• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying a timeshare off the internet

Jolson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am following up on potentially buying a timeshare and was wondering if anyone had any interaction with Glenn from timesharebiz.biz? I am fairly new to this website but find it a wonderful resource for timeshare owners. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

aleksir

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regina
Flipper

It looks like Glenn flips timeshares he buys on eBay. notice from his website :

COCONUT MALLORY MARINA AND RESORT - KEY WEST Florida !

$8490 ---- ANNUAL USE - 5 STAR QUALITY and 2 BR resort in KEY WEST ! - NOW... BEST FEATURE IS THAT IT FLOATS FOR ANY WEEK ! ALL HOLIDAYS > ANYTIME --

Notice what he bought on eBay December 17th.

COCONUT MALLORY RESORT & MARINA*KEY WEST, FL*NO RESERVE
2-BEDROOM*ALL YEAR FLOAT*WEEKS 1-52*A GREAT RESORT*L@@K

Winning bid: US $3,852.00
Ended: Dec-17-05 16:00:00 PST
Start time: Dec-12-05 16:00:00 PST
History: 54 bids (US $399.00 starting bid)
Winning bidder: holidayfinder

I suggest you eliminate the middleman and go straight to eBay. But first spend some time around here and learn, learn, learn :)

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
I have bought a TS from Glenn and found him to be very good.

RE buying on Ebay
The prices on ebay, seem in general, to be the best. But sometimes the bidding pushes the price too high.
The worst thing about ebay is that there are people selling TS there, who often don't have the facts right about what they are selling. Most of the true Internet TS resellers are very good about getting their fact right, but the individual who is selling oftens gets it wrong. So it very important to check all the facts on a TS offering (maybe with the resort) to ensure you are getting what the Ebay ad promised.

Good Luck

Jolson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input

Thank you both for the input. I have been following E-bay quite closely on certain very specific auctions but I do notice a big difference from the true TS sellers versus the average person looking to sell their TS. I think I'll do some more research on this site to make certain that I have as much information as possible.
Thanks again. :)

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've bought from Glenn..several years ago..with no problem.
Connie

marion10

Reaction score
What in the world is wrong with buying a timeshare from someone who buys them off of ebay? I have bought several pacebanked weks from Glenn (back when RCI allowed it) and found him honest and reliable,

rod

TUG Member
Reaction score
aleksir said:
I suggest you eliminate the middleman and go straight to eBay. But first spend some time around here and learn, learn, learn
marion10 said:
What in the world is wrong with buying a timeshare from someone who buys them off of ebay? I have bought several pacebanked weks from Glenn (back when RCI allowed it) and found him honest and reliable,
In this case, $4,638.00; after all, you can buy them off eBay yourself, so why not do that.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Bill4728 said:
I have bought a TS from Glenn and found him to be very good.

RE buying on Ebay
The prices on ebay, seem in general, to be the best. But sometimes the bidding pushes the price too high.
The worst thing about ebay is that there are people selling TS there, who often don't have the facts right about what they are selling. Most of the true Internet TS resellers are very good about getting their fact right, but the individual who is selling oftens gets it wrong. So it very important to check all the facts on a TS offering (maybe with the resort) to ensure you are getting what the Ebay ad promised.

Good Luck

You can say that again! I recently dealt with someone who listed the wrong name for his resort. Then he listed a maint fee that was half of what it really was. You really have to watch out when someone is selling an EOY and lists the maint fee for that as _____...it may end up that you have to pay that sum *every year* but only get to use the week every other year! Honest mistake, maybe. But, maybe not. And it sure can waste alot of your valuable time pursuing something that's not for real. Make sure you call the seller's resort and check on maint fee figures and status of seller's account. If resort won't divulge, and if seller won't authorize the resort to divulge such details, then you should smell a rat and walk.

Jolson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good tips

Good point. I have been tracking several auctions but I never really thought to give the various resorts a call to verify the info. A little due diligence might save me from a big headache!