• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabo and all inclusive?

JAbbott

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lawai Beach Resort, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian
My wife and I are considering using some of the RCI TPUs that we have and going to Cabo in the fall. When we travel we tend to cook for ourselves. We enjoy a drink, but find that what the fees charge for all inclusive we can do better ourselves. We don’t drink that much! We also don’t mind putting a meal together, or choosing to go out for a treat.... finding somewhere to grab a meal and people watch.
So question is, in Cabo some of the resorts I see on RCI do not have all inclusive, most do. Is there any particular advantage or reason to go that route? Have not been to the Pacific side of Mexico before.

Thoughts?

Thanks
JAMES

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If you can eat or drink as much or more than your fellow guests
at least your AI fee won't be subsidizing their eating + drinking.
Start w- bloody mary's in the AM, pina colada's in the afternoon,
and margaritas in the evening.

But you could just admit defeat and enjoy yourselves.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
All inclusives are expensive, but sometimes its really nice to splurge and just enjoy your vacation without having to make a stop at the grocery store, and cook for yourself in your unit, and stop at the liquor store, and make your own drinks. Just lounge by the pool and be served, without having to worry about what anything costs because you already paid for it.

But in true dollars and sense, AI will never be the cheapest option.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy an all-inclusive package in Cabo unless it was a screaming good deal and the resort was so fantastic that I just wanted to chill at the resort. It's too much fun to people watch from restaurants and bars along the marina, on Medano Beach, around town in San Jose, etc. We stay in Grand Solmar and Playa Grande, which have optional all-inclusive programs, but NEVER find them to be a good value. Some people do enjoy having three big meals, snacks, and drinks at the pool all week, but we don't/can't. I'd feel sick trying to eat/drink enough to make the cost of all-inclusive worthwhile! It is much cheaper and more fun to explore the offerings in town anyway. For drinks around the pool, most resorts have daily drink specials and happy hours.

Last edited:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
AI generally costs 100-150 per person per day. We probably drink more than we should on vacation in Cabo We eat out every dinner and at least breakfast or lunch each day at a full service restaurant. We have never spent close to this much per person per day, and have the choice to go wherever we want.

With AI you're stuck at the resort, or wasting even more $. With non drinking teens, it's even a wose deal as they often pay full price.

Without knowing the cost you will pay, this discussuon is just random thoughts.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Plus a lot of the food and drink at AI resorts (unless it's a super high end one) is subpar. We enjoy AI at Fiesta Americana but just for breakfast and lunch and drinks by the pool. The dinners are not all that good.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If you are a COSTCO Member check out COSTCO Travel. They offer a variety of good deals to Cabo. AI and not. I have seen 1 week deals to Royal Solaris including airfare from Oregon for less than $1,000 USA per person. Minimum of 2 people. This is an AI.

Last edited: