• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying a resale timeshare at Kamaole Beach Club, Kihei, Maui

Lex8991

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I wondered if anyone has any feedback on owning a timeshare at Kamaole Beach Club in Kihei? I have been going to Hawaii since the Maui Lu days haha, and keep coming back to Kihei. Any thoughts on ownership, what you think about the complex (the location is awesome), how easy it is to get the weeks you want etc. The reviews seem to be all over the map - some v critical, some great.
Many thanks for any comments!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
With some reviews "critical" and some reviews "great" then I would think you would want to take a test drive and rent a week (or do an exchange) there prior to making an ownership commitment.

If you stay there you may find you absolutely love the place, On the other hand, you may find it not your cup of tea and will be forever grateful for not purchasing there.

Remember; if you do purchase and then decide to sell then any potential buyer will read the same reviews that you did. The "critical" reviews may kill the sale.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Why were the "critical" reviews critical? Were the problems things that would be likely to persist/recur or were they because the guest thinks he/she was dissed by someone at the front desk?

Lex8991

TUG Member
Reaction score
With some reviews "critical" and some reviews "great" then I would think you would want to take a test drive and rent a week (or do an exchange) there prior to making an ownership commitment.

If you stay there you may find you absolutely love the place, On the other hand, you may find it not your cup of tea and will be forever grateful for not purchasing there.

Remember; if you do purchase and then decide to sell then any potential buyer will read the same reviews that you did. The "critical" reviews may kill the sale.

Thank you - that's a great suggestion...

Lex8991

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why were the "critical" reviews critical? Were the problems things that would be likely to persist/recur or were they because the guest thinks he/she was dissed by someone at the front desk?
Seems more like a lack of maintenance and cleanliness - it's an older complex. A bit of front desk hard to contact too - But I wonder about the last two years of reviews with Covid - must have been hard for many resorts to keep things going and up to standard? The beach location is so awesome. Some reviewers found it fine for their stay.

kbcOldster

Reaction score
Hi Lex8991. Did you find all of the answers to your questions about Kamaole Beach Club? We're longtime owners and just spotted your post.