Zipper's Beach where they surf. There is also Chileno (sp?) beach that is close to there as well - they are both something like a $5 cab ride - and you can arrange for pick-up with the same driver. The resorts are all open (by that I mean not gated) however security is usually posted at the entrance to/from the beach and I'm not sure what they would have in the lobby. Because these are timeshare properties and not typical all-inclusive resorts access may be different. You can certainly walk between the two (and it's not that far - maybe 2 minutes or less) but not sure what access is allowed (someone else may know this).

You should also check Trip Advisor's San Jose del Cabo Travel Forum and you can post questions there - someone will have more answers for you. We loved the resort we stayed at in this area - it made us fall in love with Los Cabos and San Jose. The sound of the waves is amazing! We didn't miss swimming in the ocean.

The Grand Mayan is a beautiful property - the beds at the edge of the beach looked really nice!

itchyfeet

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed at the Grand Mayan and you must have a GM wristband to access the property. However, you could "meet on the beach". Only the pool and hotel entrance have security.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could register adults at both resorts that way everyone would have what they needed for access. We do this even when some of our group is staying on the Mayan side not the Grand Mayan side at other locations.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Extra tidbit - the massages on the beach a resort or two up are great and $30 for 50 minutes. I liked the gals in the pink covered one best.

ran-ran

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jules
What's involved in registering guests at both locations?
Thanks
OldNGrk

I was just at the Grand Mayan Los Cabos in November and I actually registered a guest and it was easy. I went to the front desk and ask them for a guest pass for the day. The clerk gave them a temporary wrist band so that they could come and go and use the facility.

Another perk is that my friends are Luxxe owners and since I was staying during the same time as them, the gave me the same wristband which allowed free access to the spa and fitness center.

oldngrk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just at the Grand Mayan Los Cabos in November and I actually registered a guest and it was easy. I went to the front desk and ask them for a guest pass for the day. The clerk gave them a temporary wrist band so that they could come and go and use the facility.

Another perk is that my friends are Luxxe owners and since I was staying during the same time as them, the gave me the same wristband which allowed free access to the spa and fitness center.

Would the GM register a guest if they were not a Luxxe owner?
The last time I stayed at a GM it was at Riviera Maya back in Feburary 2010. I didn't have to pay to use the fitness center, is there a charge to do that now?

ran-ran

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not an owner there. I was there on an RCI exchange, however, I was there with friends that are owners of the Grand Luxxe.

The charge at GM Los Cabos to use the spa and fitness center is 800 pesos unless you qualify for free entry based on ownership level or if you are a guest of said owner.

The Internet is 700 pesos for the week by the way.

When I registered a guest, they didn't ask for name or id, they just dolled out a temporary daily braclet. It was easy for me.